5. The Brothers
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After few weeks the royal entourage returned back to the Kashyapa Clan. The royal entourage was led by a white bearded man in a majestic silver chariot, behind him was a young man dressed in a golden armor and sitting in a golden chariot, gazing forward with a slight smile on his face, looking at his face one could say that he was thinking something. Behind him two people, a man and a young girl were walking on the rocky heated road barefooted. 

The young girl was chained from neck to feet, even her hands were chained to the golden chariot. And standing next to her was a man with red face, he was burning with fury or maybe that was a shame he was feeling, his both hands at first glance were laying still, but on seeing closely you could see that blue veins were trying to popping out from the skin and his hands turned into fists with nails piercing deep into the skin and blood constantly gushing out of it.

The young girl was the princess of Shakya Kingdom and the man was her eldest brother. The princess was lost in thoughts. Maybe she was thinking of the time when she was called in the Royal Court and her father ordered her that she would have to accept the punishment. She knew she was guilty but she still had her pride as one of the most beautiful and elegant princess on the plane, her dignity as a princess of a powerful clan, all of this were telling her, how could she accept that. To her there was no one worthy of her but now she was being punished for beating a person. So what if he's a prince, isn't he blind, isnt he useless, isn't he nothing before her, what he is even worthy of for her being punished. She protested that with all her might but the end result was, she was still forced in chains. On the way back from Shakya Clan to the Kashyapa Clan, the more she had to walk barefoot on the ground, the more the chains bounding her rubbing against her white skin, slicing the layers of her skin, the more determined she was becoming, all the pain, all the humiliation were fortifying her determination. 

The determination that is to destroy the whole of Kashyapa Clan. The determination to remove the name of Kashyapa Clan from the face of mortal plane. At first it looked like a laughable idea or determination of a child, that was simply impossible to achieve even for other ancient clans. Destroying an ancient clan is never heard of and no one has ever even tried for it. It's not like no has dreamed this before but it's like no one has so much strength to do so. Even other ancient clan doesn't dare to destroy the other ancient clans.

But now she was determined for her pride, for her vengeance she will one day bring destruction to this Clan. 

But she was not the only one thinking like that, the man next to her was also having the similar idea. The man who killed his brothers, the clan who dared to enslave his sister, the every step, the every pain now he was getting from walking barefoot, the tearing of his heart when seeing her sister blood coming from her fair skin, all of this is summing up and steeling his determination for destroying this Clan.

Back in the Royal Courtroom when his father agreed on the punishment proposal he was the one most disappointed, he was disappointed in his father, he was disappointed in himself. He knew he and his royal father was powerless against someone like Forefather Devarat, but he had still thought that they would fight to death for protection of their pride. 

'How a powerful clan like theirs could give its treasured princess to anyone as a slave?'

'Sister Saubaleyi is our pride, how could royal father can agree to that?'

'Not avenging my brothers right now is one thing but giving sister as slave.'

The more he was thinking the more humiliation he was suffering, the pride that was crumbling bit by bit, all of this is solidifying his determination.

...…....

Little far from them in the Kashyapa Palace, a young man was standing in his courtyard and gazing towards something, the courtyard look nothing like a royal, there was not even a ounce of royalty in there, at most the courtyard look like just plain and simple, in the whole Palace this was the only courtyard so plain. 

The young man was the second prince of the Kashyapa Clan, looking closely at his eyes, there was no light in it, there was a layer of hazy liquid covering the black ball inside the eyes giving them a slightly grayish color. He was blind since his birth. He and his step brother was taken care by their forefather since the day their mothers left with their father suddenly one day somewhere. Till date no one knew where they went or whether alive or in heaven. The day his elder step brother born, he was destined to be the king in future and so when he turned 15, he was announced crown prince. He never felt despised or jealous with his elder brother, even he was his step brother, he always took care of him. 

But right now, he was feeling somewhat strange inside himself. Few weeks back he was mocked and beaten by a princess of some kingdom and from then he kept hearing people whispering something about him. And few days back, the messenger of Prastha Kingdom came to discuss marriage dates of his step brother. That time he was in the throne room and when he heard that news he felt genuinely happy for his step brother. He had always heard that the princess was only child of the Prastha King and with a beauty that's comparable to the celestial fairies. At first he was excited about it but when ever he thought of the humiliation he had suffered from the Shakya Princess, he started feeling something inside himself.

And now when he was standing alone in his courtyard, he kept sighing. He had realized the feeling he was having when he heard of his step brother's marriage to a princess, it was jealousy and this was burning in his heart right now. 

Sigh...

"Brother, why am I feeling this jealousy towards you?"

"Of all the time why now I'm feeling that you always gets the best?"

"Oh brother, please help me. This jealousy is tearing my reasoning apart."

"But wasn't that princes right? How can a blind person like me capable of anything?"

"She was right about it, what qualities I have to be even comparable to the princes of any other kingdom?"

"When you were born brother, you were blessed with fortune, that very day it was decided that you'll inherit the throne."

"After an year when the Prastha Princess was born, seeing her celestial beauty, forefather proposed your engagement to her."

"I wonder if some princess...…."

"Few years back when you decided that you'll lead the army and go for conquest of nearby hostile kingdoms, even forefather who had refrained himself from actively participating in war, gave his silent permission."

"I wonder if....."

"I am just a blind person, if I wasn't born in a powerful clan, maybe I would have been already dead."

"Maybe it's in my faith to remain dependent on my step brother, remain in his shadow."

He kept murmuring this all to himself.

1