Chapter 3: Monstrous Talents
704 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

--

 

Soul Reapers, or Shinigami, are the spiritual guardians of the Human World. They are the balancers who watch over the souls of this world. The Soul Society can be roughly divided into Seireitei and the Rukon District. Seireitei lies in the center of Soul Society, and it is home to the realm's nobles and Shinigami. The Rukon District lies on the outskirts of Seireitei. It is the poorest area of Soul Society. It is the home to most of the realm's souls. Now the South Rukongai is under attack by hollows as three Shinigami rush towards the source of the fight.

 

Leading the group is a man with long red hair reaching down to his neck covering his captain's cloak above his black attire. Behind him is a blond man with long hair flowing down towards his back as well. The lieutenant badge hung on the shoulder of his Shinigami cloak.

 

Bringing up the rear is a tall man with light skin and gray eyes. His hair, light blond looking like a mop his head. Wearing a black Shinigami outfit as he follows behind.

 

"we're nearing the patrol that put out the call for help, Captain Suzunami." The blond man calls out to the red-haired man.

 

"You heard him, Urahara. We'd better hurry!" The red-haired man, Suzunami, says as he starts to pick up speed.

 

"Sure, but why am I being dragged along on a squad 5 rescue mission?" Urahara replies as they all start to pick up speed.

 

"You're the only one available that could keep up with Shinji and me."

 

Urahara nods his head and speeds up as they reach a hollow lifting up from the rubble, he caused by crashing into it.

 

"The hell are they feeding the kids here? Brat knocked me all the way over her-" Before he can continue complaining Suzunami approaches and slashes towards the hollow's mask. Cutting it in half and killing the hollow while it was distracted.

 

"That hollow was talking about a kid that punched him this way?" Shinji says looking towards the destroyed wall of the building.

 

"He certainly packs a punch if he can cause that large thing to go flying and cause this damage." Urahara says with a glint in his eyes.

 

"Hurry towards the remaining hollows! They're about to attack two souls!" Suzunami shouts to them and dashes off with them chasing after him.

 

--

 

(Takashi's POV)

 

A quick left jab to the closest hollow breaks its mask instantly. A right hook into the one approaching me finishes it off. Taking a chance to back up and take a breath to look at the hollows remaining.

 

"Just low tier garbage…Only three le-…" A jolt goes through me as I feel the large hollow off in the distance die and three more Shinigami signatures appear.

 

The hollows across from me dash forward to attack me. I kick off the ground and meet them halfway. A kick to the first hollow's mask breaks it and sends its remains flying towards another. The remaining one close to me slashes its claw at me, sidestepping it and grabbing a hold of its arm I throw it after the two outside.

 

Dashing after the two remaining hollows I break one of their masks as the last stands up and starts to run away. Before it can get too far, I follow it and get both my hands on its mask and rip it off.

 

"Jeez, what a kid…" a mop-haired man says from the rooftop watching over me with a glint in his eyes.

 

I ignore him walking back towards my house.

 

Matsuri rushes out of the house and runs toward me with tears in her eyes.

 

She pulls me into a hug and starts to squeeze. "Don't do it again... Please..." Tears falling from her eyes.

 

I look up to the three figures as Matsuri stops crying.

 

"Are you two uninjured?" Suzunami says looking over the kids. 'So, this is the kid that knocked that hollow all the way towards us…'

 

"We are fine Captain." I say recognizing the cloak, but not this specific captain. The other two I recognize as Urahara the exile from Soul Society and Shinji the Visored leader.

 

'So, the timeline is before Shinji and Urahara become captains… At least it puts me before the Hollowfication incident… The problem is that I can't remember who caused and led these damn eve-' Feeling a pinch on my side I turn back towards the group giving me a strange look.

 

'What a monstrous kid…' Shinji thinks as he watches the kid ignore the presence of three captain level Shinigami.

 

'He'd be a strong Shinigami…' Urahara watching the kid with interest.

 

'He put himself in front of his sister to protect her and fought off hollows with just his fists…' Suzunami checking the boy for any nervousness. Not noticing any he nods.

 

"Do you two live in that building over there?" Suzunami looks towards the damaged building.

 

I nod at his question.

 

"That's not a place you can live in anymore..." His eyes looking at the wall.

 

"How about you two come back to Seireitei and become Shinigami?" Urahara says speaking up.

 

I look over to the group and then back to Matsuri.

 

Instantly my instincts flair up as I sense a danger approaching Matsuri. I dash towards her and cover her before she can get hurt. A searing hot pain erupts from my back as well as a stinging sensation from my neck. Turning my head to Matsuri I see her eyes tearing up again.

 

I let out with a cough as my vision goes to black.

 

--

 

(??? POV)

 

"Oh, that kid will be interesting..." The man thinks as he pushes he puts away the strange weapon in his hands. He pushes his glasses back up. Seeing the captains looking for the source of the attack. The man waves a hand and shows them the image of a frog head hollow.

 

--

11