Chapter 1 – A day at the coliseum
136 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was early in the afternoon in the great coliseum of the capital of the imposing kingdom of Draigaria, where the games were being celebrated for the thirteenth birthday of the princess of the kingdom, who was happy with her family on a luxurious balcony, prepared especially for the royal family, watching with joy the cruel duels developed in the battle arena.

"Father, did you find this meeting, didn't you find it sublime when those filthy peasants were massacred by the basilisk?" The princess said to her father, disturbing words wrapped in an innocence worthy of a somewhat spoiled girl. And this one replied

"Well, darling, it seemed boring to me, it was very one-sided, it would have been better to let them believe that I had possibilities, also, that those tramps insulted me during the combat was in very bad taste, they should be grateful to die for our sake, but I have to admit that the part where the basilisk ate mother and daughter was very emotional." his daughter commented.

"Ohh father, how kind you are, I simply ignored the noise that those tramps said, and your mother, what do you think?" the princess ended up asking her mother.

"You and your tastes, let's see, I also found it boring, I don't know, it ended very quickly, if it had been slower it would have been better." the mother answered

Before the comment, the two agreed and continued talking for a while longer, but the duels continue and the king interrupted his conversation to indicate to the master of ceremony to continue with the next duel, which he followed the orders properly and said to continue with the next act.

"Ohh lady and gentleman of great prestige that is gathered here, in celebration of the thirteenth birthday of our princess, our shining star, I regret to tell you that we are reaching the end of today's duels, being that there are only 2 two duels left, But do not feel bad, we have reserved the best for last and in preparation for the next duel, we are pleased to present you an all against all battle sponsored by various gladiators recognized as also initiated slaves, as well as ferocious beasts of fame. Now without further delay, let the condemned enter."

All the crowd was elated by the speech of the master of ceremony and looked inside the arena to see how the condemned men appeared little by little from the 6 doors around the arena and they were dressed either in rags or some pieces of armor, which only covered important parts of the body.

The parade only lasted about a minute when the last warriors came out of the gates, among them came a ragged pre-teen carrying a simple dagger, and it could be seen that he was of a race-related to reptiles since the Pupils of his yellow eyes are like those of a snake, his arms and legs were covered by beautiful and sinister scales colored by a combination of dark red with charcoal black, as well as some scales could be seen on his forehead.

The condemned after leaving went to line up in the direction of the king, and then say most of the participants in armor.

"Those condemned to die, greet the king!"

After that, the master of ceremony, gave the start signal, which began a group slaughter, iron against iron, blows, mutilations, and blood everywhere, occurred together in the wide arena which was tuned to the battle with the clamor of the people and the background music.

Following up on the slaughter, first, the most experienced gladiators sought to eliminate the weak inexperienced, then finished with the weak, to begin a more disorderly slaughter, which It became more chaotic after, that, in the middle of the arena through a hatch and through the doors around it came out carnivorous and aggressive beasts.

But amidst all the chaos and blood, the pre-teen could be seen humbly and calmly nimbly killing everyone who approached him, aiming precisely at his weak points. and this continued happening throughout the duel.

In the final moments when the pre-teen had just killed one, jumping a little and cutting his neck, and then when he fell, he noticed that later on the last two participants were still fighting apart from him, and without thinking much he threw his dagger hard towards one of them and immediately ran towards them.

What happened next is that the dagger pierced his throat giving him a death sentence and his opponent when he saw his opponent dying, turned at once to see the culprit who was already close to him, for which he prepared herself in vain to receive him, since the boy deviated to retrieve his dagger from the unfortunate man and immediately evade the attack towards him to then counterattack by cutting his neck.

The crowd when witnessing such an ending and under the victory of such a creature, was stunned but that did not diminish the euphoria of such an unusual event, but the show must continue for that reason the master of ceremony finished the meeting and after some time announced to the public.

"What a spectacle, what an end, ladies and gentlemen we have just witnessed a battle of legend, of how a small unknown underestimated young man, shows us that nothing is what it seems, so we must give a little ovation to this little warrior ".

The crowd was then masterfully victorious in such a way that the stadium boomed with vibrations caused by the sound of shouting and applause as well as the tapping of the feet to the ground. And just like the previous duel, the royal family happily discussed the duel until after a while, the King indicated that they should continue the show.

"What a joy the atmosphere feels vibrating!, But the show must continue, and at the same time end, yes, what follows is the last fight, dear and honest public".

"But do not feel bad, since the end will fill you with emotion Now, as a young warrior, you who came out of nowhere, you who fought to the end magnificently and without harm against fearsome beasts and fighters, you an unfortunate slave sent to its almost certain end, you have persevered magnificently up to here and alone Glory will await you if you are victorious in the next meeting, you, the one whose identity has not mattered so far, because of your skill and features, only the title of Sinister Salamander could identify you, but it will only be a vain title of a defeated hero if your perish in this contest."

