Chapter 86 – Sword of the Stranger
48 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After bringing the amnesiac Tyrael from the bottom levels of the Desolate Chamber back to New Tristram via the Waypoint and leaving him alone with Deckard Cain and Leah, the group heads to Slaughtered Calf Inn while Shang heads to the shack where Cala and his family is staying.

Shang has not neglected Ale’s martial training during his stay in New Tristram. Seeing that Ale’s martial foundation is strong, Shang proceed to increase the level Ale’s training of basic combat techniques such as punching, kicking, grabbing etc.

This training continued for days.

Ale: Ouch…

Ale says as he lands onto the ground by sitting.

Shang: On your feet, young man.

Ale: Is this really martial training? I feel like being tortured.

Ale dust the sand from the back of his pants as he stands up.

Shang: it is to build up your endurance to pain. Getting distracted after feeling pain is fatal in combat. Remember that.

Ale: Yes, Teacher.

Shang: Let’s continue then.

Before they can start, Leah voice can be heard, calling for Shang.

Leah: Shang, Deckard is looking for you.

Leah is seen walking towards Shang.

Shang: I hear you.

Shang turns to Ale and pats on his head.

Shang: Okay, I got to go. If you got the time, practice on the Wooden Dummy (Mu Ren Zhuang) which I have left in your room. Be sure to do that with at least one of your parents is watching as you might get hurt from practicing on it.

Ale: Got it.

Shang walks with Leah towards the direction of Cain’s House.

Leah: So that was my senior? He looks younger than me.

Shang: Well, he is my first disciple and he has better martial foundation than you. Speaking about it, how’s your training with Valla?

Shang has asked Valla to train Leah as Valla seems to be the suitable teacher for physical training.

Leah: Don’t ask. I don’t want to remember it at all.

Leah grabs her head with both of her hands.

Shang: Was her training a nightmare?

Leah: It’s more like she is training me to be another demon hunter.

Shang: Wouldn’t that be good? Deckard would be happy if you become a Horadric demon hunter.

Leah: Forget it. I don’t think I am fit to become one.

Shang and Leah converse till they reach the location outside Cain’s House where Cain and the group are waiting.

Cain: Good, everyone is here. Now listen, your next quest will be retrieving one of the pieces of the stranger’s sword in the Fields of Misery where I believed it is causing the khazra to go on rampage. The sword is important to us as it could tell us what grave news this stranger has brought us by recovering his memory.

Cain says as he turns to the stranger who is known by Shang as Tyrael.

Nazeebo: Khazra... Looks like I have to fight my people again.

Khazra were once humans from the Umbaru race before they turned into goat-like creatures.

Valla: Goat demons…

Valla licks her lips.

Sonya: Finally a worthy challenge, I had enough of weak corpses and bones.

Li-ming: The Kharza will be an interesting subject to study.

Kharazim, Eucliwood and Johanna remain silent.

Kormac: I will go wherever all of you go.

Jondar: Sorry, I am sitting this one out.

Group: Hmm?

Kormac: What’s with this cowardice!? Explain!

Jondar: Woah, easy, brother. It is not that I am scared but the cult which I had left seems to be in the same place where you guys are going.

Kormac: What did you say!? The Coven is there too! Why did you not say that earlier?

Jondar: You didn’t ask.

Cain: Enough. If what Jondar says is true, the Coven might be looking for the same thing that we are looking. Then we must be ahead of them.

Cain speaks up to interrupt the dispute between Kormac and Jondar.

Cain then walks to the New Tristram Waypoint and activates it.

Deckard: The shortest path to the Fields of Misery is near the Cemetery of the Forsaken. Good luck, heroes.

One by one, the group enters the Waypoint and Li-ming is the last to enter.

Li-ming notices Shang is not coming with them.

Li-ming: Shang, are you not coming with us?

Shang: Yeah, I have to be in another location. We will probably meet up along the way. Help me inform the others, will ya?

Li-ming: Leave it to me.

Deckard Cain deactivates the portal and activates the portal again after Li-ming enters it.

Deckard: There will be a distance before you reach the Cursed Hold. Find her and come back as soon as you can.

Shang nods and disappears into the portal.

2