Chapter 4: first code broken.
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Year 223 Holy light calendar,

War of the Lions,

Southern province, Port batros.

Rodrath walked unsteadily, as he trudged forward with all his might. Not knowing how long he had treked for, finally his destination soon in sight, Port batros.

The largest and most prosperous city in ********* unfolds in its full glory. Hundreds of people trudged into the city gates, as guards dressed impeccably checked them. From the northwest corner of the city, a clear view of large and small ship drifting in and out of the gigantic port, the entire city exude a great vitality.

Instead of heading east and passing through Rowling province to reach the capital, Rodrath believed it is wiser to move South to Port batros, take a ship to balking and finally ride to the capital.

As for why he seemed that is wiser, though the journey is longer, he believed the entire Rowling province to Desa city must be crawling with the rebels and traitors. Should he fall into their hands, then all hope would be lost.

Instead, batros will be save because even though nominally the city is in ********* territory, this trade center has ties with Roland empire, Moreso, it's rumored the castellan of the. City has ties with the imperial family. A giant of the South, the rebels will be finished should they stretch out their arms towards it. Even the kingdom leaves the city to its own devices.

"A lawless place" he spat softly from his lips. Keeping his heads down, Rodrath tried as much as possible to reduce his presence, though he can hardly say it's effective, a man covered in blood will always be conspicuous no matter where he his.

The cries, whistles and calls seems to directly hit his Brain, as even the slightest sound made his head throb in pain.

His hand grabbed a long black robe from the store behind him. Not waiting to confirm if the trader caught sight of him or not, he took to his heel and instantly, the trader shouted loudly like a pig being slaughtered hoping for people to catch the Thief. He was met with mocking laughter and drawn fingers.

Rodrath found a deserted alley, and put on the robe in one swift motion. Looking less conspicuous as before, he walked out and moved towards the port, hoping stow away on a ship bound for Balking.

No sooner had he wore the robe than three crooked men walked up to him.

One of them with shifty eyes walked up to him. While playing with a knife in his hands (the shifty eyes guy) he looked Rodrath up and down, clearly trying to evaluate how much his worth and what they can get from him.

"Good brother over there," after assessing him for some seconds, the shifty eyes fellow finally opened his mouth. "Me amd my brothers haven't had anything to eat for a while, why don't you spare us some change."

An awful odour waft out from the man's mouth as he opened them. Rodrath took a step back as he frowned lightly. "Get lost..... I have nothing to give you."  He walked by the man in haste, his quest is far more important.

Though hoping for it to end with that simple words, clearly the men weren't satisfied. A large man who stood slightly to the left of the smelly mouthed one, grabbed hold of Rodrath shoulder in hopes to stop him.

"Hey, we are not beggars, just give us a bit and we will return it back later" the large man said with a threatening glare.

Rodrath turned to the man and repaid him with a threatening glare of his. If he had a single coin, then he would have given them and send them off, but what kind of person carries coin on them to battle or search for money after a devastating lose and on a quest to prevent further death. Definitely not him.

As this thought went through his mind, the three man slowly encircled him. Mostly in hopes of preventing him from escaping. Rodrath now angered by their insistence, couldn't say for sure he wouldn't go against his oath should they prevent him from going.

“I wouldn't do that if I where you.” Is voice more soft than ever, as anger burst through him. The thought of wasting time here while far more is at stake fan the flames of his anger. Moreso the man, wallowing in guilt due to leading thousands to their death.

Had it been a beast, or a battle hardened man, then their kin sense would have felt the danger and retreated, but unfortunately they were nothing more than petty thieves. Instead of feeling danger, they took the soften tone as a sign of him caving in to them.

The taller one put his hands on Rodrath shoulder again even though it had been shoved away earlier. As soon as his hands touched Rodrath shoulder, he regretted it.

Finally unable to suppress his anger, Rodrath shrugged off the hands once again, but before it fell, he grabbed the hand with his left, twisted it and sent a punch right to large man's elbow. Though weak, in pained and his body losing Kai force, Rodrath is far stronger than anything this men had ever faced.

His punched shattered the bones with a crunch. Not yet satisfied and giving into his blood lust, Rodrath grabbed the man's throat, crushed his wind pipe and slam his head greatly on the wall.

The entire action took just a split second. The two two looked stunned as their friend from being Hale and hearty to a dead man in a single second. Finally when the shock left them, terror rose in both men's heart. For someone to kill so easily, then he (Rodrath) isn't someone they can take on.

The two men made a U turn and took to their heels. A knight doesn't turn his blade to a defeated and fleeing enemy, a prisoner, nor a man who isn't armed. Had he been in his right state of mind, before the betrayal, then Rodrath would have let them go, But as it is, the man forgot his Code of chivalry and took arm against a fleeing and defeated foe.

With two step, he instantly closed the gap between them. His hand grabbed the shifty eyed fellow head from the back and slam it to the wall. The man's head caved in as his skull got crushed, all life left him and he slide lifelessly to the ground.

The last one, knelt and plead hoping for mercy, only an iron boot to his face replied him. Rodrath grabbed the shifty eyed fellow blade and slit the helpless one throat swiftly.

Soon his anger came down and horror at breaking his oath overwhelmed him. Though he tried and justify himself. ‘they are no good men. The whole lot of them’ he reassure himself. But then a dizzy spell came over him and he fell with a thud heavily on the ground unaware to the world around him. 

0