Chapter 22: Mistake
353 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(A Few Days Later)

Arriving back at the gate we see hollows charging along with Arturo.

"Enough of your meaningless resistance! Accept your inevitable defeat, Shigekuni Genryusai Yamamoto!" Arturo shouts towards our group. Parts of his clothes burnt off.

"I'M the one you're going to have to answer to, Arturo." Suzunami says appearing near Arturo.

"Captain Suzunami!" Matsuri yells out.

"Suzunami! I told you to wait!" Yamamoto calls out to him.

I get ready to dash over to him as Yoruichi grabs my shoulder. "He won't do anything stupid. I promise you that."

I nod at that and let out a small smile. "He really is hot headed like she said…"

Suzunami dashing through the Hollows trying to reach Arturo, who ignores him and continues waiting.

Matsuri and I working our way through the ones in front awaiting further instruction.

Yamamoto waiting for the right moment to strike out watches Arturo carefully.

Yoruichi easily cutting hollows down before they can react to her quick movements.

--

(A Few Minutes After in the Horde)

Continuous waves of Hollows keep coming to replace the ones that die. Yoruichi and Yamamoto each fighting two adjuchas.

To the side I see Urahara. The Captain of the 3rd division and the Captain of the 10th appearing. In between the three of them is a red-haired woman holding a mirror with both her hands.

"It looks like we made it just in time." The 10th division captain says looking at Arturo. His hand moving to his hair fixing the pompadour there.

"Mmm." The 3rd division captain silently remarks as she draws her nodachi.

"Yes." Lady Konoka says holding the mirror towards Arturo.

"Konoka?! What are you doing here?!" Suzunami shocked at her presence.

"Lady Konoka?" Matsuri says from beside me.

I shunpo beside her and look her over checking for any injuries.

'Fast!' The captains and Arturo think looking towards the blond-haired man.

I let out a smile as she returns a gentle one to me. "Hello Takashi."

"Lady Konoka…" Her eyes holding her resolve clear. I sigh and scratch my head. "If you get scared just call for me." I say with a smile.

Arturo noticing the smoke drawing into the mirror looks shocked.

"What is that?! It could not be--?!"

"As you may have guessed, we are here to take away your spiritual powers." Urahara says with a smirk.

"Are you sure you want to do this, Konoka?" Suzunami says cutting down a Hollow near him.

"Yes. I know you and the twins will keep me safe, Seigen." She replies with a smile.

"If you take my power, I will simply have to kill more Shinigami to get it back!" Arturo says dashing towards our group. "Fall victim to my Fenix, Shinigami!"

Yamamoto slamming his staff into the group removing the illusion on it. "All personnel, execute an all-out attack on Arturo!"

Suzunami, the 3rd and the 10th division captains rush towards him. Urahara staying beside Konoka to protect her.

"Urahara if she has a single hair missing…" I say giving Urahara a smile that doesn't reach my eyes.

He nods and smiles back. "I'll protect her with my life."

--

(Captains vs Arturo)

"Cero!" Arturo shouts pointing a finger towards the captains.

"Tsk." The 3rd division captain stepping forward and slashing down with her nodachi cutting the beam in half.

"So, you have more of a fight in you than that dog." Arturo smirking and launching an x-shaped projectile towards the three. Suzunami dodging out of the way. The 3rd blocking with her nodachi and the 10th shunpoing past it behind Arturo.

"Hmph, this is all you amou-…" The 10th launching a punch towards the back Arturo's head. Instead of the fist connecting a sword pierces his chest as he slumps onto the sword. Suzunami stepping forward and taking advantage of the stuck blade to strikeout.

Arturo extracts the sword and blocks the strike in time. Not in time to block the next from the 3rd who barely manages a cut on his arm. "His reiatsu is still soaring. How long does it take for this mirror to work?" She says stepping back.

Arturo not letting up on her kicks Suzunami out of the way and charges the 10th. Two quick slashes towards her sword knocks her further away.

He looks towards the mirror and spots the two Shinigami standing guard. Before he can head off in that direction a sword stabs out towards him. Turning around he blocks it and grabs ahold of the 10th. "Cero!" A white blast launching her into another building.

Suzunami stepping up and launching five quick strikes at the Arrancar.

"Impertinent Shinigami! Who do you think you are?!" He shouts as he continues striking down at Suzunami.

"Arturo is starting to get weaker…" I whisper out.

My sword cutting down the Hollow horde heading towards Lady Konoka.

Yamamoto and Yoruichi finally finishing their side of the fight and dashing towards Arturo.

Seeing them he points towards them. "Gran Rey Cero!"

Yoruichi opting to dodge and Yamamoto meeting the cero with his flames causing a massive explosion.

Suzunami striking his back as Yoruichi kicks him from the front.

"If this keeps up like this…!" Arturo starting to worry. Blocking the sword with his own and lifting his legs to dodge Yoruichi.

Lady Konoka from beside me yells out.

"Seigen… Hurry…!" She says running out of breath.

"Konoka!?" Suzunami shouts and receives a kick from Arturo.

"Heh heheheheh. Haha hahahaha! It appears that I am victorious after all! You should have known there would be a price to pay if you chose to use that little toy! I can feel it. The strength of that woman is waning like the light of the moon before dawn." He continues to mock Lady Konoka.

"I'm all right. I can still go on. I WILL finish this…" She says powering through. My eyes watching her with worry. Matsuri starting to run over to us.

"Lady Konoka…" My eyes watching her closely. Sweat pouring from her face as she drops the mirror and begins to fall. I move to catch her and check for a pulse. 'Ah, she's still alive…'

"Konoka?!" Suzunami shouts out.

"Tengoku!" Pouring my reiatsu trying to stabilize her condition.

"Takashi!" Yoruichi yells out and my senses alerting me to immediate danger.

Grabbing ahold of Lady Konoka I shunpo out of the way of the blade coming for my neck leaving behind an afterimage.

"Takashi!" Matsuri and Suzunami shouting.

"Hahahahah!" Arturo striking his sword down on the mirror and black reiatsu starting to leak out of it.

"Don't worry I'm fine." I say from the back with Lady Konoka in my arms.

"Please take care of her." Handing Lady Konoka over to Yoruichi.

"I'll protect her." Yoruichi says nodding towards me.

My hand reaching towards my nodachi as my reiatsu starts to flare.

"It is too late for you now…" Arturo says smirking at me.

Before I can react the dark reiatsu from the mirror lashes out and a white beam shoots from it into the sky. Arturo beginning to leak reiatsu. A quick white flash blinding everyone present. A few moments later their eyes recovering as they look towards the mirror.

The figures of Suzunami, Matsuri and Arturo gone.

6