Chapter 73 – Nazeebo
82 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Somewhere in the Cemetery of the Forsaken, the Waypoint lights up and Shang appears on the top of it.

Shang: Let’s see…

Shang checks his surroundings to find himself surrounded by gravestones.

Shang’s thoughts: Of all places, you have to build the Waypoint in the middle of the enemy territory.

Shang curses the old Horadrim in his thoughts but he could not blame them. No one would know the people bury the dead near the Waypoint in the future.

Shang also notices some skeletons walking around with either equipped with one sword or equipped with both sword and shield.

With his martial arts, Shang sneaks past the skeletons and jumps up to the tallest crypt he could find for a clearer view of the cemetery.

Shang’s thoughts: Looks like they have not reached here yet. I guess they are stuck in Weeping Hollow.

Shang thinks as he looks around for the group who he thought is already here.

As Shang looks around, he notices a skeleton falls back from knocking onto some kind of invisible wall. The skeleton stands again and swings its weapon against it. There is nothing deflecting the weapon. The skeleton tries to approach but fail as he falls back again. Unable to move towards the direction it wants, it goes the other way.

Shang looks from location of the skeleton and notice the tree which the skeleton is approaching has a strange light hanging from one of its tree branches.

Deciding to investigate the light, Shang jumps towards the tree from crypt to crypt.

As Shang comes closer to the tree, he notices there are also strange things hanging from the tree branches.

Shang’s thoughts: Where did I see them before?

Shang stops before the invisible wall which had prevented the skeleton from passing through.

Shang puts his hand on it and his hand goes through it.

Shang’s thoughts: It only works on the dead.

Shang then moves towards the tree and climbs it.

Ignoring the other hanging objects, Shang works his way up the tree towards the hanging light.

As he comes closer, Shang feels the sudden blow of the wind which shakes the hanging light.

The hanging light turns to face Shang as it shakes.

Shang stops his climb as he is now face to face with the light.

Shang had thought it might be a doll or amulet hanging from the branch. He did not expect to see a hanging head of a brown haired female whose eyes are wide open and glowing.

Shang’s thoughts: That face, where did I see it before…

Shang thinks as he tries to remember by staring at it.

Shang’s thoughts: It is her...but wait, isn’t this item…

Shang’s thoughts are interrupted by a sudden pull from his shoulder.

A masked voice is heard.

????: Wake up. Her countenance is not for mortal eyes.

Shang turns around and finds himself in front of a figure wearing a huge mask which has two set of eyes.

Shang: You are?

????: Young one, this is not a place for you to come here. It is best that you leave.

The figure says while revealing an ornamented dagger on one hand.

Shang: I am afraid I can’t.

Shang says as his eyes fixed on the ornamented dagger.

????: State your reasons.

Shang knows who is standing in front but he pretends not to know.

Shang: Horadrim.

????: Horadrim? Wait… The spirits speak of you... The Order… The Crusaders of Light… What brings such a young protector like you to this place?

The figure lowers the dagger.

Shang: The Nephalem.

????: The Nephalem? You are looking for me?

Shang: Not only you, there are others who are supposed to be here.

????: There are other nephalems? So I am not alone…

Shang: I think they are still trapped in the Weeping Hollow. Will you come with me, Witch doctor? Oh wait, I forget to introduce myself. The name’s Shang. What’s yours?

????: The name’s Nazeebo.

The figure says while removing his mask, showing a face with piercing on his chin and ears.

2