Chapter 18 – Saa, Shokun… Hajimemashou ka?
567 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shang: Here we are.

Shang: Mount Fuji.

Nanami: This is beautiful.

As Nanami’s training was completed, Kokken takes her leave.

Shang heaved a sigh of relief to that.

Now Shang and Nanami are standing on top of a small hill, looking at the mountain.

The forest in between them and Mount Fuji was Aokigahara.

Within one of the caves of Aokigahara, there is a deviant blade.

The deviant blade was known as Dokutou, Mekki.

Shang’s thoughts: Dokuto, Mekki probably can wait.

Shang’s thoughts: Shikizaki Kiki’s body could also be here.

In the modern days, Aokigahara is considered as one of the famous suicide spots but in the ancient times, this is also a famous spot for samurais’ suicide rituals.

Twenty years ago, Shikizaki Kiki did make one appearance, and then he disappeared.

Dokuto, Mekki might be his final work.

Shang’s thoughts: Koureijutsu should be able to give me the answer.

Shang: Let’s go, Nanami

Nanami: Coming.

Meanwhile, Shang and Nanami enters Aokigahara, Togame and Shichika was confronting Higaki Rinne about Seitou, Hakari.

Togame: WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT IS GONE?

Togame: AREN’T YOU THE WIELDER?

Shichika: Calm down, Togame. At least listen to what does the Sennin got to say.

Togame: HOW COULD I CALM DOWN!

Shichika: Since it is gone, we just have to look for it.

Togame: Even if you say that….

What actually angers Togame was not about the disappearance of Hakari.

It is the planning that did not go according to what she wants.

Even if she had already relied on Princess Hitei and her new ninja, the information she wants seems to be delayed for days.

First trouble she had was at Satsuma. She did not expect Azekura Kanara who had already lost his deviant blade, Zokutou, Yoroi, took out another deviant blade Hakuto, Hari to challenge Shichika for Togame again.

Shichika nearly lost as it was not a contest of strength and Kanara has the advantage.

Along their journey as they managed to reach the Itezora village, Soutou, Kanazuchi was already stolen.

They had no trouble as Itezora villagers only accept strangers who could win them in the contest of strength.

Before they left, a messenger came up and pass them the mask of Souda Emonzaemon.

Togame knows that Emonzaemon wears this mask, but she had no idea why the mask was passed to her.

It was some time later that she found out Emonzaemon’s death when she was greeted by the new Fuma ninja.

Second trouble which both Togame and Shichika had was due to Shang’s interference. Instead of Nanami, they ended up facing the entire Shin-ei-tai of Mount Shirei (Shireizan).

Togame thought once Shichika took down the head of Shin-ei-tai, they should be able to walk away with Akutou, Bita. She didn’t expect the leaderless Shin-ei-tai to go crazy about Bita being gone from their side and attack them. In the end, Shichika took Nanami’s place in taking the entire Shin-ei-tai down.

Hoping nothing would go wrong again, Togame and Shichika proceed Lake Biwa and only managed to find the broken remains of Bitou, Kanzashi.

A deviant blade that is broken is no longer valuable. Togame simply sends whatever remains of Kanzashi to the Yanari shogunate and tells Shichika to dig around for information on other deviant blades.

Shang has already covered up the right hole before he and Nanami left. Shichika had to spend more time in digging a couple holes to find the correct one.

The Fuma ninja managed to arrive on time with news that Outou, Nokogiri was stolen from its location before they are about to continue their journey.

Learning of it, the duo had to make way to Togame’s childhood home which is Hyakkeijou, Oushuu for Seitou, Hakari.

This is where Togame started to lost her temper.

Rinne: Well, to be precise. I am not the real wielder.

Togame and Shichika: Eh?

Rinne: When Shichika passed me Hakari, I refuse to hold on to it and bury it deep in the ground.

Rinne: I did not want to end up like the previous owners of the deviant blades.

Rinne: After three hundred years, I did not expect Hakari to able to choose a wielder even it is buried.

Rinne: Twenty years ago, the wielder himself activates its effects and raises a rebellion against the shogunate. Blood was spilled and a country was destroyed.

Rinne: I had to seal it personally in order to prevent that from happening again.

Togame: so the true wielder was….

Rinne: Hida Takahito.

Shichika: Togame…

Shichika notices Togame getting pale.

Togame: Higaki Rinne.

Rinne: Yes?

Togame: You knew the reason, right?

Togame: The reason why Hida Takahito rebels against the shogunate?

Rinne: If Seitou, Hakari was still here, it should be able to show you why.

Rinne: I can show you the reason but why should I do that?

Togame: Higaki Rinne, what do you need?

Rinne: Simple. Pass my test.

While Shichika and Togame go through Higaki Rinne’s illusion test, Shang and Nanami has already completed their task and met up with the twelve heads of the Maniwa Ninja Army.

In the middle of the meeting, Shang is explaining his plans for the assassination of the Yanari Shogun.

Shang: Now everyone has a role to play and all backup plans are in place.

Shang: Saa, Shokun... Hajimemashou ka?

Shang smiles grimly.

19