Chapter 64 – Wretched Mother
107 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In front of the entrance of Old Ruins in the morning...

Sonya: Here we are back again. Old Tristram. Let’s hope the Wretched Mothers are no longer around.

Leah: I heard from Captain Rumford that you three have been sent to deal with the Wretched Queen. How does she look like?

Sonya: If you look at our necromancer, they look totally the same.

Sonya points at Eucliwood.

Eucliwood:...

Eucliwood ignores Sonya.

Sonya: Now I remember now. The clothing of the Wretched Queen does not look similar to the clothing of the Wretched Mother. It seems to belong to someone of nobility.

Shang’s thoughts: Slaughtered handmaidens of Queen Asylla. By right their clothings should have redden by the blood of the corpses they feed on. How the Wretched Queen managed to keep her clothing white and clean is beyond my understanding.

Shang looks around for signs of battle as the group enters the Old Ruins.

Shang: You guys did not make a mess out of place?

Sonya: We can't. There are too many dead surrouding her like guards. We have to create a distraction so that we could take her down. Kharazim became the distraction. I and Johanna went for the kill.

Shang: And what did you guys do with the body?

Sonya: We have to leave it alone as we don’t have time for a burial or cremation. As for the head, I personally made sure it is totally cremated.

Shang:....

Shang’s thoughts: If I remember correctly, Wretched mothers are originally corpses that are twisted by foul magic and Deckard Cain says they now feed on corpses and create risen dead from their vomit. If the headless body of the Wretched Queen is being feed on, does that mean there will be more Wretched Mothers around?

Shang feels the three did not do a clean job of killing Wretched Mother.

Shang: Everyone, stop.

The group stops their movement and looks at Shang with puzzled expression.

Leah: What’s wrong?

Shang: Eucliwood.

Eucliwood: Yes?

Shang: Can you see what your skeletons see?

Eucliwood: No, I can only control their actions.

Shang: How many can you raise the most?

Eucliwood: At most seven.

Shang: How many can you control from afar ?

Eucliwood: How far?

Shang: As far as we can see from here.

Shang points in a direction.

Eucliwood uses her Essence and rises a skeleton as Shang has said.

Shang: Use it to make some noise.

Sonya: What is the use of this? There should be no more dead once the Wretched Queen is gone.

Shang: Just testing out if my theory is true.

Sonya: What theory?

Shang: Wretched Mother Theory.

Shang says as he watches the skeleton takes up a stone and throws at a half-demolished wall.

Nothing happens as the group watches the skeleton for some time.

Sonya: See, nothing happens.

The attentive Kharazim puts a finger to his mouth

Kharazim: Be quiet and listen.

They watch as a figure slowly moves towards the skeleton from afar.

Once the figure stops moving, something comes out from it, covering the skeleton with unknown liquid.

Some of the liquid falls to the ground, forming a pool as the skeleton does not have anything to prevent the liquid from falling.

From the pool of liquid, out came a hand which grabs the leg of the skeleton.

A risen dead comes out, climbing over the skeleton which has tripped by the hand.

The group is silent after watching the scene. Shang breaks the silence by speaking.

Shang: Guys, I think we have a problem here.

4