4 – Spooky Scary Skeletons.
2.5k 20 83
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
YAY nice and long chapter! Enjoy!

4 - Spooky Scary Skeletons.

 

Hopkins looked around his forest. Sure some other creatures are bigger than him but this is still 'his forest'. None could catch Hopkins the swift. Hopkins the bold! Hopkins the horned rabbit has spent his entire life in these woods lazing about in the sun, nibbling on the wild onion patch. It's all another day in the life of Hopkins as he was on his way back to his burrow.

But what's this? This delightful smell! Hopkins took a few sniffs.

*sniff* *sniff*

Ah-ha! There! The whole forest is alive! What could it be that brings this delightful smell and causes the whole forest to sing its praise? Hopkins just has to find out. so with a jump and another jump, he begins following the delightful smells and sounds coming deeper from the forest.

Hop Hop Jump! Hopkins is getting closer, the melody of the earth sings its praise! Light is shining down on the forest within! It has to be there!

Jump skip hop!

Hopkins poked his horn tip out of the grass allowing his eyes to follow. There he caught sight of the most beautiful existence in all creation. What is this? She looks like a human and a bird. That beautiful pale skin. Flowing hair that shines like the sun! That heavenly divine smell!

She looked his way! Hopkins has never felt more alive at this moment as he watches her lower her hand so that he may approach!

Jump Skip hop!

Maria: "Aww what a cutie you are! nice rabbit."

Hopkins reaches the object of his affection as she slowly begins to pet his head he has finally experienced bliss! From this moment on Hopkins will devote his life to the sweet smelling one! Long live...

*Shunk*

Critical hit! you deal 138 damage to Horned rabbit
Horned rabbit died
-1 karma

 

Assassination is now level 5

 

Maria: "Nice one Rainy! Now hand it over so we can grill this one too!"

Rainy blushes and laughs receiving Maria's praise

Rainy: "Ahaha! You always know how to make me feel special Maria!"

Maria receives the horned rabbit that has been shanked clean through with a sharp stick and places it over the fire right beside the other one.

Maria and Rainy had been teaming up right after Rainy had suddenly dropped in on her as she was wondering if the unicorn would let her ride it. Rainy had recognized Maria as the goddess that had summoned her but when asked for the skills she was promised Maria simply stated that she didn't know how to give them to her after she hit her head. Which is true, Not only had she forgotten her life as a goddess but she also does not remember much about her previous life either... other than an abnormal fear of streets and machines. She would also fear sharp things but it seems that a blue barrier now pops up anytime anything sharp comes near her with or without her consent. This was tested several times as Rainy's improvised spears have had several unexplained close calls of almost hitting Maria that one had to wonder if she kept all her bad luck from her past life.

So far Maria and Rainy had spent around a week wandering the woods in search of signs of civilization but so far no luck. As for why Rainy had killed the horned rabbit instead of Maria well...

Maria
LV: N/A
Race: Divine Goddess
HP: Infinate Faith: 82195928
STR: N/A INT: N/A
DEX: N/A VIT: N/A
AGI : N/A LUK: N/A

Skills:

Divine Aura LV: MAX, Divine Hymn LV: MAX, Nature's Blessing LV: MAX, Goddess's Wisdom LV: MAX(locked)Divinity LV: 2, Invoke Divine Law LV: 4, Hero Summoning LV: 1, Divine Bless LV: 5

Followers: 592,814 - (+1 faith per follower per day)

Accolades:

Divine - Given to those Who have obtained godhood.

Goddess of Wisdom - Inheriter of the title Goddess of wisdom (Access to Goddess's Wisdom skill)

Hero Summoner - Given to the Goddess who summoned her champion to the world (Gives the Goddess's champion the 'Hero of Wisdom' Accolade)

...Maria is unable to influence the world without using her faith to create miracles. As to why she did not do so to handle the rabbit? That is simply because she does not know how!

 

Day changes to night as Maria and Rainy sit around the fire enjoying their roast rabbit.

Danger sense has reached level 6

A rustling from the nearby foliage is followed by several undead skeletons emerging from the shadows. The skeletons rush the unexpecting duo as suddenly... they burst into holy fire and their souls gain halos and white wings and begin to ascend to the heavens as their bones turn to ash and scatter away.

Maria: "Well... that was random!"

While the one responsible for purifying said undead had done absolutely NOTHING! The undead just simply could not approach such a holy divine entity that when they came close the simply lost their hold to the world as they were purified in divine light.

Rainy: "Those skeletons... were kind of cute! Wow, this whole world is just so cute even undead are cute cell shaded bundles of color!"

Maria: "Hmm... we were going to go to sleep for the night but I wonder if they will be back? Maybe we should check it out?"

Rainy: "Of course! Let's go see your cute creations, Maria!"

Maria: "I am pretty sure I did not make them though..."

Maria and Rainy set off in the direction the skeletons had come from. Several more patrols had spotted the duo as they approached only to run straight at them, burst into flames, and return to heaven purified.

