Chapter 5 – The title itself decided to take a medical leave (MC)
1.1k 0 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The long black haired woman who was walking was indeed Yasuri Nanami. To find out how her hair changed from green to black, one have to return to the isle where only Shang and Nanami around. That time was already evening which was a few hours after Togame and Shichika left.

Shang: So you agree?

Nanami: Yes.

Shang: What about your promise to Togame?

Nanami: As long as I and Shichika are around, our home can always be build again.

Shang: Then we should be going. Any valuables you want to bring with you?

Nanami: There is nothing valuable in the house to bring along.

Shang: I see. Here drink this.

Shang took out a glass bottle of green liquid.

Nanami: Poison?

Shang: I would prefer a living companion than a dead companion. Well, if you trust me, then drink this.

Nanami: Just to mention, normal poison does not work on me.

Nanami said before taking the glass bottle and drinking its contents.

Nanami: This is….

The glass bottle vanished from Nanami's hand.

Nanami fainted before Shang managed to grab her from hitting the ground.

Shang: I guess it is working.

Shang's ability started doing its job when Shang grabbed Nanami.

System: Added: Kyotouryuu (Rank: Black, Ninth class)

System: Added: Poison Immunity (Rank: Black, First class)

System: Added: Yasuri Nanami's......

Shang's thoughts: I knew it.

From what Shang read about Yasuri Nanami, she thought she was too talented that in order not to stand out too much, she allowed diseases and poisons to invade her body.

In doing so, she did not know she had acquired poison immunity from mithridatism.

Having more than one hundred million diseases and poisons to invade her body, her poison immunity made her body stronger against poisons that are not fatal.

From young, Nanami should not have access to so many poisons. She might have allowed her mother, Yasuri Migiri to feed her all kinds of poisons.

The result of doing so probably costed her life in the hands of her husband, Yasuri Mutsue.

It is unclear whether the exile of the family got to do with the execution or murder of Migiri but from Yasuri Shichika had said about visitors and strangers, it sounded like the island belongs to the Yasuri Family.

The glass bottle of green liquid which Shang gave to Nanami was a game item called Antidote.

Shang had noticed the height differences between Shichika and Nanami. He suspected it might be another poison that prevents Nanami from growing and her poison immunity did not negate its effect,

Shang was not sure whether Antidote would work, but he decided to give it a go.

Antidote was one of first three items that Shang saw on the system store.

The other two items are Potion and Ether.

Martial artists and Immortals have different practices in Shang's main world.

Martial artists do physical training and fighting to raise their ranks whereas immortals do spiritual breathing and casting.

They were quite similar to Warrior and Mage in gaming terms.

Through different practices, both martial artists and immortals generate a source inside their body that allows them to store energy for use. They are known as Martial Energy and Spiritual Energy.

These energies were originally colourless and invisible. The color changed depending on what path these martial artists and immortals took. One example would be Murderous energy. Martial artists that serve in the military give off a pure black murderous energy whereas martial artists that went on a killing spree gave off a dark red murderous energy.

Potions were only useful for healing physical attacks but does not restore body limbs that are separated from the main body and Ether is only useful for restoring energy inside the sources but does not restore damaged sources.

Shang did not put Ether and Antidote for sale in his main world. As for Antidote the martial artists and immortals seem to have their own ways to remove poison using energies. Antidote seems to be useless for now. As for Ether, Shang has no quarrel with other shops that selling similar items. If he had sold Ether along with Potion, who knows what tricks these shops would come up with to stop him from selling.

As Shang could not survive with customers, he made a deal with Wang and becomes the supplier. He limited the selling of potions to twenty glasses per person at the cost of one spiritual stone per glass. He also limited the selling per monthly. In other words, one customer could only buy up to twenty glasses per month.

His customers were at first unhappy with the cost and limitations but when they tested out its effect, they agreed it was worth the cost. As for the limitations, the customers has voiced their requests for removal but Shang ignored them and pointed them to his board of rules.

As for the shop counter, it appeared after a couple of items is added to the system store.

Shang found it convenient and bought it. Just with a few waves over the counter, money and products come and go.

Back on the shore of the island, Shang carried Nanami to the wooden boat which he bought from the system store.

As Shang pushed the boat from the shore, Shang noticed the physical changes on Nanami.

Nanami's hair started to turn from green to black and her body started to grow to the point that Shang had to buy a cotton blanket from system store to cover.

Shang's thoughts: As I thought, she was still poisoned.

Shang's thoughts: Her adult figure really looked like her mother and her small figure reminds me of Xiao-wan.

Shang's thoughts: I wonder how Xiao-wan is doing.

Back In the main world, Xiao-wan was sneezing behind the shop counter.

Xiao-wan's thoughts: I don't remember falling sick. Maybe I will just buy an Antidote in case.

Xiao-wan's thoughts: I wished the boss should allow me the access to more things. All I can buy are only food and potions.

Xiao-wan's thoughts: Come back soon, Boss.

24