Chapter 36 – Meet The Daughter
352 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The very guide that Shang said was the Woodcutter, Gu Ducheng, He was one of the Four Great Guardians of Duan Zhengchun and his weapon was a pair of axes.

Ducheng was seen injured and bleeding when Shang and the others approached him.

It is strange that when someone shouting for help, it would be for himself or herself but Ducheng was shouting help for his lord who he was serving.

After helping Gu Ducheng to recover, Shang, Xiao Feng and Ah Zhu agree to assist Guzheng in protecting his lord, Duan Zhengchun who is in Little Mirror Lake.

Along the way, they meet the other two Great Guardians, the Farmer, Fu Sigui who is injured and the Scholar, Zhu Danchen who was drawing a upside down painting.

Zhu Danchen’s descendants would later play a minor role in the Jin Yong’s later novels.

Upon reaching the Little Mirror Lake, they watch the scene between Ah Zi and the last Great Great Guardian, the Fisherman, Chu Wanli.

When Chu Wanli bound by Ah Zi’s strange net, a man whose age seems to be between forties and fifties, came out, inquiring about Wanli’s loud voice.

Shang: That is your father, Duan Zhengchun.

Shang says when he points at the man.

Ah Zhu: ….

Ah Zhu is silent when she looks at Duan Zhengchun.

She has a lot of questions but she doesn’t know where to start.

They watched the scene between Ah Zi and Zhengchun. Zhengchun requested Ah Zi to release Wanli by restraining her. When Ah Zi agrees, she attacks Zhengchun with a thin green needle when he releases his hold on her. Zhengchun’s martial instinct made him evade the attack and in anger, he returns the attack with a heavy palm strike that caused Ah Zi to fall into the lake.

Zhengchun was about to rescue Ah Zi after teaching her a lesson but he doesn’t see any sight of her after he reaches the spot when he last saw her.

Zhengchun starts to panic and shouts out for another person.

A woman in green comes out, answering his call. She seems to be in her late thirties but when she speaks, her voice reveals that she is actually in her late twenties.

Xiao Feng and Ah Zhu finds her weird when she says she rather save a man than a woman.

Shang: That’s your mother, Ruan Xingzhu.

Ah Zhu: This….

Ah Zhu did not expect her mother to be that weird.

Shang continue to talk while he watches both Xingzhu and Zhengchun chat an embarassing conversation.

Shang: Well, you have sisters and other mothers to meet. She’s not the only lover of your father.

Ah Zhu:.....

When Xingzhu was about to dive into the lake to bring out Ah Zi, Shang steps out to stop her.

Shang: If I am you, I would rather not help her out.

Xingzhu: This mister, why do you say so?

Shang: What a great Turtle Breathing Skill you have! It shows your sect isn’t that simple.

Turtle Breathing Skill is a martial art that allows one to hold their breath underwater for a long time. It is also mentioned in other fictions that it has an effect of increasing longevity.

Shang shouts out to the lake but there is no response.

Shang: I did not expect you even stole another treasure of your sect, Silk Lock. Did I say the name of treasure correctly, Ah Zi of the Constellation Sect (Xingxiu Sect)?

The Silk Lock was the strange net that was still holding Chu Wanli.

Shang continues to shout.

Zhengchun: What did you say!? Constellation Sect!?

Xingzhu: What’s wrong, Duan?

Zhengchun: Constellation Sect is a well-known evil sect. I did not expect such a young girl to be one of the sect members. This man was right not to let you rescue her.

Shang: if I say head of the Constellation Sect, Ding Chunqiu is already nearby, do you think he will be interested in your location?

Shang’s third shout was the final straw for Ah Zi. Out of all the sect people, Ding Chunqiu was the only one she fears the most.

Ah Zi immediately pops from the lake and lands on the shore. Before she could run away, Shang uses one of Shaolin techniques, Dragon-capturing Skill to pull her towards him.

Being held at the back collar by Shang, Ah Zi tries to struggle from him.

Ah Zi: Evil man, let me go!

Shang: If I am a evil man, you are already dead.

Ah Zi: You even know Ding Chunqiu! If you are not a evil man, how could you know such a evil person?

Knowing Ah Zi’s personality, Shang finds it pointless to argue with her.

Shang releases his hold and taps lightly on Ah Zi’s back.

Seeing a chance to escape, Ah Zi tries to use inner energy but she couldn’t.

Ah Zi: What have you done to me!? What happen to my inner energy!?

Ah Zi slashes out at Shang.

Shang: Did I know I do anything? I don’t remember.

Looking at Shang and Ah Zi, Ah Zhu recalls a similar scene between Shang and Murong Fu.

Shang did the same thing on the young Murong Fu when he tried to escape using inner energy.

Ignoring the bickering from Ah Zi, Shang turns to the Zhengchun and Xingzhu.

Shang: Sorry, if you don’t mind getting some dry clothes for that girl, I would gladly appreciate it.

Xingzhu: I don’t mind but…

Shang: If you are worried about being attacked, just give her the dry clothes. Her inner energy has been sealed by me so you have no problems restraining her.

Xingzhu: Alright then.

Xingzhu moves to Ah Zi and takes her into the wooden house.

Zhengchun: Thank you for helping me out of this predicament. I thought I might kill someone innocent as her.

Zhengchun says as he approaches Shang.

Shang: There’s no need for thanks. If you want to thank, thank the girl over there.

Shang says as he points at Ah Zhu who is standing next to Xiao Feng.

Zhengchun: She is…?

Shang: Ah Zhu, a maid from Murong Family.

Zhengchun: A maid? I don't remember having a relationship with someone from Murong Family.

Shang: To be precise, she is one of the babies abandoned by Ruan Xingzhu when she tries to hide them from her family.

Zhengchun: What!?

Zhengchun looks at Ah Zhu with a bewildered expression.

Zhengchun: She is my daughter!?

11