A small pawn makes a big move 1
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Smiling calmly, Julian once again set about studying the company that was giving his mother problems. Once he found their weak point he would completely crush them.

 'She didn't say how to deal with it,' thought Julian. 'That probably means that I  can do whatever I want, but if I don't deal with it correctly it will be considered a failure. Even if she doesn't say anything it will probably affect my future plans if I don't take care of this properly.'

'How should I destroy their company without harming our own?' Thought Julian as he stared at the information. 

There were several solutions that he thought up, but they could also be used by their rivals to hit the companies owned by Julian's mother which wouldn't accomplish his goals. As he was going over the information he found something that was especially interesting and smiled like a little devil as he thought of something that he did in the past.

He hadn't finished puberty yet and so his face still had a lot of childish features that came out when he smiled. The secretary was in awe as he wondered how this was still the same kid that stayed up all last night looking at documents that even adults would find confusing. 

'Even though he is a splitting image of his mother, he seems more human. It would really be a shame if such a cute kid turned out like her,' thought the secretary. 

Of course, he would never say it aloud as he still valued his head. 

During the remainder of the ride, Julian was tapping away at his computer at an incredibly fast pace. At some point, he had put on a pair of headphones and started listening to Beethoven's ninth symphony. The music played like a majestic avalanche in his ears as he focused on completing his research before the meeting started. 

When they arrived at the front of a grand looking office building in downtown Vancouver Julian was just finishing his research. Shutting his computer he got out of the car and walked up the steps into the building. 

There was no one standing guard outside the building as this was Canada but Julian knew that as soon as anyone tried to do anything in front of the building they would be swiftly removed by the security that was staying in the monitoring room.

As soon as he entered the building he was greeted by a beautiful young woman wearing a checkered white and black shirt and a black dress. 

"Hello Mr. Reeves, would you like to follow me to the meeting room?" She asked while cutely tilting her head.

Nodding slightly he followed her towards the elevator. When Julian and his secretary stepped inside the woman pressed the button for the fifteenth floor. 

"Do you need anything to drink before the meeting Mr. Reeves?" asked the woman when the door opened. 

Outside the now opened elevator doors was a large office space split into several areas. 

There were several research rooms with paper spread all over the desks, along with computers and the file holders they seemed quite messy. 

Down the end of the hall, there is a large private office that has large windows facing the beach. Not much was in the office though, only a desk and some expensive looking furniture. 

In the last space on the right, there was a room with a long table and chairs on each side. The first two rooms were empty but the later had five men and three women occupying one side of the table.

"No, I am fine, just send in some coffee and tea in thirty minutes." 

Looking faintly at the woman that had been staring at him with her big blue eyes sense they had met he slightly furrowed his brow, did he have something on his face? Deciding to ignore her he walked straight into the meeting he greeted his guests. Once he had finished with the pleasantries he sat down and begun the meeting. 

It was mostly straightforward, they just had to confirm dates and prices that they had already worked out. The company didn't want to offend his mother and Julian wouldn't slap someone with a smiling face so the meeting progressed as planned. Although it was simple, brainless work, there was still a lot of it and so it was already four A.M by the time that they were finishing up. 

Signing the papers, Julian leaned back and rubbed his eyes yawning. "Okay, I will call you when my sides payments get finalized. I hope that the quality of the work that you produce is that same as the samples as you gave me. If they are not you probably know what would happen." 

Finishing with that slight threat he blinked his eyes cutely and smiled but to the people opposite him it was like the smile of the devil.

0