Chapter 19 – Tournaments begin
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Weeks have passed since the magic tower incident, and now the voices of enthusiasm were heard around the high school combat arena.

And this is why both, individual and team magic tournaments have started. And today was the first battle of Riana's team, which was in the locker room, preparing to leave when they will be called.

"Well, the promised time has come, I hope the only victory from you, don't waste the training that cost me so much to do" Sylvia began to give a final speech to her team.

"Now let's review our positions."

"Arthur, you will be the vanguard next to me, you will be our spearhead as we had said."

"Yes, I understand," Arthur replied.

"Maria you and your spirits will be shooting and supporting us from behind"

"I'll do my best," Maria answered.

"Estrea you will be next to Maria supporting us with attack power," Sylvia indicated to the fifth and final member of the team, who joined last week, who can be identified as a brown-haired dwarf with a taciturn personality.

"Uhu," Estrea agreed.

"And finally, your Riana, remember, after finishing your reinforcement arrangements, you will go on to support both the back and the front, as you see fit."

"Yes."

And so, shortly after finishing her speech, a professor came looking for them to begin the match, leading the team down the hall that overlooks the arena.

"Are you nervous Riana?" Arthur asked Riana.

"Eh, me.., no, I'm not like you think... Well yes, does it show?" Riana answered quickly.

"A little, but don't worry, you'll do fine, you've trained a lot for this."

"Thank you..."

"You're welcome, that's what friends are for."

"Friends ..." Riana thought with melancholy upon hearing that word.

But keeping her thoughts from running any further, a loud voice announced her departure.

"And on this side, is the team you were waiting for, the leaf team."

And just as they were announced, the team came out through large doors, leaving behind several thoughts, including Riana's.

"Leading the team we have the aforementioned Sylvia, a famous magician since elementary school for her participation in various tournaments, skilled in close and long combat."

A student who was acting as a commentator began enthusiastically presenting

"Then we have Maria Greenleaf, one of our 5 spiritualists from our institute, what kind of wonder we will have of her."

"Next we have Estreas, she may seem adorable, but I don't know kidding, she is known to be a skilled artillery mage, and I confirm, her magic bullets still hurt me."

"Nowhere we have, a new rising star, hardly anyone knows her, (including me ...), The little that is known is that she is very skilled with arrangements, she is Riana."

"And lastly, the enemy of all of us men, the only man on this team, one of the tops of the magic combat class, the magic swordsman Arthur."

"And now that without further ado I will leave you with Professor Eternalfire."

The young student finished speaking, giving way to the opening words of the teacher.

But ignoring these words, Riana finished preparing her mind.

[Well, it's time, I have to do well, this is another summit test to be the best.]

And just as if the moment expected to finish her preparation, the professor began the battle.

As they had planned, Sylvia and Arthur went straight to the enemy team, while taking cover from enemy fire.

On the other hand, the opposing team consisted of 3 ranged magicians and two support magicians, a formation not so unusual, considering that this is an institute based on magic, not close combat.

This team took a defensive strategy, putting the 2 supporters securing a field to protect the other 3, who at the beginning of the game began to shoot, spheres of manas at Riana's team.

Returning to the other team, while Arthur and Sylvia went towards them, Maria who, from moments before the start of the duel, had started whispering to the spirits, had already finished, resulting in sending these spirits to the front to protect with bursts of wind to the couple in front.

Beside him was the little Estreas who, without wasting time, began to fire several projectiles of hardened earth from the ground, sending them to the opposing team in the form of a parable.

And finally, a little behind Maria and Estrea was Riana, who for the non-gifted eyes, was standing without doing anything, but in reality, she is printing on herself, a complicated magic arrangement, which could finish after 20 seconds.

"I'm ready, now how things are," Riana said full of vigor and then made a show around her, noticing that the highest concentration of attacks is in the enemy zone.

"Maria, Estreas, Will you be fine alone?

"Yes, you don't worry my friends, can cover for us in an emergency," Maria said as she stopped muttering to her friends for a while.

"Uju," the dwarf agreed, continuing with her thing.

"Good, then take care," Riana said goodbye to them, and then headed towards her other 2 companions at a masterful speed reaching them, in a matter of nothing.

And shortly before arriving, she noticed with more attention the situation that was developing, which could be considered encouraging, since 2 of the rival team were out, one of whom was one of the supporters, and the rest were being repressed without mercy for Sylvia's mid-range attacks, which kept them at bay and on the defensive, while Arthur was furiously targeting one, and this added to the difficulty of having to worry about Estrea's projectiles.

But even if they went well, some things could be missed, such as a certain rival magician, who, taking advantage of an opening, was aiming and charging a magic projectile at Arthur, but to his misfortune, Riana could notice it, and, with precision and determination, to his trot a few seconds, to shoot a bolt of mana at him, throwing him backward, fracturing his shield on impact.

"I'm sorry I'm late," Riana said confidently when she arrived after attacking the wizard, but in her mind, she was euphoric for having done a good job with the mage.

"About time," Sylvia said.

"What a joy you came," Arthur was glad.

"Uju, now, it's time for action." Riana was excited, to focus her gaze on the two free magicians, and choosing the one already wounded by her, she went towards him, blocking his few attacks with her imposing magic barrier coming from the arrangement, as well as accumulating mana in his arm.

And so to get to where he was, he gave him a good blow towards him, but it was blocked by his barrier, but nevertheless, this blow did not dig here, else, that right after hitting, she released the energy of his arm in the form of lightning, starting at once his barrier and colliding with the protection of the uniform, sending him flying 1 meter away, falling in pain on the floor.

But it happened that Riana, before going towards her, to finish her off, one of the magicians, knelt down and screamed.

"We give up."

Leaving the opposing team shocked, for a moment and causing the rest of her team to follow her example, giving way to the teacher's words.

"Team Wild Mana, has surrendered, Team Leaf wins this match."

Words which brought much happiness to Riana's team and jubilation from the public, but not everyone fully enjoyed this joy, if not in addition to the sadness of the rival team, Riana thought bitterly.

[I hardly did anything ...]

 

0