Chapter 1: Out of the Blue
129 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, you think that isekai novels arose by a guy who was really summoned to another world and who after defeating the Demon King returned to write his journey."
"Exactly."
"...Seriously?!"

My group of friends and I were discussing about the origins of certain genres of literature in the deserted library of the high school, when Dean began to talk about the so over-exploited ‘isekai’ theme. That Japanese subgenre that revolve around a normal person from Earth being transported to, reborn, or trapped in a parallel universe, usually a fantasy world and which generally has hundreds of women looking for MC to copulate with for no reason. That's now our main topic of conversation.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think these kind of works are bad. I just feel some authors are too lazy to write their characters, whether it's from the black-haired protagonist who's a magnet of airheads, or the heroines who have no decision-making ability. It's almost as if there was only one man in the world for them! Ah, but anyway, It's not as if this only applies to this ‘genre’. In fact, you can see it everywhere.

Now, what the hell’s wrong with Dean? From one moment to the next he came up with a completely ridiculous theory. And no, this is not a joke. He’s really serious about this. He wants to convince us that something like that happened! Ah, but whatever... I don't plan to waste my time listening nonsenses.

“I'm going to the bathroom... Won't be long."
"Running away from Dean, huh?"
"Wise choice, Ray."
"How mean, guys!"

Having raised from the table and left the library, I took the longest path to the bathrooms and upon arrival sat in the furthest cubicle from the door just to snoop on my social media. I knew that when Dean starts something it didn't end until half an hour later, so I wanted to make time go by quickly in order to alleviate the suffering of having to listening him speak.

Yeah... That was what I intended to do. It wasn't until minutes after sitting on the toilet and opening my twitter account that a kind of light began to shine brightly from the floor. I instinctively closed my eyes, and for a moment I felt hearing the peal of several bells, until it finally stopped. However, something even more shocking came with it.

"Whoa, what the hell was that?!"

When I decided to open my eyes, still had twinkles and spots of light on my eyeballs, so I chose to close them again. It was something like as if I had seen the sun at its zenith directly for several minutes. Nevertheless, even though I still couldn't see what the hell was going on, I was able to hear something that immediately puzzled me. Specifically, a woman's voice echoing all over the place

"Ooh, Your Highness. The summoning has been a complete success!” She said.

Which brings us to this exact moment.

Huh…? A woman?! Your Highness?! Wait a moment, what do you mean with "summoning"...? Who the hell got into the bathroom?! Why I’m blind?! The fact I can't see what's going on isn't helping me at all!!

Nerves are eating at me right now! Let's see, I was supposed to be inside the men’s room, but suddenly I started hearing a certain woman's voice. So, was I mistaken and entered to the ladies room? That could be possible. Now, how to explain the crazy things that woman’s saying?

"Here’s the man who will save our race!" Exclaimed the same person again.

Once I got my vision back...I saw it. Inside a long and wide stone-covered structure, hundreds of people kneel around me, each holding a kind of wizard's staff in their hands and wearing an ankle-length black cloak. Almost as if they’re some sort of cult or something. Even so, the most amazing detail came from their heads.

Holy moly! All of these people have bunny ears! That's not all, the hoods of their cloaks have openings for their ears! How cute...! No, wait a minute! Why are they wearing bunny ears?! Am I dreaming or what? Did I hit my head on something? Maybe the bathroom ceiling collapse right in my head... No, I don't think have such bad luck. Damn, this feels too real! What if...this is another world?

While I'm in my thoughts... "Yaaaaay!!” All the «Rabbit People» suddenly shout for joy in unison, hugging each other and celebrating what seemed to be a success for them. However, I am still shocked and speechless trying to process this whole thing happening... You know, this is making me looks like a descended God.

With that said, how is it possible that being in the high school bathroom I could ended up in a meeting of weirdos wearing rabbit ears and adoring me...? What the fuck is this!! Who wrote this slop?! Stop celebrating and explain to me what's going on!!

"Stay calm, my people! It's not the time to celebrate yet!" Exclaimed another woman.

As I sat there searching for answers about my situation, a strong voice came from behind me making my flesh crawl. The «Rabbit People» fell to their knees once more and all without question. The moment I decided to turn around, I confirmed it. That sedan chair, the crown on her head, her majestic clothes... There was no doubt. The mere presence of their Queen, let me know that this was the cliché scene from just any isekai novel with no real plot.

Since English isn't my first language, sorry if I make mistakes.

1