Rainy could not help but laugh! these creatures were much higher level then she was and she found out how to share Exp through party. Naturally Rainy formed a party with Maria and each time the skeletons would approach Maria and burst into flames Rainy would get free experience for doing absolutely nothing!

Then the duo approached where the skeletons had come from and found a spanning swamp filled with decaying and blighted ground that oozed corruption! That is... until Maria got close then the corruption went away and grass and flowers sprouted in their place.

Maria: "What's that? A tower?"

Rainy: "Is that where all these undead are coming from?"

???: "That is Correct! Now tell me what are you two maggots doing trespassing in my lair!"

Out from the tower emerged a gangly old human woman dressed in black and purple robe that seemed to scream 'Maleficent Ripoff!'. The woman was surrounded in skeletons in heavy plated metal armors with swords and shields and glowing red flames flashed in their eye sockets as they stared down the two new intruders.

Appraisal has reached level 4

 

Sylia
LV: 28
HP: 721
CR: 40

This new CR was simply a Combat rating based on how tough an enemy would be to fight. a horned rabbit had a combat rating around 3 and a wild boar has a combat rating around 11 so Sylia's Combat rating of 40 signified... a rather tough fight if Rainy faced her alone...

Sylia: "Crush these fools my pets!"

...well that is to say she wasn't really alone seeing as any undead backup she had was suddenly burned in holy fire as even these tougher undead knights burned to a crisp leaving their weapons and armors behind.

Maria: "That went about as expected..."

Maria decided it was time to approach the necromancer who was not sporting a rather confused and fearful look on her face. Maria began to laugh uncontrollably as each step she took brought her closer to her target that simply quaking in fear.

Maria: "Mwa haha!"

Sylia: "S-Stay back!"

And when Maria finaly reached the necromancer she brought her hand down to strike her! which did...

Sylia takes 0 damage

...' Absolutely Nothing!"

Maria: "Eh...?"

Rainy can only slap her forehead with her palm and shake her head in disbelief. Of course, it would do nothing... the necromancer here is human, not undead!

Sylia: "I see! Now it's my turn!"

The necromancer brings up her staff and strikes back at Maria! which also does...

Maria takes 0 damage

...Again 'Absolutely Nothing!' as a blue shield appears around Maria along with a smug smile.

the necromancer Sylia begins to poke and prod the shield this new person seems to have wrapped herself in when suddenly after a bit of extra force... Maria begins to tilt upside down as the barrier begins to roll back down the hill.

Maria: "Eh..."

Maria rolls over flipping over and over again till she eventually comes to a stop beside Rainy. before the barrier disappears and once again Maria falls flat on her face.

Sylia: "Now that annoying Barrier is down It is time to finish you!" 

The necromancer chants a long spell then a dark beam of light is fired on the duo as Maria came back on her feet only to have the barrier flare back to life again.

Sylia: "Let's see how long you can keep this up!"

Sylia begins repeating her spell casting her dark beam of light over and over as Rainy hides behind Maria because she could tell she wouldn't stand a chance if she took a hit from any of those dark beams of light!

Maria: "Any ideas?"

Rainy: "Hmm... Ah Maybe! Let's try that!"

Rainy pushes on her shield with both hands and begins to roll Maria up the hill

Maria: "Ahh! Rainy! wait!"

Rainy: "We got to try... Please just bear with it for a bit!"

Rainy continued to roll Maria back up the hill as Maria's facial expression clearly showed signs of motion sickness. When the two finally reached the top Maria's shield was smashed against the old witch pinning her against the wall of her tower.

Skill Unlocked: Vile Tactics
Vile Tactics has reached level 1
-5 Karma

 

Accolade Unlocked: Vile Tactician.
Vile Tactician - given to those who would use any means necessary to accomplish their goals, even using allies as human shields (+20% offense and defense while using Vile Tactics)

 

Weighted Strike has increased to level 3

 

Sylia takes 528 damage

Rainy: "huh? still not dead?"

Rainy rolls her portable battering ram (Maria) back a bit then slams her again against sylia.

Sylia takes 42 damage.

Rainy: "still too slow... hmm well she already passed out."

Maria: "ugh! I think I'm going to be sick..."

Rainy picks up one of the swords that were left behind by one of the undead knights and brings it down on the passed out sylia.

Skill Unlocked: Sword Mastery
Sword Mastery has reached level 1

 

Skill Unlocked: Merciless
Merciless has reached level 1
-10 karma

 

Sylia takes 281 damage
Syria has died.
Level Up.
Level Up.
Level UP.
Rainy is now level 18

 

Accolade unlocked: Merciless hero.
Merciless hero - Given to a hero who has no mercy to even enemies who can not defend themselves (20% increased damage to sleeping or passed out enemies)

 

Rainy: "She was taking up too much of my Maria's attention anyways!"

Maria: "urgg..."

It seems that somewhere along the line Rainy had developed into a splendid yandere.

83