Chapter 69 – Necromancer
94 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the way back to Sonya and Johanna, Shang and Cain comes to a several piles of corpses where someone seems to be feasting on them.

Cain: What kind of abomination is this?

Cain says as he looks at the corpse-feeding white haired figure.

Shang: Not abomination. Necromancer.

Shang says as he notices the scythe of Eucliwood laying on one side of the figure.

Cain: What did you say!?

Cain is startled to know that the corpse-feasting figure was a necromancer.

Shang: Hey, Eucliwood, I found Cain, let’s go.

Shang calls out to the white haired figure.

The figure stands up upon hearing Shang’s call and turns around, revealing the beautiful face of Eucliwood and her mouth still covered with blood from corpses.

Eucliwood: So that is the famous Deckard Cain.

Eucliwood tries to step closer to Cain but he steps back.

Eucliwood: Am I that frightening ? I remember hearing stories about Deckard Cain has no fear traveling with one of us.

Shang: You are frightening when you forget to clean up. Take a look, you look like one of the Risen Dead.

Shang shows Eucliwood a hand mirror that reflects her face.

Eucliwood: Oh, my apologies. I am not done with my meal.

Eucliwood says as she touches the blood on her mouth. The blood around her mouth disappears, showing her pale skin.

Shang: We don’t have much time. Clean up and get ready to go.

Eucliwood: Got it.

Eucliwood returns to her usual business.

As Cain and Shang walks slightly far from the Eucliwood’s location, Cain starts to speak

Cain: Have the necromancers gone astray while I was gone? I don’t remember seeing them with skills like that.

Shang: Eh? They don’t have skills like that... Oh!

Shang recalls the differences between Diablo II’s necromancer and Diablo III’s necromancer.

Shang: From what I have understood, It had to do with becoming one with the death. They must have resorted to blood magic since necromancy is not enough for them.

Cain: Blood magic? When did the necromancers start to learn such magic?

Shang: When you say? I remember the necromancer who you had followed by his side has the ability to create Blood Golems by using a small quantity of his blood.

Cain: Was that how Xul creates his Blood Golems!? I had always thought it was created by using necromancy.

Shang: I suppose so… Wait, you did not know about it.

Cain: What I know is what I hear and see with my own eyes and eyes. Such knowledge about their magic like this are restricted to the cult members of Rathma and I have not gotten an answer from Xul about his magic. The question is how did you manage to know?

Shang: Eucliwood has the same skill which your friend, Xul had. Creating Blood Golems is one of her specialty.

Cain: I see.

Seeing Eucliwood is approaching them, the group moves onward to look for Sonya and Johanna.

Both of them are easy to track as they really make a mess out of the inner levels by either destroying weak walls and stone sculptures.

The group finds the pair resting in an empty room.

Sonya: This is the old man Leah was talking about?

Shang: Yup. There's no time...

Before Shang continues to speak, sounds of marching can be heard

Shang: That doesn’t sound good.

Sonya: No, it doesn’t.

Shang: We better get going.

3