Chapter 81 – The Fixed Crown
50 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Days later, Haedrig is done fixing the crown of King Leoric and Shang does the delivery.

While he is delivering it, Shang checks the properties of the crown. The reason that Shang is checking is because when the group obtained the crown from Haedrig’s grandfather in the Cemetery of the Forsaken, Shang remembered the in-game description of the crown which said that the crown could cling to any jewels that are near it and wanted to see whether if the description is true or not. Shang placed several jewels near it and they attached themselves to the empty jewel slots of the crown.

Shang’s thoughts: Interesting.

Shang tries to remove the jewels and they are removed easily.

Shang tests the crown with the same jewels and they still attached themselves but to different empty slots of the crown.

Shang’s thoughts: Looks like the taint of madness is still around but how did Haedrig retain the taint when he fixed it?

Shang makes a mental note in his mind to check Haedrig's anvil as he does not think Griswold's notes have anything to do with it.

Upon entering Cain’s House and passing the crown to Cain, Cain places a red jewel in the middle empty bottom slot of the crown.

Shang: What’s that?

Shang ask curiously.

Cain: A shard of the Soulstone.

Shang: The what!?

Shang takes a look as he touches the red jewel.

Shang: So this is the shard of the Soulstone that sealed Diablo once. I am curious how did you get it?

Shang had been in contact with Cain and did not find any shard of it on him. What Cain has on him are his notes and a Horadric Cube which is the same cube that he used for combining items in Diablo II.

Shang’s thoughts: I never thought it could be used as a spatial item. I suppose that is how Cain hide important items from any detection. From what I know, it is a weaker version of the Kanai’s Cube which is currently at the Immortal Throne. I will go for it after Diablo is down.

Cain: I came across it when I was exploring the lower levels of the Cathedral. I never thought there will be shards of it after it was shattered.

Shang’s thoughts: Eh? Wait, there shouldn't be any shard left. Unless...

Shang thinks as he tries to recall events of Diablo I and Diablo III.

Cain: With this shard, we should able to bind the spirit of King Leoric to his corpse and defeat him but because of Leah, there is a change of plan.

Cain looks at Shang.

Shang: Wait, Cain. I don’t think it is a good idea to use that shard. There should not be any shard left unless…

Cain cuts him off by saying.

Cain: Unless Lazarus himself managed to cut a shard from Diablo’s soulstone. Probably but it will not affect our plan.

Cain takes out a golden cube after saying.

Cain: Do you know what is this. Shang?

Shang: Horadric Cube. I see. I understand why you are not worried.

Cain: Yes, you guessed correctly. This shard of a soulstone that no longer holds the essence of Diablo but the powers to bind a soul to its corpse.

With the cube on one hand, Cain takes the crown by the other hand.

Cain passes the both of them to Shang.

Cain: The cube is more useful to you than to me. Take it with you.

Shang: Cain…

Cain: Go now and don’t disappoint me and Leah.

Cain looks away.

Shang nods and leaves Cain’s house.

Cain:... It is all up to you now.

Cain says as he hears the closing sound of his door.

2