Chapter 25 – Xiao Yuanshan
547 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shang: This time on barren land? Hope I can find a place before nightfall.

As Shang walks on slowly, he comes upon an open road.

Seeing there is only two directions, Shang decided to take a guess.

Shang picks up a long branch and makes it stand.

Shang later releases the branch and let it fall so that he can pick the nearest direction to go.

As Shang walks along the road, he sees skeletons in ragged Hanfu laying among the rocks on the side of the road.

Shang’s thoughts: Looks like I don’t have to change clothes.

Shang’s thoughts: This world seems dangerous. I better equip myself with a weapon.

Shang hangs a katana he made to the cord on his waist.

Shang continues walking till he hears sounds of a horse moving and a man singing behind.

Shang turns and sees a male on a carriage driven by a single horse.

He seems to be wearing Mongolian clothes but Shang was not sure whether if he is a mongolian or not.

As Shang shouts and waves to the man, the man stops singing and slows down his horse.

Covering the curtains of the carriage, the man comes down from his carriage and walks to Shang.

????: Who are you and why are you stopping us?

The man replies with a cautious attitude.

Shang: My apologies, I am Shang Yinchao.

Shang: It appeared I have lost my way, so I was hoping to ask for directions.

????: Lost your way? From the way you dress, you should be one of the Han people. As one of the Han people, you should know what location you are.

Shang: I have been living overseas for several years and it seems things have changed when I was gone.

????: Overseas? Didn’t Song Dynasty put up a sea ban?

Shang: I did come from overseas and I don’t know about the sea ban.

This question was actually to test Shang whether if he came from overseas as Song emperor has already lifted the sea ban.

The man looks at Shang for a while and then notices his weapon.

????: Looks like you have been overseas for too long, young one.

The man points to the direction of the carriage

????: If you walk from here, you should be able to find a village.

The man then points to the other direction.

????: If you continue to travel the same path as me, you will found Yanmen Pass

Shang’s thoughts: Song dynasty? Yanmen Pass? This world is Tian Long Ba Bu (Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils).

Shang: Thank you for telling me. May I know your name?

????: My name? What do you want my name for?

Shang: So that I can replay the favor.

????: Are you sure you want to know who am I?

Shang: I wish to know before I go.

????: If you insist.

????: The name is Xiao Yuanshan.

Shang knows the man, but he still shows his poker face.

Shang: Thank you.

Shang gives a light bow and leaves.

After watching Shang who has left in the opposite direction, a female voice was heard from the carriage.

????: Yuanshan, who was that?

Yuanshan approaches the carriage and pulls back the curtains.

Inside the carriage, there is a female carrying a baby.

Yuanshan: It’s just some Han traveler who has come back from Eastern Ying (Japan)

Yuanshan: We better move on. My men might be waiting for us.

????: Alright.

Unknown to Yuanshan, his men are already killed inside Yanmen Pass and an ambush is waiting for him and the female who is his wife.

Shang who has walked far enough, ran back where he came from.

Shang’s thoughts: The tragedy of Yanmen Pass. I guess I can do something about it.

18