Chapter 1 – Vocation
156 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In some universe where the mana roams where it wants, in some planet with life in it, in some peninsular country of the north, in a school like many, a teacher is explaining to her little students of age around 8 the principles of Magic.

"I imagine you already know what magic is, don't you kids?" The teacher gently asked her students.

"Yes, yes" replied many.

"Well, this will be faster, explain it, magic is the actions performed with mana, from moving an object, to healing the wounded, magic has infinite possibilities, but, what is mana?" the teacher began to explain

"The mana according to scientists and magicians, is the primordial and intangible matter from which the soul is formed and is also around us without us noticing".

"And, why I'm telling you this in the language class, you might wonder, well, it turns out that today at school several magicians from the Royal Ministry of Magic are here to hold a small fair, to teach magic to good children like you, and shortly, the coordinator will call us by loud voice to go out to see the fair, which seems to them children want to go" finish saying the teacher.

"Yes, yes, I want to see."

"Wow magic."

Several inpatients and happy children's voices echoed in class.

"Well, then, when they call us, we will go, but in the meantime why we did not review yesterday's homework."

"No!."

And just as the teacher said, a short time after correcting the last child, from the magic speaker in the classroom, an authoritative but kind voice was heard.

"Attention, primary school teachers from first to sixth grade, can now guide their students through the fair, and both are reminded to maintain respect towards the fair staff."

"Well children, you have heard the coordinator, now with a lot of order you can go out, and remember not to disturb the fair staff, " the teacher said.

With that said, the children left the room with their teacher and then spread out throughout the schoolyard where the fair was taking place.

Throughout the length and breadth of the school's courtyards and courts, there were several stalls of which could be classified as food stalls, amusement stands, and exhibition stands.

And walking through these stalls was a beastly little girl from the reindeer tribe whose antlers have not yet appeared, skin like wheat, chestnut fur reaching orange and brown eyes, and with a curious countenance.

This girl from the moment that she entered the fair, she was picking up stand by stand, regardless of her classification, but what she visited the most were the ones that had to do with magic, until she came to a large row of stalls, where she asked a girl from the front who coincidentally was known to him.

"Excuse me, Saya, this, what is the queue for, what does this stand have?"

"Eh?, oh Riana, it's you, look, listen, in this stand, they are testing one's magic talent and if you have talent, maybe they will give you a scholarship for the best magic school in the state."

"Really?" Said the reindeer girl with bright eyes.

"Yes seriously, but don't get excited, nobody has given a favorable result, but it's still fun to know."

"It doesn't matter, I'll wait!"

"You do like magic, no?"

"Of course, I don't understand how you don't like it, it's so fantastic."

"Yes, yes, I admit that it is interesting to do magic, but I think that I do not get that far, oh look, the queue is moving, see if they do not strain."

And with that said, the girls moved forward to advance in the queue, and while they waited they continued talking until it was Riana's turn.

The stall was simple, it was a safe distance from the queue, it had a soundproof magic barrier, it consisted of a table, a ceiling, a large sphere in the middle of the month, and two chairs one for the kind old man who was attending and another for the visitors and it is in this chair that Riana sat excitedly.

"Jo jooo, it seems that we have an animated girl, I'm Eugenio Bermilion a magician like many, and you miss?."

"Wow a magician! It's the first time that I see one, ah yes, I'm Riana SoftWind, I want to measure my magical talent, please, please."

"jo ho, calm down Miss Riana, see, this is simple, put your hands on this enchanted crystal sphere, and try to flow as much mana as possible into it."

The magician did not have to say it twice when Riana already had her hands on the sphere, then with what she knew she began to transmit her mana to the sphere, which as a reaction, began to give off a small pale yellow glow inside, to stop after a few seconds, it was then that she thought it was over and looked at the expectant magician and said.

"That's it?"

"Yes, Miss Riana, that's all."

"So then, how did I get out? Do I have talent?

"According to this, your magical capacity is equal to your soul and your control is very limited, like many other healthy people."

"Ohh, how bad, think that I won't be able to go to the magicians' school," said Riana getting sad, then ask for hope" But tell me, do I have the potential to be a magician?."

"Umm, it seems that you are a mature lady, sadly, having a magical affinity is very rare and without this, trying to walk this path is bitter and often fruitless, but don't be sad, there are many doors in your future related to magic, you just have to study hard and be good."

"Okay ... well, thanks" finish saying the girl a little sad and disappointed, then stop, say goodbye to the magician, and then leave the post.

This sadness, this disappointment, had to be carried with her until her father took her home and once she found her mother, she ran to her and started crying.

"My girl, my little girl what happened?" said the mother rubbing her head.

"Hey darling what happened to you, tell me if you were bothered to go teach them a lesson, "said her father going further back.

"It's that ..., it's that ..., there was a magic fair, and, and I went to see my talent ..., but, but ..., I have no talent Ahhh" Riana ends up crying again.

"There is my love, of course, if you have talent, I always see you practicing," said the mother.

"You have to see this school, in allowing some guys to ruin the sleep of some children, tomorrow I'm going to complain, maybe there are other parents just like me," the father said

"I don't have ..., I don't have ..., it was a real magician who measured ..., he wouldn't lie ahhh" she kept crying.

After hearing that, her mother, not knowing how to comfort her, decided to just give her more words of support, but her father, seeing his daughter like that, sighed, and then took her by the shoulders and looked into her eyes while saying strongly.

"Sweetie listen."

"Honey, what are you doing," said his wife.

"Calm down, even if it is hard, this is for your own good, then I'll take it out on the school "the father controlled to then continue with his daughter " Well, Sweetie listen, that guy is very likely, to tell the truth."

"Dad ..." the girl's eyes narrowed more.

"And this is not all, your case is probably worse, our family does not have any known magical lineage, a little more and we would be null in magic, but listen, and that!"

"Huh?."

"Yes, and that matters, you make yourself your talent, you just have to turn the situation around and that is only achieved with studies and efforts, listen, I am a programmer and I tell you that when I encounter a problem If I can't solve it one way, I look for another and else, I keep looking, even if they are crazy ways, but I keep looking until I can solve it, you understand?"

"yes ... but ..."

"But that? Look, do you like magic?"

"Yes..."

"Well, study it, practice it, enjoy it and that's all, why hesitate, now tell me what you are going to do."

"I .. will continue to do magic ..."

"Well excellent if I like it, but it will be after eating, that it is time for lunch."

"uju ..., thanks daddy" ended saying the now consoled girl, who her smile appeared again.

So it was then, that the family after having a little crisis, returned to their normal routine, but several hours later, around 9 p.m., Riana now lying on her bed, looked at the ceiling with fierce eyes and decided before sleep

"I will be a magician, no, you will see ... what was his name, ah Eugenio, you will see Eugenio I will not only be a magician, I will be the best magician, a very famous great magician who will go down in history."

Who could predict that with these words lodged in her mind, she would begin the construction of a long and thorny road, the end of which is nowhere in sight.

 

1