Chapter: 2 Goodbye Mother
1.3k 4 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After me, brother Marco and Oceana had breakfast; Oceana went to get all the things ready for our journey; and seeing that I have nothing to do currently as Oceana already warned me not to do any more training today therefore I walked out of the small hut and walked towards the top of the mountain hill around the center of this small island.

This island is not very big; its radius will probably be around 5 km, there are various kinds of animals and strong beasts; that would not hesitate to kill a young boy one such as me; and frankly speaking I don't really have the strength to be able to fight them but none of the beasts on this island has ever tried to kill me, in fact most of them are my friends; people might not believe me but I have a talent to be able to converse with animals; I don't know why do I have this talent but Oceana says that I have inherited this talent from my mother as she was also loved by animals and was able to converse with them.

It's quite strange to be able to have such a talent but this talent also brings me close to my mother, therefore I am quite happy about his talent.

Walking on the path many strange beasts occasionally greeted me and I responded accordingly, after about half an hour of walk I came to the top of the mountain hill.

The view from this hill is very beautiful, there is smooth green grass, and at the edge of the hill there is a stone tablet under the shade of a cherry blossom tree; engraved with a name Louis D. Verriene. This is my mother's grave; my mother Verriene died of an incurable illness and her last wish was to be rest on this small island as this is the vary place where she first met my father.

My father Whitebeard is one of the most famous pirates; therefore he couldn't accompany my mother through her life but mother never hated him for this reason; she knew that my father loved sea and he had a very big family to protect which is why she always supported him.

My father and mother met on this island about 15 years before my birth; at the time because of a sea storm she was washed on the shore of this island after separating from rest of the crew; accurately speaking my mother used to be a princess of an island nation and she wished to explore the world as the throne to the nation didn't belong to her; therefore she set out to be a sea explorer; it's a pity that not long after her journey began most of her crew died and the rest was separated because of a sea storm.

Because my mother is loved by animals and beasts therefore a sea beast brought my mother on this island and it just happened that at the time Edward Newgate was also on this island; and that's how the two of them met; there was a considerable age difference  between mother and father; she was only 20 years old at the time while Edward Newgate was in his thirties but this didn't stop the two of them to fall in love; Edward Newgate was a pirate at the time who was just going to start his own crew because at the time he has just left the Rocks Pirate.

My father didn't want my mother to be a pirate too as it will continuously threaten her life; therefore my mother chose a normal life; she didn't return to her island nation as there she was already considered to have died; and she in particular didn't have any attachment to it; she settled on this very island and later she saved Oceana from some bandits while on one of her solo sea adventure, later Oceana became my mother's disciple and the two of them would often travel around and from time to time return to this island, such adventures continued until she caught a disease that was found to be incurable; Whitebeard also used all of his power to try to find a cure for this disease but there was no solution.

My mother realized that she will die sooner or later therefore she made a wish to my father; that she wants to be a mother before her death and that's how I was born; after my birth; my mother's health deteriorated more but she still smiled so kindly, my father continued to find the cure but all his efforts were of no avail, and finally 2 months ago she died with a peaceful smile. 

My mother's last words to me were: "Zach; this world is both beautiful and cruel; only those who are strong have the chance to be able to appreciate the beauty while the weak only face the cruelty; I hope that in the future you will work hard and become strong; & I hope that in the future you will inherit your father's title of being the strongest man in the world; so that I don't have to be worried about you when I look at you from sky; I know you have always been a precocious child therefore I believe you will not be lost in the lust for power, and no matter the case I will always love you and will be proud of you. I also hope that you will have many girls around you so that I will have many grandchildren hehehe, and lastly remember that I will always stay in your heart."

I really loved my mother; she was a kind woman; in my previous life I didn't have a mother so I was always detached from maternal love; but Verriene loved me so much that my determination at reach the peak of the world has been strengthen. 

....................

After arriving at my mother's grave I sat in front of it; there is a light cool breeze blowing around, sound of chirping of birds can be heard all around; Cherry Blossom leaves are falling from the trees and fling with the wind; overall the atmosphere here is very peaceful, I sat in the shade of a Cherry Blossom tree under which my mother resides; and talked with her about all sorts of things; I told her many things about my previous life; the fact that I am a re-incarnated person; my life experience and many other things.

We talked for a few hours and while in the talk I fell asleep.

In the sleep I had a dream in which I saw my mother and we talked a lot and then I said goodbye to my mother in the dream after which I woke up.

"This dream was quite unusual; it felt very real, well whatever; this just proves that mother will always be with me." Zach

After waking up and not thinking too much I once again said goodbye to my mother and went back to the hut where Oceana and brother Marco were waiting for me.

As Zach walked back and soon disappeared from the line of sight of the Sakura tree; an illusive image of a lady appeared sitting in the shade of the tree; if Zach is here he will realize that with the position this lady is sitting his head would have been resting on her lap if it were a couple of minutes ago. And if Zach sees the lady he will realize that she is his mother, Louis D. Verriene, and she seems to be watching over him with the same kind and peaceful smile that Zach has always seen her with.

"Good luck Zach, live well and make me proud." came a voice from hill top as Zach walked back.

Zach was initially startled by this voice but then a smile appeared on his face; he didn't turn back and kept walking straight but muttered in a very low voice, "I will mother." and continued walking.      

.................

"Where is Zach?" Oceana asked Marco after having packed all the things.

"Oh Zach! he went to the hill top to bid farewell to Lady Verriene, I think he should be coming back anytime; it's been 3 hours since he went." Marco didn't look up but just answered as he was busy reading a book about medicines from Zach's collection.

"Oh, okay than." Oceana knows how important Lady Verriene was to Zach; therefore she didn't ask for more and just sat down and had some casual conversation with Marco.

They talked about various things going on like about the execution of Pirate King Gol D. Roger and how he used his death to begin the the great age of pirates; which led to the current turbulent situation on the sea; there are countless waves; and many new pirates have appeared on the sea; of which Shanks; the captain of the Red Hair Pirates who used to be a rookie trainee on Pirate King's ship has now made a name for himself; there is also Beast Kaido and Charlotte Linlin who have also become quite strong while once they used to be rookies members of the Rocks pirates, Although Whitebeard is the strongest but many other pirates have also started to appear in search for the Pirate King's treasure 'ONE PIECE' there is also news of Revolutionary army started by someone called Dragon who directly oppose the rule of World Government, and Golden Lion Shiki who was imprisoned in Impel Down but managed to escape and is now in hiding.

Overall the situation is really chaotic currently.

While Oceana and Marco talked; Zach finally came back; and there seemed to be a cheerful smile on his face, seeing this smile both of them understood that something good happened with Zach but they didn't ask much.

"Are you ready to go?" Marco asked Zach

"Yes!" Zach

"Very well, than we shall leave this island!" Marco.

"YOOSH!!!"

With this short conversation Everyone now has a tacit understanding; Zach picked up his bag that Oceana prepared and than followed brother Marco out of the wooden house and both Oceana and Zach followed him to the coast. 

28