Chapter 23 – Ten years
538 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chencai: It’s complicated and you wouldn't want to hear it.

Shang’s thoughts: If complicacy can be the reason for everything, do we still need the police?

Shang: I don’t see how a family member of yours would be used by someone else.

Shang says while watching Yuancai’s men who are running out of the shop

Chencai: I did warn him about his friends, but he just wouldn’t listen.

Shang: In other words, he’s worthless to the Wang Family.

Chencai: He’s worthless, but he is still my brother,

Shang: Are you sure you want to take care of someone like him for the rest of your life?

Chencai: If my father is not the head of the family, I would gladly lock him up in the house forever.

Shang: So how did you drag my business into this messy family feud of yours?

Chencai: Don’t blame me. You should be blaming the Pill Academy.

Shang: Pill Academy?

Chencai: They discover how to use pill alchemy on your red medicine. Due to your shop rules, they are unable to stock up as much as they want, so they try to buy from others at a higher price.

Chencai takes a little jade bottle and hands it over to Shang.

Shang uncorks the jade bottle and puts the pill in his other hand.

Shang: Hmm.

Chencai: How is it?

Shang: Looks like they succeed in turning the red medicine into powder form.

Chencai: And?

Shang: The side effect of the pill residue is still there.

Chencai: Impossible!

Chencai: They did a demonstration of eating more than one at one go and there are no side effects shown.

Shang: Probably the red powder’s effect.

Shang: The red powder heals the body damage which is caused by the pill residue. Once they stopped taking it, the pill residue will start poisoning the body.

Shang: And then you know what will happen.

Chencai:........

????: Third Young Master Wang!

A young man runs into the shop.

Young man: There is an incident on the grounds of the Pill Academy!

Chencai: I already know. You can leave now.

The young man immediately gives a short greeting and leaves the shop

Chencai: I was right to trust my gut.

Shang: If my gut can be that useful, I would have just closed shop and lived indoors.

Chencai: Please don’t joke about closing shop. My family is relying on you to survive.

Shang: Then I have bad news for you.

Chencai: What bad news?

There was sudden shouting outside the shop.

Shang: I think we will talk about it later.

Shang steps out of the shop.

Chencai: Why me?

Chencai follows Shang along with his men.

Some time later, several men were reported being thrown up to the sky for several times.

After Shang has settled with Wang, he returns to shop and sees Nanami talking to Xiao-wan by the counter.

Nanami sees Shang and ends the conversation by walking away.

Xiao-wan notices Nanami’s reaction and looks at approaching Shang.

Xiao-wan: Shang, I…

Shang: Ten years.

Xiao-wan: Eh?

Shang: If your feelings have not changed for me after ten years, I will accept them. Is it alright with you?

Xiao-wan: Really? Promise?

Shang: Promise.

Xiao-wan: Let it be ten or fifteen years, my feelings for you will not change.

Shang: I will wait.

Shang walks to the stairs.

Xiao-wan: Ten years…. I hope time flies faster...

Xiao-wan thinks as she sees Shang walks away.

21