10. A Sleepless King (1)
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Forefather was unsure what to do, personally he was thinking what the young prince said was the most acceptable course of action but he can not voice out this opinion when the crown prince had already left. He did not want to voice an order that was against the crown prince order. He was the one siting on that majestic golden throne of a king so shouldn't be hesitant on giving orders on what he think.

"Take this young lady to the prison for now and treat her carefully as our guest."

But if he were to order what he think most reasonable, he will create a strange conflicting atmosphere between himself, the eldest member of the clan and Prince Shantanu, who was going to rule the clan in few months. This conflicting atmosphere between the new king and the most revered member of the clan was not good for the clan but most definitely will harm the crown prince reputation and status when he will become a king.

"As for the Shakya Prince, take him to the Guest Palace. He is our guest so treat him like one."

He ordered while thinking about talking to his student and persuading  him for accepting the Prince Vinetra's suggestion. He knew his student since he was born and had looked after him. He knew it would be difficult to persuade him once his student made his mind on something. So he was going to use the young prince's for persuading him.

...

Far from the Kashyapa Clan, a man was resting in his royal chamber. This royal chamber was living up to it's name. It was a huge spacious room,  the white marble walls were filled with fine patterns, all of those patterns are outlined with gold, even the ceiling of the room was filled with some exquisite patterns giving the room a magnificent look. At both sides of the door stood two alive looking white statues of celestial fairies. The statues shows the human limits of their imagination and craftsmanship. The whole room was filled with a sweet fragrance of Gulchadi. 

The very fine brocade decor of gold and silver on a crimson background is complemented by the paintings. In the center of the room was huge chandelier hanging from the ceiling. Just below the chandelier was a small circular pond filled with water. The boundary of the pond was covered by the small earthen lamps. The ponds surface was covered in red and purple flower petals. In the middle of the pond a little big earthen lamp was floating. All of the earthen lamps were filled with some fragmented oil and lightened.  There was almost no light in the room except the lights coming from those earthen lamps.

A little away from that small circular pond there was a platform on which was a large round bed, covered in huge red velvet bedsheet that was almost touching the surface of platform. The absence of light was cause of the  person who was resting with his eyes closed on the bed in the center of the room.

Past few months were rough for him, first he was already worried about the Addi Clan and their Crown Prince's conquest of the small kingdoms and territories around their kingdom. He was told by his intelligence that this crown prince had got some god's favor so was growing stronger and stronger day by day. 

It should not be an alarming situation for him considering the huge distance between their kingdoms but he got a letter few weeks ago from the Great Clan adjacent to the Addi Clan. The Great Clan had told them that they were being pressurized by the crown prince for surrender or coming under his banner.

And few weeks ago he got a huge shocking news, the news was of Crown Prince of Kashyapa Clan. According to the news, even their crown prince had started a conquest of small kingdoms and territories around it's clan. He became anxious and worried when he heard that the two ancient clan's crown prince had started conquest almost at the same time. 

But the news he heard a week ago almost terrified him, the news was of Crown Prince of Kashyapa Clan taking his army towards Shakya Clan. He and Shakya Clan was not friends but not enemies too, under normal circumstances they would not even talk to each other. But after hearing that news he felt some kind of brotherhood for the Shakya Clan. Maybe this was cause, both of them are Great Clan or maybe cause of some other reason like fear of an ancient clan attacking his kingdom next. 

So these days he was not having some good rest, he always tries to rest or sleep but even a slightest sound made him wide awake. This room that was used to be filled with beauty's previously and the bed filled with beauty's draped in thin clothes  previously was empty. 

He was trying his best to get some sleep when he heard some footsteps coming towards him.

1