Chapter 1
168 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1 · Long way down

The city looks almost like starlight from above. Golden glittering lights blinking back at me in an almost blinding way. The cold air was nice. Simple. Nothing unknown about it just there when you want it to be. This was a nice building. Like the cold air it had always been here. From when I was little to even now. In  20 years it had never moved or ran away like so many other things in my life. I looked down.
I looked at the ground below me and I felt little more than mourning. So many things I had wanted to see and do yet all of it pointless now. After three years of living alone I couldn't stand it any longer. I had no one and that's what made me like this. A shell. 
So I jumped. Well, more of a step.
At that moment I felt something. What it was I could not say.
Then came the rushing air. So cold.
Soon it wouldn't matter.
So cold.


Warmth. That not right.
As I open my eyes I see the street. The road and pathway. A small closed stall next to me. 
And heat.
I turn my head to the person next to me. They're hugging me. Their crying. She's crying. Warm long red hair and amber eyes that seem to almost burn with a light look into mine. 
A silver tear run down her rosy cheek. 
"Why?" I hear her whisper before something hard hits me. 


Soft and warm. Fluffy like clouds. As I rolled around I remember.
I sat up. Breath. I could not breathe. I felt ill. Sick. Everything spinning.
Time seemed to slow as I took my first breath. Scented air fill my lungs. The smell of warm earth. I opened my eyes. 
I sat on a bed. A large sky blue quilt covering me. Looking up I could see a painted ceiling of stars and a large green moon which seemed to almost emit light. 
As I tried to sit up and move I suddenly felt that I could not move my hands. I started to panic. Again. Looking down I could see under the covers only to see I had been bound to the bedding with tape. Around my arms, legs and chest.
And were my clothes. Someone had undressed me down to just my bra and pants. It took me a while to calm down. Even after trying to wiggle out of the bindings I was still bound. 
I started trying to think about this logically. No one would waste their time with trying to kidnap me and the only person I had seen was that lady from last night.
Oh god. Last night. How ... how was I still alive? I fell, then that lady. Had she saved me? How? I had jumped off a 20 stories building. No way she could have saved me. And her face. She looked so very sad.

It was then that I heard the click of the door at the far end of the room.

"So you are awake," came the warmth filled voice, like that of a sister.

Now in the light coming from the window to the right of me, I could see her better. Her hair was to her shoulders and has such a deep red it was likely dyed that way. She wore a grey suit, from the way it clung to her it looks like she rarely wore formal clothing. Not that I was one to talk. She seemed to have little makeup on just some lipstick and little else.

2