Chapter 5: Fighting a Hollow
648 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Six Months in the Academy)

 

I grab ahold of the asauchi assigned to me by the academy and place it on my lap.

 

I begin to concentrate on my blade. Entering my inner world, I look around. A massive throne room enters my vision. The first thing I see is an open cocoon and a throne room with a woman sitting on it surrounded by a tiger and a lion.

 

"Well shit. That cocoon can't be a good thing." Walking towards it to investigate it.

 

"Ah… The Emperor has finally decided to pay this one a visit." A soft-spoken sultry voice enters my ears from behind me. Turning around I see a blond woman with her hair reaching down her back; covering parts of her western armor. A laurel crown covering her head with a sheathed two-handed nodachi. At her sides are the two cat animals approaching and beginning to circle me before the tiger stops at my feet and lays down.

 

The blonde's hand approaching my face as it caresses it. "Why did it take you so long to visit us? Are we not worthy to enter your sight anymore?" Her voice taking a pained tone with a frown on her face.

 

"Before continuing this line of thought. What is with the cocoon and who are you three?" I say looking towards them.

 

The woman doesn't remove her hand from my face as she pouts.

 

"How could my emperor forget his empress…" Her face leaning closer, but I put my hand out to block her.

 

"Okay let's start like I have no clue as to what's happening," I reply with a frown to her. 'Hopefully, she isn't going to keep this up.'

 

I feel both of my legs being touched as I look down at both the lion and the tiger are snuggling closer.

 

"Hmph." She lets out a sound at my sentence.

 

She takes a step back as she begins to introduce herself.

 

"I believe I would be your Zanpakuto spirit. My name is Athena, your rightful empress." She replies with a bow.

 

"You're going to give me your name this fast?" I look at her in surprise. Her face turns a bit red as she looks at me.

 

"What would I be if I can't give my all to you?"

 

"…."

 

"…."

 

"…."

 

"What?"

 

She continues to stare at me.

 

"Okay… so, uh, who are these two then?" I look down to the two big cats that come up to my shoulders.

 

"The tiger is White, and the lion is Black." She replies as she approaches me. "They would also be considered your Zanpakuto spirits."

 

I nod at her and look back to the cocoon.

 

"And what is this about?"

 

"That would be a cocoon, my dear." She replies as she grabs ahold of my arm pulling it into a hug.

 

I look towards her smug smile and sigh.

 

"What was inside the cocoon?" Trying to clarify my question.

 

"That would be me." I hear a voice like my own answer from the opposite side of the throne room.

 

Looking over I see myself, well not the me right now, but rather my former appearance from the last world.

 

A crown on his head covering black hair. His eyes sky blue with the black Shinigami cloak on.

 

"Tsk. This annoying bug is back." Athena says with a hint of anger in her voice. "How dare he try to act like my dear…" Feeling her killing intent soar I turn back to the strange me.

 

A sword appearing in his hand as he dashes towards me. Instinctively I dash forward to react block his sword with my hand. "Hoh… This is going to be fun…" The imposter says. His eyes have yellow irises and the rest black.

 

I send a fist towards his face as he steps back to create space between us. I pull out my katana and get ready for the fight.

 

He charges forward again anger clear in his eyes. Taking advantage of his rage-filled strikes, I parry them and slash out towards his arm. He pulls it back in time to avoid it but leaves himself open to a right hook into his side launching him into a pillar.

 

Flying after him, I block a strike and unleash a barrage of slashes at him. He only manages to block a few before receiving more cuts along his body.

 

"You! Bastard!" His reiatsu flares up as he dashes forward trying to slash me across the chest. Ducking under the attack I send a kick towards his stomach, then using my other leg to hook his, dropping him to the ground. He reacts quickly with his own kick towards me, which is met with a sword through it.

 

"Ah!" I pull the sword out of his foot. He jumps up from his prone position and launches his own barrage of sword slashes. His slashes slowing due to the pain he's feeling. I block the and on the last strike, I parry and knock the sword out of his hand. Instead of retreating to pick up the weapon, he punches forward. I dodge the straight, the right hook and with the third strike, I pierce his arm with my sword. I pull the sword out of his arm as he screams. I bring it down on the arm cutting it off.

 

"What's the point of taking that form if you can't even fight at that level? Did you think you could do some sort of psychological warfare? That doesn't work. Especially with that face." I say frowning at him.

 

"Fuck you!" The imposter says as he grabs his sword and dashes towards me. Sidestepping the slash, I react with a pierce through his heart. He drops the weapon as he leans on me, using me as support.

 

"Hahahahahaha!" The imposter laughs loudly in my ear. "You are worthy to be considered the master! Hahahahaha!"

 

"So loud…" Athena complains from her throne. "We told you that you wouldn't stand a chance against him. Even if you used his old appearance…"

 

"Haha! That was great! Let's go again!" The imposter changes his form back to a pale white version of the current me. His excitement expressed clearly on his face.

 

"What are you?" Looking towards the changed appearance.

 

"Dear he is another part of you that you recently received. An inner hollow." She responds looking amused at the hollow.

 

"…Right… So, I have a hollow in me now…" Looking towards the hollow me jumping around the room in excitement. I say slowly looking at all the strange things happening around me.

 

"He doesn't seem very hollow-like?"

 

"That would be your soul's influence on him. You had already accepted all parts of yourself in your previous world, so he won't cause any trouble for you. He considers himself a part of you." She goes on to explain.

 

"So, I'm a hollow-Shinigami hybrid?"

 

"That would be correct, dear."

 

"That's right boss!" The hollow me replies.

 

"So, what does my hollow mask look like?" I look towards him expectantly.

 

He scratches the back of his head as he looks at the ground. "It isn-"

 

"How about we leave that for a surprise…" Athena says with a mischievous look on her face.

 

I nod and look towards Athena. "Do I have access to my Shikai now?"

 

"Of course." She replies with a smile.

 

"Well then, thank you. I'll visit often." I say with a smile as I leave.

 

'I definitely won't go back unless I have to. I can't deal with those two.'

 

--

 

""So cool."" Athena and the Hollow Takashi say as he leaves. They both glance at each other and glare.

 

"You didn't tell him that it's a permanent release."

 

She puts on a regal face. "Naturally it doesn't matter. I'll be by his side always."

 

"Yeah, it's definitely a mistake letting a pervert like you near him at all times." He replies while running out of the throne room.

 

"White, Black chase him and bring him back. I won't let him disparage my good name." Athena calls out.

 

The two chase after the hollow.

 

--

11