Chapter 27 – Not all martial arts are originated from Shaolin
455 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thirty years later……

Shang: It’s already thirty years…

Shang: That Beggar Sect incident should be starting…

Shang put down the book he has been reading.

The book title was written in chinese as Lengjiajing which is also known as Lankavatara Sutra.

It is fictionally known that a Foist priest named Jueyuan derived the Nine Yang True Sutra which teaches Nine Yang Divine Skill, from it in the ending of the Return of the Condor Heroes novel.

There is another variation of saying Nine Yang Divine Skill was not actually created by Jueyuan. It’s a skill known as Little Phaseless Skill (Xiao-Wuxianggong) which was created by Xiaoyaozi of the Carefree Sect (Xiaoyao Sect). It is strange that Nine Yang Divine Skill is quite similar to Little Phaseless Skill. Both of them are inner energy skill and gives the user the ability to replicate martial arts by seeing and fighting.

Shang was surprised when the system workshop did not detect any skill from the Lankavatara Sutra. He decided to leave it at that.

For the past thirty years, Shang has been traveling around, fighting and observing using Yasuri Nanami’s eye technique.

Shang would come back to visit the Xiao couple every five years.

While Shang was away, Xiao Yuanshan himself still does what he does in the novel. He breaks into Shaolin Temple and steals their techniques.

One day after the first five years, he finds Yuanshan practicing martial arts.

Looking at the technique manual which Yuanshan left on the table, Shang asks Yuanshan if he could also get the sutras as well.

Xiao Yuanshan finds it strange when Shang asks for the technique manuals and the sutras along with it. After being bothered by his actions after a while, he decided to question Shang.

Shang: Do you think Shaolin techniques are that easy to learn?

Yuanshan: Why do you say so?

Shang: Shaolin techniques are only passed down by the masters of the techniques, not by manuals.

Shang: I don’t feel that they are nice to leave manuals lying around for people to steal and learn.

Yuanshan: What? But I don’t feel anything wrong practicing it.

Shang: The effects will not show up quickly.

Shang: Here

Shang hands Yuanshan three books.

Shang: The two books on the left are the ones you give me. The manual on the right is after I went through and did some changes with explanation.

Shang: Go on and test it out. You will find out what’s wrong.

Yuanshan:....

Yuanshan went into his room and closed the door.

A few days later….

Sounds of wood being smashed apart and someone roaring can be heard from Yuanshan’s room.

Madam Xiao who hears the noise, came in to see what’s going on.

Shang: Don’t worry. Yuanshan will be fine.

Madam Xiao: But that did not sound fine to me.

Yuanshan comes out of the room with a pale expression and throws the books at Shang.

Yuanshan: When did you learn of this?

Shang: One or two years ago? I don’t quite remember.

Yuanshan: I should have asked you before practicing it.

Shang: Don’t worry about crippling your inner energy source. I have medication to restore it.

Yuanshan: Really?

Shang Really, so are you still going to learn Shaolin techniques?

Yuanshan: All martial arts are originated from Shaolin. Where else can I learn others?

Shang: Who told you all martial arts originated from Shaolin?

Yuanshan: That was not true?

Shang: Have you read Spring and Autumn Annals of Wu and Yue (Wu Yue Chunqiu)?

Yuanshan: I did but that is unofficial history.

Shang: To you, it’s just unofficial history. To martial arts, it’s a legend.

Yuanshan: Legend? You mean Yuenu? I thought that was a folklore.

Shang: If it is a simple folklore, I am not bothered with it. Then I got my hands on this.

Shang shows Yuanshan a book that was titled White Ape Swordplay (Baiyuan Jianfa)

Yuanshan: White Ape Swordplay?

Shang: Eh? Wrong book.

Shang’s thoughts: I just failed to show off.

Shang takes out another book which had the correct title.

Shang: This is the correct one.

Yuanshan: What’s the difference between these two?

Shang: About the White Ape Swordplay, it’s just someone tried to reproduce the original swordplay behind Yuenu Swordplay (Yuenu Jianfa) by imitating an ape using a sword.

Yuanshan: And you still can find this kind of martial arts!?

Shang: Maybe I was lucky but that’s not the point.

Shang I just want to prove I was right.

Shang: The martial world is big, Yuanshan. There are hidden sects that have better martial arts than Shaolin sect.

Yuanshan: Nevermind.

Yuanshan: Give me the corrected Shaolin techniques. I will learn those instead.

Shang: Fine

15