Chapter 21 – Dungeon
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dungeons or labyrinths are areas of high mana accumulation and over the years, the adventurers' guild has divided them into 2 types, natural and fantasy or artificial, the first being only a location with a lot of mana, while the other has with the curious fact that monsters regenerate as well as having special rooms, where there would be a kind of boss as if it were a game.

This second type, as of today, the guild has not been able to explain its operation, or why they exist, but at least they have been able to control them by forming a source of income for materials, and the only reason why they have given freedom to the monsters within this, it would be to have them as training, for a possible calamity.

And now, a day after Riana's group were able to register as adventurers, they, as they had agreed, met again to face an E-rank controlled dungeon.

"Well, we are here, so it's time to practice, but be careful, here you may only find goblins and there are cameras at every corner, but you never know, so be careful."

Sylvia explained to her team being already inside the dungeon, more specifically, at a safe distance from the entrance.

"Well, let's start, Riana, unlike the tournament here there are no rules that limit you, so prepare well" Sylvia ordered Riana as the first instruction of the day which Riana complied with satisfaction by imbuing her with her body arrangement.

After finishing her work, Sylvia commented.

"If we were adventurers by profession, the most effective thing would be for Riana to put that arrangement of hers on all of us, which we already know is very effective, but since we are here to train for the tournament, this would be counterproductive, now let's go, Arthur Riana, you in front, I will watch your back."

And with that said, with Arthur and Riana in the front, Maria and Estreas in the middle, and Sylvia in the back, the group as well as other novice adventurers, delved deep into this cave called a dungeon.

"Hey Riana now that we are, how did your parents let you come?" Arthur asked Riana sincerely.

"Well, it was difficult, but in the end my brother helped me convince them, hehe, how lucky that my parents are very light with me, and how did you do?"

"Me? Well ... my tutor isn't someone who cares about these things."

"Tutor? and your parents ?."

"This ..., there are no parents ..." Arthur said awkwardly, which Riana could catch and apologize immediately saying.

"Oh, I'm sorry... I didn't know."

"No, don't worry, don't give yourself a bad idea, I'm an orphan by birth, and my guardian is like my father, only he's not very, as they say, brotherly, but he's a good person and has taken care of me until today."

"Well, if you say so..., and your Maria, how did they let you come?" Riana asked to try to change the uncomfortable environment.

"Uh, well, me, my parents didn't say much, just to take care of me."

"Well ... and you Estreas?"

"My mother is adventurous, it was easy."

"Oh really, did he give you any advice before he came?"

"Always alert."

"Hehe, very good, and your Sylvia?"

"As long as it provides me strength, my parents agree, now enough talking, that soon we could find some monsters" Sylvia finished the survey, and as if her words touched the future, several meters before reaching the end of the corridor and the corner of a cross, Riana stopped them by raising her hand, as they had argued while walking and said in a whisper.

"I hear several steps when crossing and also," she said and then sniffed the environment and said, "I feel a slight bad smell coming from ahead."

"Well, how lucky we have a beast, I also heard something but I wasn't sure, what about you?" Sylvia asked but no one was sure, not even Maria who was a half-elf, who shielded saying that her ears, it was almost equal to a human's in quality.

"Well, now this is what we'll do, first, Arthur, go find out what's up ahead without getting caught, then come back and tell us," Sylvia ordered.

Then Arthur, following the instructions, making almost no noise towards the source of the noises, disappearing from everyone's sight when crossing the corner.

Then after a while, in which the rest of the team did not relax, if not at Estreas's suggestion, they all prepared for the worst, with her, Sylvia, and Riana in the front accumulating mana, while Maria whispered to the spirits.

And that good, that they prepared a voice of urgency, came out of the crossing screaming.

"Help they discovered me and they are a lot, I'm going to you!"

It was Arthur's voice, who appeared after a while being chased by around 10 goblins.

"This useless ... he only serves to fight ..." Sylvia sighed and then yelled, "Run useless, we cover you."

It was thus, that their continence plan began to shine, on the part of Maria she only had to give a little of her mana, so that the spirits would support him by giving a gale, which decreased the speed of the goblins but avoiding hitting to Arthur.

On Estreas's side, she began firing several magic bullets, keeping Arthur's goblins in line.

Later, when Arthur walked past the girls, Sylvia yelled, "Riana, now!" Causing Riana, who was accumulating mana in her two arms, to shoot a powerful beam of mana through it, covering the middle of the corridor, and killing the goblins ahead.

Meanwhile, at the same time, Sylvia conjured a powerful ball of mana, which shot towards the goblins that occupied the other half of the corridor, killing them as they passed.

Once the effect of both the lightning and the sphere was over, the team realized that they had killed all the goblins, leaving only the remains of their corpses.

"Yes, they did, thank you, girls, you saved me, you're the best," Arthur thanked but soon realized something.

"Umm Riana, you feel bad, are you okay?" Arthur worried about Riana who was semi crouched, resting her hands on her knees, something unusual for her, Arthur thought, since the cannon is something almost automatic and should not affect your mind.

But in response to this, Riana fell even more as she vomited without prejudice all over the floor and at this Arthur ran to her urgently.

"Riana, tell me what's wrong?" Said Arthur urgently.

"I ..., I don't know ... but ..., seeing this, I don't know ..... buahhh" Riana vomited again, leaving Arthur worried, but this lament was answered by Sylvia.

"Arthur, let her be, it must be the first time she kills, jum, how delicate, for my part, it's also my first time, and, and ... buahhh" She ended up vomiting the arrogant Sylvia as well.

And so since the two was in that state, and the others, although not so recorded but somewhat affected,they was decided that it was all for today, ending their first experience in a dungeon, which as a separate note, the team did not collect anything from the corpses.

 

0