7. The Prince’s Fury
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Prince Vinetra was standing in his simple and serene courtyard when he heard a commotion outside his courtyard. Even if there was always never ending darkness in front of his eyes, his ears were more sensitive than others. Just when he was about to call someone and ask he heard someone opening the gates and then footsteps coming toward him.

"Good news brother, forefather and senior brother has finally returned. I even heard that senior brother had brought something for you. Let's go greet them. I'm sure he would be happy to see you."

He recognize that voice. He was his only friend and the closest person to him after his step brother. He was a son of a nobleman of kingdom. They met each motherland become brothers when they were studying under the royal teacher. But what's most important was his supreme intelligence and wisdom at his young age, both of them are comparable to the existences like forefather and royal teacher who had lived for more than a century.

They were about to leave when a soldier came in the courtyard and said, " Prince, Forefather has summoned you in throne room. Please come."

...….

In the innermost part of the Kashyapa Palace, there was a huge hall. The hall was brightened by hundreds of large polished-metal mirrors fixed on the walls and reflecting the sunlight inside the hall, there was also a huge majestic chandelier hanging in the middle of ceiling surrounded by some less huge chandeliers, illuminating the entire hall. The massive tapestries made from golden silks hanging on the wall while gargoyles and carved images looking down the marble floor gave the hall a living look. 

A magenta carpet runs from the massive hall door dividing the hall in two to the stairs of the platform upon which was an impressive grandiose Golden Throne and two less ornate thrones at the both sides.

Below the platform on both sides of the carpet there were some other golden thrones which compared to the ones on the platform are very less majestic and which were used by the ministers of the kingdom. 

On the grandiose Golden Throne in the middle of the platform sat a white-bearded man and on one side on the other throne sat a young man gazing below at the young girl on the carpet surrounded by some maids now and beside her was a man looking at her with sorrowful eyes. They were Forefather Devarat, Crown Prince Shantanu and Princess Saubaleyi and her elder brother respectively. 

When Prince Vinetra entered into the hall along with his friend, everyone except forefather and crown prince stood up and greeted him. After that when they settled down back, the Crown Prince stood up and rushed to his brother and hugged him gently and said, "Brother, you remember the girl who mocked you that day?"

On hearing his step brother mentioning that event, his excited face turned in a saddened one. He kept trying to forget that day that event, the mocking, the voices of that day but all of these were now glued to his memory like a nightmare like his never ending darkness. He was thinking of that day just before and feeling saddened when the news of his stepbrother return replaced that sadness with excitement and joy but when his stepbrother mentioned that day, he was again falling in the abyss of sadness.

Seeing the sadness on his brother's face he immediately said, "Brother don't worry, I went to the Shakya Kingdom and told that princess about your magnanimous self and everything about you so she felt she wronged you and came with me to apologize to you herself."

Shifting his eyes to the young girl he said, "What are you waiting for?"

Not a single sound came out her mouth instead the lips curved upwards and with a mocking smile on her face she looked at both of the princes seemingly saying 'you can never make me say that.'

Temperature in the hall increased, the princess was showered with murderous gazes. Face of the prince Shantanu reddened, eyes filled with fury and suppressing that fury inside he said slowly, "You're going to say that or not." 

"Hehe, I am never going to say that. I never regretted saying that, he is a blind unworthy of being called a prince, not even worthy of a dust particle in front of my brothers and even less worthy of apologized by me," a mocking laughter along with these words come out from her.

Now burning with fury and shaking with angry he shouted in a low voice, "Either you apologize to my brother or I'll bring my army and make the whole Shakya Clan graveyard of your mistake, starting with this brother of yours."

"Heh.. what an Ancient Clan, nothing more than a bully, a shame. So forefather, this is what the ancient clan are proud of, this is what the great Kashyapa Clan is proud of… 

HeH… if you want to kill me sure, come kill me. If you want to kill my clan then go who's stopping an ancient clan bullying. I don't even care for that clan or that king who for protecting himself throw away his pride."

"Hahaha, fine… fine…" a mad laughter was heard, "bullying is it? Be it. I'll flatten that Clan, make your father regret for having a child like you, I'll kill every single man of that clan and make it's women wash my brother's feet with blood of their husbands and children…hahaha."

Princess Saubaleyi had always heard that the crown prince of the Kashyapa Clan is always righteous and never accept atrocities on anyone. He was idol of worshiping for many princess and prince even in other ancient clans. His prestige in younger generation was just like the prestige of certain someone from Addi Clan in older generation. So she had never expected for Prince Shantanu go crazy and laugh like a madman but after thinking a little she could understand that after all she had also heard that the crown prince doted his brother and she had seen herself that he attacked her clan just for his brother. 

Suddenly a tiny bright light flashed above the princess eyes, she shrieked. 

"SHANTANU STOP," forefather shouted and stood up while the whole hall vibrated furiously.

A bright blinding light flashed before the eyes of Prince Subala and even before he could react and jump backward, that light reached his neck.

1