Chapter 61 – Seven Elements
106 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While camping for the night in an empty cellar which is located somewhere in the middle of Old Tristram Road, Shang is teaching Leah martial arts while the other heroes are either repairing their equipment or taking turns to guard the cellar door.

Shang: Yes, just continue the same breathing technique till you feel something.

Shang says before closing the door while Leah is sitting cross-legged.

What made Leah interested in martial arts was when Shang showed his skills of a master of acupuncture in front her, using silver and gold needles to draw the infected blood out of the patients in Slaughtered Calf Inn. When she asked The Brawler, Nek who was also helping out about how strong Shang is, Nek commented that there is a higher chance he becomes a dead Quill Fiend before he could touch a single hair from Shang.

As Shang shuts down the door, a voice can be heard from the hallway.

????: Your teachings… It sounds familiar…

The bearded man in yellow robes appeared in the hallway.

Shang: Kharazim? I believe the strict discipline of Floating Sky Monastery have taught their monks not to eavesdrop on another one’s teachings.

Kharazim: Please forgive me for that. As a protector of that young miss in there, it is my duty to make sure she does not come to any harm.

Kharazim says after he bows down in apology.

Shang: I don’t mind forgiving you if you promise me one thing.

Kharazim: What is it?

Shang: I would like to know more about martial skills of Monks of Ivgorod.

Kharazim: That’s…

Shang: That’s forbidden to say to one who is not part of the Floating Sky Monastery, is it?

Shang’s thoughts: I am not surprised. It’s almost every martial school has this kind of rule.

Kharazim: Yes, I am sorry. Is there anything else besides that?

Shang: Hmm…actually there is something you can do. How about a little spar? Just you and me.

Shang smiles at Kharazim.


After a few hours, Leah starts to feel something warm growing inside her.

Leah: Is this the martial source which Shang talks about?

During the time when they are walking along Old Tristram Road, Leah has commented to Shang about her interest in martial arts as she is bad with Horadric magic which Deckard Cain has been teaching her the last few years when they are traveling together.

Shang: I think your problem lies with your affinity with Horadric magic.

Leah: My affinity?

Shang: There is a such thing called Elemental Affinity

Leah: Elemental Affinity?

Shang: You understand from your knowledge on magic that there are seven elements, correct?

Leah: Yes, they are Physical, Arcane, Holy, Ice, Fire, Poison and Lightning.

Shang: From the books you lent me about the Horadrim, I believe horadric magic is based on the Physical element where they can change the state of materials and create items based on their ideas and knowledge, the Fire element where they use to meltdown and create their unearthly metals and lastly the Poison element where they alter their potions to give permanent effects. The remaining elements you might have affinity with would be Arcane, Holy, Ice and Lightning.

Leah: Hmm... What about martial arts? Aren’t they part of the Physical element?

Shang: I am not sure about it but you can give it a try.

As she recalls the conversation, Leah walks out of the room so that she can tell Shang the good news.

4