"Now, lady and gentlemen, it is a pleasure for me to start the last battle, which will be a classic one on one, being the first opponent, our young star in search of survival and glory. the sinister salamander."

The Master of ceremony paused when introducing the young for the public to give him a short standing ovation, and then continue

"And we have as his opponent, the legend of the arena, the undefeated champion, the monster of annihilation, the hybrid ogre and Dragonoid, Drongondo!.

Then the public went crazy and from the door of the arena that faced the royal family, a terrifying monster of about 3 meters tall, with grey skin and something very dark green scales that covered his arms, legs, back, part of the face, and chest, with a shaved head but covered with some scales, protruding from the forehead a pair of horns that rose to the sky, carries with it some parts of armor that only covered the crotch, thighs, and chest, as well as also a giant ax with twin blades of great size.

After leaving, the giant stood in the middle of the arena to greet the royal family, meanwhile the pre-teen was standing near the shore watching his opponent and being rude to the royal family for not showing up. After the greeting, the giant turned in the direction of the pre-teen, looking at him threateningly, waiting for the master of ceremony, who was quick to continue.

"Now with nothing more to add! let this last duel begin!"

This dialogue marked the beginning of the long-awaited and dramatic duel accompanied by the clamor of the people, who felt betrayed by the following events since at the start of the match both as a glorious start ran towards their opponent, for they were then at a distance of conflict, the beast anticipated in a run attacked first swinging his ax horizontally and with great speed to the pre-teen, who jumped at the last moment passing over the swinging ax, and with his speed and momentum he stuck his dagger in the eye of the giant to a fatal depth which caused his death, and in the perfect victory of the pre-teen.

This time there was no clamor and glory, only a stunned silence followed by a boo caused by a lack of emotion, which quieted a bit to listen to the master of ceremony.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it seems that we have underestimated the ability of our now new champion, who has surprised us, defeating our heroic Drongondo in a simple and brutal way, but nevertheless I apologize with all my heart for the quality of this duel that although It was a clash of titans, the speed and entertainment of this did not meet expectations ..."

On the other hand, in the royal family, after the duel was over and shortly before the ceremony master's speech would begin, the beloved princess said on the air.

"I want it."

These words were heard by his father who told him

"What do you want my girl?"

which replied

"Father I want that young man as my servant"

but the father denied it

"But my girl, you do not see that he is an unclean slave without manners and education, also if you want someone strong, you have our knights".

Then the mother added.

"Your father is right my life, a slave like that does not fit our lifestyle."

The princess did not appease these words and continued to insist

"I want him, he will be a good servant, please mother, father, I will educate him well, you will see that he will be a tremendous servant, please, please, please, yes? Or was it not that I could have everything I wanted? please for my birthday."

With this attack, his father was defeated, being able to say only words of a defeated father.

"Ahh you have me, it's okay, you can have it, but I hope the royal family doesn't embarrass you."

At the end of the deal, the King stood with his daughter on the edge of the balcony accompanied by 4 knights, to say a few words, this act interrupted the poor master of ceremony.

"Ohh brave young, you have fought perfectly well and forcefully, but I must say, that the duel left much to be desired, but I do not address you, with this purpose, else to indicate that you have liked my daughter and she wants to propose something to you, now my daughter, come and express your will".

Then surprising her father, the princess whistled with the help of her hands, causing a large wolf to emerge from the darkness of the door of the entrance, which ran towards her, which, being a step away from the wolf, jumped towards him to stop. Falling gracefully onto her back, she then led the wolf into the arena leaping over the stands and the audience, followed from behind by a pair of knights who were delayed by the shock.

Once he was on the stage and the father raised his hand to his face, the princess on the wolf walked with his escorts nobly until she was a few steps from the pre-teen, then got off the wolf and put his left hand on his waist and pointing with the other saying authoritatively.

Kneeling filthy slave and with my head down I don't want a bug like you to see me, maybe you don't know, but I'm your princess, now tell me your name."

Such oppression and authority did not affect the pre-teen, but in any case, he knelt down as I indicated and said monotonously.

"My name is Kan"

The young princess upon hearing his name continued.

"You don't know how to talk to me, either? But I will ignore it for now since today is my birthday, listen to dirty scum, I have liked you, so from now on you will be called Grimy, and I, the Crown Princess Liliana Auralia Draigar Lonenia, will call you as my faithful personal servant. Now let me hear your oath of fidelity."

Even with such words, our pre-teen remained undeterred but nevertheless fulfilled what was demanded by saying.

"I grimy from today I swear to dedicate my life to serve you, protect you, and love you until my death."

 

1