Prologue – All your base are belong to us
2.9k 2 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

???: Wake up

 A little girl who is in her blue Hanfu, is trying to wake a short ponytail guy who is in his twenties on his bed,

 Shang: Just a few minutes more….

 ???: it’s already time for you to open shop! It’s almost end of the dragon hour.

 Shang: eh….

 Shang began to move away his blanket and start standing up.

 Shang: Xiao-wan.

 Xiao Wan: Yes?

 Shang: Help me to put a notice that I will open at the end of the snake hour.

 Shang went back to lie on his bed.

 Xiao Wan: EHHHH! No, you cannot! Have you forgotten what you say about your shop rules?

 Shang: What shop rules?

 Shang look at Xiao-Wan with a pretending puzzled face.

 Xiao Wan: Didn’t you told your customers that you will open at the end of the dragon hour and close at the end of the pig hour ? You cannot break their expectations!

 Shang: Right….but I didn’t promise that I will open late, did I? So….

 Xiao Wan: So…. THAT’s NOT A EXCUSE! WAKE UP AND OPEN SHOP RIGHT NOW!

 Shang: Yes, yes, Honey.

 Shang climbed out of the bed, standing in front of Xiao Wan.

 Xiao Wan: Who is your honey! Stupid!

 Xiao Wan went red and ran away.

 The first time when Shang meet Xiao Wan was when the latter was found sleeping outside his door when he about to open for business. Shang had no choice to take her in when she went kneeing in front of him in the view of the public.

 “Knock, knock.”

 From his bedroom, he could hear the knocking on the doors of the shop downstairs.

 Shang’s thoughts: So early….

 Shang: Coming!

 Shang simply grabbed a nearby Hanfu brown robe to put on and went down stairs.

 Shang opens the shop doors and sees a fat guy in his twenties wearing yellow and gold Hanfu.

 Fat guy: Shang! You finally open your shop.

 Shang: Wang, how nice to see you again! Come in then.

 Wang Chencai was also a merchant and one of the many regular customers of Shang’s shop.

 Wang: I see you still have not changed your shop rules. You know your shop rules could really bring you trouble.

 As Wang stepped into the shop, he took a look at Shang’s wooden notice board of rules and selling items.

 Shang: Big deal. Like what I have written: “Either buy or scram.”

 Wang: Haiz, never mind. Do you have the same amount of supplies I wanted?

 Shang went behind and waved his hand over the counter. Twenty glass bottles of red liquid appeared on his counter.

 Shang: Twenty bottles red medicine, right? Twenty low class spiritual stones, thank you.

 Wang: Shang, Can’t you give me a discount ? You know how expensive spiritual stones these days ?

 Shang: Well, like I told you before, you can use martial or immortal manuals in exchange.

 Wang: Can’t I pay in gold bars ?

 Shang: You know I have no need for gold bars and you also know these bottles are worth more than gold bars.

 There are difference between in-game potions and real potions. In-game potions’ glass bottles vanished after use and do not leave any residue inside the consumer’s body while real potions do leave residue inside the consumer’s body and their bottles can be reused. Having potion residue inside will have heavy consequences to the body if the consumer take in other items. With that reason, there is needless to say which potion is better.

 Wang: Fine, you got me.

 Wang waved his hand over the counter and twenty spiritual stones appeared on the counter.

 Shang moved his eyes over the spiritual stones and then back at Wang. Shang stretched out his hand for a handshake.

 Shang: Happy to do business with you.

 Wang: Not a problem

 Wang smiled and took the handshake. To Wang, the handshake was probably just a business ritual but to Shang, it’s where his Collector’s Touch ability is activated.

 Shang’s thoughts: All your base are belong to us.

45