Chapter 59 – Fighting Lessons
110 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Shang and his group continues to move close to the gates, they can see four figures fighting.

One of the four figures is a bald bearded man in yellow robes using nothing but his fist and kicks to destroy the incoming zombies.

Second figure is a orange haired muscular woman who wields an axe in her hand. She looks like she is injured but her expression shows joy while fighting the zombies.

Third figure is a black armored woman whose side buzz hairstyle looks modern. She wields a crusader shield in one hand and a flail on another. Each swing of her fail brings heavy blows to the zombies, turning them into bits of flesh and bone.

Last figure is just a fully clothed knight that wields one sword. He seems to be match for the attacking zombies without requiring assistance from the other three.

While watching the scene, Shang calls Ale to his side.

Shang: Ale, take a good look at how they fight.

Ale: Yes, teacher.

Ale looks carefully to make sure he does not miss a detail.

After a while, Shang asks Ale.

Shang: What do you think of them?

Ale: The two women look strong but the uncle and the knight look weak.

Shang: They look weak but they have the skills to defend themselves, don’t they?

Ale: Yes, teacher.

Shang: Remember this well. Don't judge a book by its cover. Appearances can be deceiving.

Ale: Got it.

Ale later notices something.

Ale: Teacher, the uncle seems to have the same fighting skills like yours.

Shang: That’s right. My fighting style is similar to his style. To learn my fighting style, you still have to go through my training. Do you still want to continue?

Ale: Of course. I will become the strongest man in the world.

Shang smiles at the answer.

Shang then asks Ale.

Shang: Here’s my question, if you can no longer fit to continue my training and there are other types of fighting style in front of you, which one will you choose?

Ale: Who says I am not fit! I will show you what I am made of!

Ale feels insulted.

Shang: Ha ha, relax, Ale, I was only asking.

Ale: I don’t know.

Ale does not know as he has little knowledge in the outside world.

Shang: What do you know about magic?

Ale: Magic? I only hear stories about mage academy in Caldeum from mother. She says it is where only the rich and clever people can go. I don’t think I have the brains or coin for that kind of thing.

Shang: There are places where you can learn without coin but if you really don’t have the brains, I don’t see why I should continue your training.

Ale: Eh? Why?

Ale is startled by Shang’s reply.

Shang: Always think before, when and after you fight. This is what happen if you fight without thinking.

Shang points to the scene which the group has been watching.

It seems the zombies have temporarily stopped their advancement and The four people feel relieved. The muscular female falls flat on her back exhausted, not noticing there is still a zombie which is crawling slowly towards her. If it’s not for the bearded man’s high alert of his surroundings, the female would have been bitten. The three later entered the gates of New Tristram.

Ale: Woah! That was scary.

Shang: Scary indeed. Let’s go then, we discuss this later.

4