PROLOGUE
29 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the top of a partially destroyed skyscraper, was he standing, wounded and tired, watching the fierce battle that was taking place. Though his wounds were healing by a blue aura, the speed sure was slow.

In his sight, there were huge booms being created by the exchange of punches by the two fighters. One was his teammate and the other was a monster in form of human, 'Razor' who was created with the sole purpose to destroy.

"Ryan, even if we defeat him, we still have to keep in mind that he is a literal human bomb," shouted Charles.

"Don't worry, I have a plan but first let's destroy him. I am done recharging now, so step back a little you angry-face! And call me by my hero name 'Plasma'," said Ryan. Charles flinched at this statement after he dodged some powerful energy projectiles from Razor.

Plasma clenched his fists tightly and a dark blue aura of energy started appearing around his body.  After that, he started levitating and the energy started glowing rapidly, the huge sonic boom was left at his place as he punched through the enemy, leaving Charles amazed.

The punch was able to shock Razor for a few seconds and it was followed by a dark blue beam so fast and powerful that it left an enormous hole on the ground as it struck the villain.

The red haired teen didn't stop there as he quickly dashed with his right hand glowing with translucent dark blue aura around it, and it sent Razor flying through a several metres.

"Hey! From where did you absorb that much energy??" asked Charles.

"He-he! Well, there was a huge electric generator located at the skyscraper, so... But can you take care of him for a while? I am sure he might still be damaged after being hit by those 10+ missiles before."

Charles replied with a smirk. Charles was one of those who Ryan could trust. He was a experienced martial artist with enormous strength making him a deadly foe.

Through his early days of missions, he was also called 'The Wolf' because of his all-round abilities and a do it all-alone personality. But he changed a little in those 2 years after joining the War.

"Plasma to Base, there's 1 happy and 1 sad news, so... which one first," said Ryan through his earset.

"Both of them Ryan, at same time," said Sharet with an uneasy tone. He was the head scientist at the privately owned space organisation by a huge company.

"Good one is, we might be able to defeat 'Razor' in few minutes or so, depends on luck tho! And the bad one is... To get rid of the armed fusion bomb, I need 'Project Rift'." said Ryan in his usual cheeky tone.

"Ryan, are you out of your mind? Even if we do initiate it and somehow it is a success, do you think Razor's body will just walk into a freaking 'Worm Hole' by itself?"replied Sharet.

"Heh, who said he's gonna go there alone?" said Ryan with a smirk.

"Hey! Don't tell me you want to be a sacrificial lamb in all this?"

At the same time, fight between Charles and Razor was creating huge gusts around the almost destroyed city. Charles was able to evade most of his attacks by his reflexes, but one thing he lacked was agility. Razor was highly agile fighter, created only for destruction, after firing some beams, he quickly slashed at Charles in an instant.

As Razor was about to fly towards Charles, a sudden powerful energy strike passed through him, that was none other than Plasma himself cloaked by his thick dark blue aura, the huge strike resulted in a huge explosion. Plasma used this move very few times as he was unable to control his landing after he struck his opponent at a supersonic speed.

* * * *

At the base of space organization, Sharet quickly prepared the preparations needed for 'Rift', only thing he was guilty of doing was to let Ryan sacrifice. Sure the world had suffered enough in these 2 years, but to stabilize it by losing some close ones was never acceptable.

He knew that Ryan would never change his mind once he thought something in a serious state. Ryan was indeed a cheerful guy, the guy you would want to hang out with, but at times when millions of life were in danger, Ryan's thinking process far different than others. Ryan always found an easy 'benefit to all solution', but this situation was far worse than anyone could interpret.

After adopting the name 'Plasma', and becoming a hero for selfless deeds, it was kind of expected for Ryan that this time would surely come when his survival rate becomes a 1%. Still everyone hoped for the survival of this 17 year old hero.

After few moments, all the scientists, showed their thumbs up and Sharet finally entered the passcode, which resulted in the 'Hadron Collider' to operate. Huge energy was flowing through the energy containers to the device and after a minute or so, a powerful energy was directed into the Space.

