Chapter 05: STORY END
32 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Hi, I'm sorry if any of you like my story so far but, to be honest, this is my first time writing something outside of school work. As such I have realized that the amount of time and effort I put into building my little work is now backfiring on me. I started writing this one night about four to five days ago and stayed awake all night planning things, but that is not enough. I didn't flesh out any concrete magic systems or even who the "bad guy" was so because of that I'm ending this little story to start with a new project. I'm glad that I tried writing this though because even though my work so far has been clearly lacking compared to other people's work I got to somewhat test the waters of world-building. Thanks! Also, I was basically finished with this chapter so here it is. 

 

*The valley of Sol and Luna*

After finding a group of people who apparently were called 'Humans' Luna had been very pleased with herself. After all, she figured out that she could bestow her power onto others my fusing her mana with theirs. When she had given Brian some of her power she did not really expect much but it seemed like it activated when the update came out. Finishing that thought Luna walked through the forest to where her brother was staying. Unlike his sister, Sol could not hide his aura no matter how hard he tried and this irked him to no end.

Sol noticing Luna approaching asked, "So? How'd it go?" Luna replied happily. "It went great even though I thought I killed him at first. I just needed to wait for Mother to finish updating the System."

Scowling a little Sol asked, "Is that really all that happened? Come on tell me." Luna rolled her eyes in an exasperated fashion. "Fine. Okay, so the first weird thing about these humans is that they wear some really restrictive cloth. I think it's because they can't handle the cold. The second weird thing is that it seems like they felt your aura through some little tool covered in scratches. I don't know how it works but I found it the night I looked through their things."

Sol pondered this new information while thinking out loud,  "Now it makes sense why they suddenly veered off the path they were going. Anyway, won't your mana just kill him when he evolves? I doubt he will live very long considering his level was too low to evolve naturally."  

"Well you might be right but if he lives he'll be one of the rarest things on this planet. Isn't that a good enough reason?"

Sol looked at his remorseless sister and said, "Remind me not to get on your bad side."

 

*Back to Brian's current situation*

 

This was definitely the worst day of Brian's life. Thankfully his seizing had stopped but still, all he could feel was agony. It was so bad that he just curled up in a ball and wept silently trying to block out the pain. The view his friends saw however was much worse. They watched as Brian's eyes visibly ruptured, saw his ears bleed, and his skin shift and twist in an unnatural way. They all watched in horror as more and more blood started flowing out of him.

Brian eventually got to his senses and tried to call out to his friends in a panicked voice, "Wh- why can't I see?.... Hello?" Wikkar tried to speak to him but it was a lost hope as Brian's eardrums were destroyed. Instead, he went over to Brian and hugged him.

"wh-what?" Brian was shocked by the touch as he thought his friends had left him. "You guys didn't leave? Oh god, that's a relief" Almost as soon as Brian finished his sentence he passed out from fatigue and slumped into his friend's body.

Nikolai's face shone with a worried look, "Do you think he got an evolution? I mean if they're all like that I really don't want one. Plus how could you call that evolution?" The three of them agreed in silence. This time it was Gregory who said something. "Wait don't we have health stimulants? There's no way all of us forgot one." Wikkar and Gregory looked at Nikolai as he was the most likely to have one.

Nikolai checked his Inventory. "Okay, I only have one but the thing is that is one is in the Greater Heal category and this thing costs a fuck ton of money. I had to use part of the guild's funds for it."

Wikkar looked at him like he was an idiot and spouted in an angry tone. "Well if you used the guild's money on it then you should use it to heal one of our founding members. Plus if you didn't want to use it on him you would have hidden the damn thing so come here and jab the fucking thing in him."

Nikolai's face carried an apologetic look as he handed the health stim over to Wikkar. Before Wikkar injected the stim he whispered, "fuck, this is probably going to hurt a lot." Then he stuck it through the skin on the base of his neck. The reaction was immediate when he finished the injection as Brian started flailing again yelling some incoherent gibberish. Soon steam could be seen coming out of his eyes, ears, and even mouth. Following the steam was a sickly squishing sound as his body repaired itself.

