Chapter 5
361 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
A small time-skip chapter to move out of the introduction phase.

June 2, 2009

A month has already passed since Lucifer left me in this world.

As they said, "Time flies when you use all of its training between the real world and a mystical space where its flow is chaotic, and you are unable to attest its passage", or at least something like that...

I am slowly learning about my powers, on how to use magic with Viviane and how to fight with a spear with Scáthach.

Let's start with the good things, learning how to fight with a spear is going well, at first I thought that using it will be easy, it's a pointy stick for god's sake, but while stabbing something is simple, mastering its combat arts are a different story, and that's without considering spear throwing and multi-opponents fighting.

Fighting with a spear it's complex but satisfying at the end...

Talking about spears I can't avoid talking about my weapon, Gáe Bulg its ability to reappear in my hands when needed makes it a convenient weapon to be thrown, while the curse it leaves on its wounds and its capacity of piercing any barrier makes it one of the best killing weapon it was ever forged, or at least that is what the hunters said.

Being so deadly I can't use Gáe Bulg while training or I will risk killing my sparring partners, forcing me to use subpar copies while training with someone else.

While I spend a lot of time learning how to fight with a spear, I use even more time training with magic, but the results are nearly non-existent.

Viviane says that my problem is the inability to focus my energy and that it will become easier when I gain more control over my domain powers, but for now, the most I can do is learning the Theory, something that can be more boring than I had ever expected.

Who would have expected that theory classes, even magical ones could be boring...

On my domain side, I gained no new understanding of the divine powers I should possess, every time I try to focus on that primal source of energy I obtain nothing, as I end up slipping out of focus before I can understand anything.

While I was finally able to test my new godly body, I was unable to determine its limits, as I am unwilling to damage the house or the forest; I can lift several tons easily, and trying to do more than that can be dangerous, as I don't want to break anything.

Viviane said that being the ruler of this court has strengthened me to a level higher than a normal Túatha Dé Danann, probably giving me physical abilities comparable to that of a god of whose domain includes strength.

------------------------------------------------------------

July 12

I was finally able to hit a fast-moving target with a flying spear, in the middle of a forest.  

On the melee side, Scáthach is still trashing me when we spar, but now I can fight evenly with some of the weaker hunters, even if that is mostly because I am stronger and faster than them, as my technique still kind of sucks.

On the side of magic and my domain still no good progress, my control is lacking but, at least by Viviane's opinion, becoming better.

She says that I only need a breakthrough in my energy control ability and I will be able to use magic, I hope she is right.

------------------------------------------------------------

August 8

My magic training finally gave fruits, as my control of energy has grown enough now I am finally able to use simple magic.

I can create illusions quite easily now, but I find them hard to maintain for a prolonged time; the other schools of magic are slightly more difficult for me, but I'm still able to use simple party tricks, like moving small objects with telekinesis or heating and cooling something.

------------------------------------------------------------

September 3

Finally, I'm able to hit ten fast-moving targets out of ten when I throw a spear, even in a field like a forest when multiple obstacles to increase the difficulty.

Damn Scáthach, I would have finished months ago if not for this folly of adding more obstacles to a forest...

She says that now I should have no problems using Gáe Bulg as a thrown weapon and that from now on this training will not give as many benefits as before.

At least this part of the training will be reduced from now on...

------------------------------------------------------------

October 8

After several months of training my ability in spear-fighting had increased enough that I can win against most of the hunters now, obviously, Scáthach can still beat me, but even her needs some effort, my superior raw power loosing against her experience and techniques.

As time passes, my magical might is increasing too, I can now conjure objects I have prepared before and my repertoire of tricks is slowly increasing.

My illusions are becoming better, more complex, and realistic, even if they still require a lot of concentration to maintain, making them impractical to use on the fly.

Viviane decided to start teaching me some of the simpler abilities of a Hunter, from distinguishing truths to the basics of oath magic, they come to me naturally with my role, making them easier to learn than they should be.

While both my training in magic and fighting are showing good results I am unable to use powers from my so-called domain, with no results from my meditation attempts.

I suspect that something is wrong in my attempts to connect with my domain characteristics.

Maybe I don't understand them enough? What do I know about hunting and animals in a forest, or about fertility and travel?

------------------------------------------------------------

November 23

I have finally mastered the ability of what Viviane call glamour, making a life-like illusion cover a real like object, letting something appear as something else.

Now I can finally leave this house and explore the world without being recognized for my antlers and green skin.

In the last six months, the most I have interacted with humans was the postman, and even that was watching the delivery from where he wasn't able to see me.

And thank god the post office deliver in the middle of this forest, I don't know what I will have done in the other case...

Maybe I should go drinking one of the next days to celebrate, after all now I can pass as a normal man, in this way I could finally explore the outside world and maybe have a couple of adventures in Lucifer stile.

10