In space, the three satellites opened their systems and created a force field which was quickly struck by the upcoming hadron collider's beam.

The result of it was a huge distortion of space around the area, finally the 'Worm Hole' was success! Everyone cheered as their long awaited work came to success but Sharet knew the truth.

* * * *

"Sharet to Plasma, you are... free to go," said Sharet with a sadness in his voice. Plasma didn't respond and quickly crushed the earset he was wearing.

"Hey Charles, it's time to finish this," said Plasma.

Plasma quickly held his right arm from his left pointing at a specific direction upwards, a dark blue orb of energy started appearing around his right palm. The magnitude of the energy was seen by how much it was repelling the winds around it.

After his signal Charles appeared behind Razor and kicked him, knocking him in air at the target at which Plasma's going to commence his supposedly final attack.

"Remember, you always cringed at the name of this attack? Well it's the strongest tool in my arsenal, and not naming it would be wrong, isn't it?" said Plasma.

"What are you getting at?"

"Make some new friends, the squadmates aren't as bad as you think..." said Plasma calmly . Before Charles could utter any word, Plasma unleashed his strongest attack yet.

"De-ci-mate!" shouted Ryan with his voice echoing through the whole area of the city. The dark blue beam of charged energy literally created a huge sonic boom after hitting Razor, and left him several metres up in the air.

Charles came to his senses and as soon as he noticed Plasma, he was gone. A blue mass of energy similar to the attack he used few moments before was taking Razor to the space with it at a tremendous pace.

The energy was none other than Plasma cloaked himself in his radiating blue energy, the attack he named as 'Helix Rush'.

Charles became confused but he kind of got the gist of what Plasma's plan was, to Sacrifice himself! Charles could not accept the death of yet another teammate. He started to fly at his maximum speed, but as he knew he couldn't keep up with his speed.

"Listen, I need the A5G7 missile, directed towards wherever they are going," said Charles.

"Listen Charles, you can't do anything about it! Please.." as Sharet was about to complete his line.

"That's my Order!" commanded Charles.

"Fine... sir," said Sharet with a sigh.

As Charles was leaping through the wind for a few moments to reach wherever Ryan was going, he saw the missile directed towards the same goal. It was one of the fastest missiles ready for disposal at the moment in the nearby artillery.

He swiftly grabbed one of its ridges, swift enough not to activate the missile. And latched onto it as he knew, the speed of the missile was the only thing that could compete with Plasma's agility.

* * * *

It took a few moments for Charles to see the visible thermosphere, but he was in the zone of little oxygen. His body was durable enough to maintain the pressure differences but he was worried as it might not be in the case of Plasma.

As soon as he knew that this was the designated location, he quickly left the missile. He knew that he wasn't gonna go back alive, so he took a stance for a kick, and kicked the missile slashing through one point to another and the missile exploded.

Charles's body was durable enough to withstand the explosion as he crossed his arms he took lesser than usual damage. His T-shirt got torn a bit revealing his muscular physique ,but he didn't quite care for that now.

Finally he saw the opening of the Worm Hole, but it was quiet enough, suddenly his expression turned grim as he saw a body floating few hundreds of metres away from the worm hole. It was Ryan, he was in an unconscious state as he used most of his absorbed energy in the fight and the flying till here.

Suddenly, a being tried to attack him from behind and he dodged it while exchanging some fierce blows. It was Razor, he somehow survive Plasma's attack and was now in a half injured state.

"You baited him all this time, didn't you!" grunted Charles. He knew that Razor somehow tricked Ryan till he recovered, and attacked him from back. Charles was determined to end this once and for all. He took a martial arts stance and taunted him.

"You are dead!" said Razor and started laughing like a maniac. The fusion bomb installed inside Razor was activated. It was set as whenever the a.i will determine if Razor has no chance to win, it will activate automatically. Some even predicted that the explosion of the bomb will be able to cover several cities.

Both Charles and Razor started exchanging punches, kicks and fought on an equal term. Charles was a melee fighter and had no way of nullifying ranged attacks, so he just kicked through all those projectiles and continued the battle creating sonic booms all around the thermosphere.