An hour had passed before Brian woke up again. "Hey guys, you still there?" He asked nervously. Wikkar responded happily, "Why the heck are you so convinced that we'd leave you? Wait can you hear me?" Brian's face lit up after hearing his friend's response, "Ya I can hear you. I don't really remember much so can you tell me what happened?" Wikkar, Gregory, and Nikolai took turns explaining, and after they finished Wikkar asked. "Hey have you even tried opening your eyes yet? They were bleeding the most."

"That is probably a good idea. Somehow I forgot about them." Brian said sheepishly. He opened his eyes saw that his vision had changed but before he could say anything his friends shouted in shock. "Your eyes are completely black!" He responded with a confused face. "I noticed that my vision looks different like everything is sharper in color but also grey at the same time."

"You should see it from our angle, it looks like you've got two black holes in your skull."

 

*found a good example of what I mean*

Spoiler

black hole eyes

[collapse]

 

"Hey, Brian you should check your System menu. See if anything is new." Proposed Nikolai. Brian opened up his menu like a little kid during Christmas who thinks he's been given coal.

 

Spoiler

[Brian Siges]

...Titles...
[First Celestial Human]

Celestial humans have permanent mutations: bonuses increase with levels

  • Eyes can now see mana, can be toggled
  • Ears can hear sounds slightly better
  • Skin is slightly tougher

[Blessed by Celestial Being]

  • Gives power boost when under the night sky

[Level] : 01
[Next Lvl] : 00%

[Health] : 106/160    [Stamina] : 160/160    [Star Mana] : 440/440

[Constitution] : 13[30]   [Intelligence] :  22[30]  [Wisdom] : 15[30]

[Strength] : 13[30]    [Charisma] : 11[30]   [Dexterity] : 13[30]

[Luck] : 7[10]

...INVENTORY...
[bedroll]
[koffee pot]
[four gallon water pouch]
[light tent]
[Small Magic Dagger]
[Small Bag of Coins]
[Light Rations]

[01 SLOTS LEFT]
[Max Slots: 10]

...EVOLUTION...

[Celestial Human]

...SPELLS...

...UNLOCKED SPELLS...

[Healing Moonlight: lvl 01]

...LOCKED SPELLS...

-Insufficient levels when evolving, spells will be locked until level has risen.

[Celestial Lightning: lvl 01]

[Solar Winds: lvl 01]

[Celestial Body: lvl 01]

[collapse]

 

Brian was reading his menu in awestruck amazement. Looking over at his friends he asked, "Do you guys know what a Celestial Human is?" His three friends shook their heads before Wikkar spoke up. "So what was that, an evolution?"

"Yes, it looks like I wasn't a high enough level so that's why I almost died. Pretty terrifying but it might be worth it considering I have star mana now. Don't ask me what that does though because I have no idea. Also, I have this spell that came with the evolution that I can use, it's call Healing Moonlight" As Brian finished describing some of his changes he started up his new spell. When he turned it on he felt mana rush to his hand and from there it would rise up out of his body to form a small silvery-blue moon the size of a marble. The more mana he fed the thing the larger it got. Eventually, it became about as large as his palm when it started radiating a soothing light. Brian could feel this was a powerful spell because it was draining his mana like crazy plus healing his still damaged body.

All four of them stared in wonder at the pulsing orb. Brian had to stop using it because he would faint from mana exhaustion if he didn't. "I used half my mana on that one spell." He explained to the others.

Gregory told Brian, "Man you are extremely lucky you know that right? I almost wish it was me but then again I don't want to feel my eyes exploding." Brian shivered at the reminder of the not so distant event. 

 

...ANNOUNCEMENT....

...MONSTER TIDE ACTIVATION IN THREE DAYS...

 

At the sudden announcement, the little group fell silent in unease. Nikolai pointed out, "If this is what I think it is then that means a lot of monsters are going to spawn in and really fast. If we want to head back to the city it's still two weeks till we get there. We can push it and maybe get there a few days early but tiring us out is not a good idea right now."

"Honestly after having eyes blown out I really just want to sleep in my own bed right now." Gregory agreed because he needed to go back to make sure his wife and family were going to be ok.

 

 

 

 

 

 

1