It Was Because of Me…
792 1 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"HeFeng!" The class president jogged over to HeFeng.

"BaJin? Aren't you supposed to be at a meeting?"

"Technically, yes," BaJin said. "But because I'm such a good friend, I decided to check up on that little crush of yours."

HeFeng's eyes lit up in worry. "How is he?!"

BaJin hesitated. "You...don't be too sad. It's not your fault. The doctor said he had food poisoning."

HeFeng's eyes widened. "Food...poisoning..." He choked.

BaJin glanced at HeFeng's clenched fists. This childhood friend of his really made him worry. He's been with HeFeng since the beginning. He's seen the way HeFeng would stare longingly at LingFeng, seen how HeFeng would offend other people just to be a little closer to LingFeng, and seen how HeFeng would wake up at 5 A.M. every morning just to buy LingFeng freshly-made breakfast from restaurants.

Bam!

An arm, streaked with bulging green veins, whizzed past BaJin's face and slammed into a locker, creating a small dent.

"Oh my god, HeFeng, your hand!" BaJin quickly inspected HeFeng's hand. Punching a dent into a metal locker, it was estimated that HeFeng's hand was at least bleeding heavily, if not broken. BaJin wanted to scold this reckless friend of his, but once he took a look at HeFeng's expression, the words remained stuck in his throat.

A frustrated expression decorated HeFeng's face, but it wasn't a simple frustration, no. It was a frustration twisted in pain, rage, anguish, and self-blame.

"I..." HeFeng bit his lips, drawing blood. His eyes were red and moist with tears. It looked like the world had just ended for him. Withdrawing his fist from BaJin's hold, he turned around and ran away.

"Wait, HeFeng!" BaJin called after him. "Where are you going?!"

'I don't know,' thought HeFeng. 'Just not here.'

24