As it became harder to breathe, Charles breathed in a lot of air at once and held it till the end of fight. Now the time before the explosion was just 30 seconds at max, Charles gave it all but was wearing down as lack of oxygen.

When he was in no condition to fight, suddenly Razor was struck by yet another Helix Rush, which indicated that Plasma has joined the fight. But as Plasma tried to take Razor with him through the worm hole, Razor counterattacked by throwing him instead.

As Plasma was worn down because of lack of oxygen and pressure differences, he did as his last resort.

While falling in the worm hole, he formed his stance and directed his last ounce of power in his 'Decimate' and then he was swallowed by the worm hole.

Probably 10 seconds left for the explosion, even if the bomb exploded in outer space it will well effect the nearing Ozone layers which was not good at all. As Razor became unable to regain conscious by the 'Decimate' and in a flash, Charles came and caught Razor by his waist and went into the worm hole in last remaining seconds.

"Let's die together!" cried Charles out loud with his last remaining breath.

The hadron collider back on earth was quickly ordered to shut down, and after 2-3 seconds, a huge sound like never heard before originated from the other side, the worm hole was closing and the explosion generated was reaching to this sides.

It was closed, in time but few small orbs of explosions appeared through the last moments and exploded with power equal to 10 times a grenade. Nobody knew what happened to those two heroes, but their sacrifices made Earth safe for sure!

* * * *

* * * *

"Are you awake Son?" a kind and gentle voice was heard.

She was an old lady wearing clothes closely remembering of those of medieval times. A day ago, when her grandson Dyrac was playing in corn fields, found a massive crater sized hole out of nowhere which resulted in destruction of the several square metres of land.

There was a person in middle of it, unconscious and severely wounded at brink of Death, the boy immediately informed her grandma and she asked for the assistance of the nearby Physician. The physician was a 'beta' level Mage so he was able to heal most of the person's wounds.

Ryan opened his eyes much to his shock that he was still alive, though he wasn't able to feel any energy inside him. His full power 'Decimate' consumed much more than he expected. But right now, he was super confused about what the hell happened.

"Ah can you tell me, where am I?" asked Ryan.

"Mister, you are in our house," the boy quickly replied cheerfully. His grandma knew, that wasn't the answer Ryan hoped for, she said kindly, "You are in Rastar city, son."

"I couldn't get that fully, uhh... which Country am I? Did we... did we win the war? And most importantly, where and how is Charles!?" he delivered a series of questions. The physician, Lastrang replied with series of answer in return.

"1st Well, you are in 'Moonlight Kingdom', 2nd which war are you talking about boy? 3rd Charles what and Charles who?" said Lastrang.

"Uhh, Moonlight?" said Ryan showing a smile to ease the situation.

"Well, enough jokes already boy! Even foreigners from other Empires know about it... How couldn't you?" said Lastrang proudly. When Ryan didn't answer, Lastrang got the hint that the boy seriously didn't know.

"OK ok, letme break it up, Rastar City is the imperial capital of Moonlight Knigdom and supposedly the largest city in whole of the Eastern Empire. And not knowing this could hint that you are probably from a village near Rastar Forest? Am I right!" explained Lastrang proudly.

After hearing all this supposed sh*t, Ryan's eyes literally popped out as he was in thought why these guys were playing a prank on him. But the fight that happened could have led him through the other side of the worm hole, he was in desperate confusion.

Before Ryan could start his next series of meaningful and meaningless questions, Dyrac quickly held his mouth by his hand and in an instant some ice appeared around his mouth preventing him from speaking. Ryan got a literal shock by seeing a 14 year old capable of something like this.

"Mister, sorry for this but you need rest!" said Dyrac childishly. As soon as Dyrac said this, Ryan fainted in an instant with loads of confusion jumbling in his mind.

"What the FU*K!?" were the only words Ryan could utter.

Has Charles also been teleported with him? ;)
  • Yep!! Votes: 2 66.7%
  • I don't think so... Votes: 1 33.3%
Total voters: 3
0