The Reincarnation
141 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Nee~ nee~ 'cause you're a good person in this lifetime, how about i give you a lil' reward? 
*chuckle* beforehand, I'll tell you a bit..."

Smiling ear to ear, that person brought one of his hand in front of his mouth. Gesturing me to lend him my ear and whispered.

.

.

.

Opening my eyes in shock, I realized, I'm not from this world.

Okay, People might be weird out if I say that. 
Scratch that. 
They WILL think I'm insane.

After all, I'm born and grown up here, in this world, as a noble. 
Not suddenly came down from the sky nor summoned with huge magic circle to be here. No. Not at all.

But I'm sure, I, [name], definitely not came from this Medieval Europe setting!!

Nope. nope. There is No way!

This- this kind of thing? It really does happen?
That reincarnation-thingy? 
A second chance to get revenge or something like that?

The average reincarnation story this days?? —but wait, why it have to be me?

I don't have any grudge or even remember dying! SO WHY?! 

Okay, wait, now, calm down, me.
First, let's sort things out.

I take a deep breath to calm myself. 
Many information that just came rushing in my head and this sudden realization, all of them brought confusion in me. It hurts my head badly that I have to I massage my temple slowly to ease the pain. Slowly, I get up from the bed and stepped in front of a body length mirror. Taking another deep breath, i open my eyes to studied myself.

A reflections of what they call 'a fine lady' stood there, as her pair of sharp yellow eyes stared back at me. A long, tight-length curled purple hair sways softly as i move. She has a soft, porcelain skin with pinkish hue dusted across her cheeks. A thin cherry lips crafted in an alluring smirk-like smile, paired with a beauty mark below the left eyes, adding more spice to the doll's face.

Yes, this what people usually call 'villain-like' features really are [Evelyn] the protagonist.

She is the protagonist, so why Villain?

That's because... 
I somehow reincarnated. And...

It's a world from a novel called 'I'm reincarnated as a Villain in an otome game nantoka-' or something like that I forgot.

If I'm not wrong, its about a villainess that remember her past life and realize that this world is an otome game when the engagement is broken off. But to begin with, she never harass the heroine, and so she get her revenge.

—or is it the other story? Eh?
W-wait, it's that one right? 
Oh god, I read too many villainess story that it get all mixed up! Ughh this is bad... I don't remember which novel this world is.

I tried to recall what kind of novel I was at. However,  no matter how hard I tried, I can't really be sure of it, as everything seems entangled with other stories. I only managed to remember a piece of events in the story. That is, the broken engagement in the ball troupe. 

But I'm quite sure, I'm reincarnated as a protagonist of a novel that is reincarnated as a Villain of an otome game. ....I think?

Wait– what's with this stacked? Kind of world??

[Real life » Novel » Otome game]

What... kind of joke is this?!
Really? Author you—

No no no. 
That's not the point.

Just how did i get here? Inside one of the novel that I like, As a protagonist! 

I'm not that smart for those strategy-play like the original protagonist, okay! 
The actual reason I'm hooked is because the protagonist is reasonable and I like this kind of protagonist!

So why do I become her instead? If I become her, I probably will ruin my goddess, Evelyn's character to dust! I know perfectly well how dumb and scaredy-cat I am! 
Why can't I just be a mob character instead so that I can see my best girl in act? Seriously!!

Whatever would become of me...
I'm dead. I'm as good as dead.

"Ughhhh my head hurts.. It's probably just a dream, yeah..  That's right. I remember I just got a new album yesterday, Let's open it after I wake up, I wonder whose photo cards I'll get...  Okay! Lets go back to sleep~~" I mumble messily, trying to reassure myself. Dragging my step and lay back on the bed, I slowly drifting back to sleep.

.

.

.

 

"dy- Milady-" 
A faint sound repeatedly annoying me.

I stirred my back, sinking my body more inside the duvet. But the constant nagging irritated me more and more.

Who the hell disrupt my sleep? I pulled an overtime yesterday you know? I'm tired!

"Lady Evelyn.."
A clearer sound called me out. 
Wait, no, it's not my name. Let's just ignore it. Sleep, sleep, sleep is more important...

But hey! Can't you stop shaking me?? Who the-
Who? I live alone, why there is someone-

Quickly open my eyes, I saw a black orbs starring down at me.

"Milady, Finally you're awake, it's rare for you to keep sleeping in like this. The breakfast will be prepared. Now let me help you to get up, the maids will help you getting ready for the day."

The black haired man continue to speak till he finished convey everything. He swiftly reach out his hand and help me up on my feet. After making sure I was awake, He stepped back and then walk out of the room as two maids came beside me to assist.
Still in dazed state, I somehow let the maids changed my clothes.

What happened..?

Not long after I finished wearing my gown, that man before come back.
"Milady, the breakfast is ready" He said shortly after.

Walking down the huge corridor, He led me to an unnecessary large dining room. An exquisite long table and several chair arranged there, completed with set of table wares in each seat.  One portion of full breakfast placed on top of the table.

That guy before, who I remembered to be my Butler, let me sit on a chair then stand still three step behind me.

Looking at the dishes before me, I didn't feel exited like usual. Especially after suddenly receiving my other memories. This uncomfortable feeling still linger in me.

I feel like I am Evelyn from the start, but it also feel like I am [name] as 'yesterday' activity still fresh in my mind. All of it struck me deeply. I'm scared, confuse, I... don't know what to do.... 

With this bothered thoughts, I don't have any appetite at all. But still, I have to eat.

So, with reluctance, I took a bite.
My butler, Irwin, start to recites my schedule for the day like he always do. But none of his voice reach my ears.

Chewing in my breakfast slowly, I try to learn and accept what was happened.

It looks like I really am, Evelyn.

I didn't get back to my apartment room even though I go back to sleep or even when I try pinching myself to wake up from this -I assume to be- confusing dream.

I closed my eyes and let out a breath I don't know I held before. A subtle pain crept in my heart. 

So.. This is real...

I'm Evelyn Silvergraft, the only daughter of Duke Silvergraft. The fiancée of this country crown prince. The villainess and the protagonist of the story.

That's me. Right now, I'm Evelyn.

The reason why I'm reincarnated?

I don't know.

The reason of my death? 

I don't want to know.

 

‡‡

 

Hello there, 

Its my first time writing a story here. I'm not a native English speaker and still learning the right way to convey the story, so, sorry if there is some confusing sentence and sudden jumping scene. 

Anyway, Hope you like it! >u<

•Sae•

1