Chapter 4.2. Shall We Begin?
293 11 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

7:30 PM, Wednesday Night, Red Veil City:

Within a small, but comfortable, Italian Restaurant, three people were seated around a small table that was lit up by a few candles that were serving as centerpieces.

 

“I don’t think I’ve ever been to this restaurant before, has it always been here?” Olivia questioned as she looked around the place. It had a very fitting atmosphere for a generic, Italian stereotype restaurant.

 

“I think so, dad only brought me to this place for my 15th birthday. That was the first time I came here, at least. The food is amazing!” Cassie answered in a cheery tone as she plopped her elbows on the table and used her hands to hold her head up.

 

“Cassie, you only order their pizza,” Charles countered her praise for the restaurant's food, but then shook his head. “Nevermind, she’s still right, their food is quite good… Funny story as to how I found this place, though. I met the owner during an investigation last year. I helped him out by proving his son was not involved in a daring theft of some jewels from a shop. As thanks, Mario told me to bring Cassie and that he would treat us to a free meal.” Charles explained as he then told Cassie to sit up straight with his gaze.

 

“ Yeah~, Uncle Mario is a nice guy…” Cassie met Charles’s gaze and just stared at him questioningly before deciphering it and sitting up straight. She was quite good at reading her father’s gaze after so many years… Well, Stevie was anyway.

 

“Oh, so you know him that well?” Olivia asked; she seemed to notice the short staring contest between the two as she looked back and forth between Cassie and Charles.

 

Suddenly, a loud voice boomed from the other side of the restaurant.

“Ah! Signore Charles, I did not see you come in!” A rather large man with bulging muscles that nearly ripped through his shirt made his way through the dining room towards the group.

 

Cassie smiled as she turned her head and waved, “Hi Uncle Mario!”

 

“Signora Cassie as well?! HA HA!!! *Clap!* It must be my lucky day!” After he hastily approached the table, he gave a gentle hug to Cassie, followed by a light kiss on her head and he then gave a firm handshake to Charles.

 

“Good to see you again Mario, I hope all is well for you,” Charles spoke as he let go of the gentle giant’s hand.

 

“Ah! By the grace of God, we are making it Detective, grazie… Ah! Forgive me, but I do not believe I know this Signora. Scusami, I am Mario Colombo, the owner of this trattoria.” Mario extended his hand to Oliva with a gentle smile, befitting his loud, yet gentle, personality.

 

“Olivia O’Hara, I am Detective Charles’s Cousin, a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Colombo,” Olivia responded with a smile. She just met this man, but she was quite fond of him already. He gave off such a positive and happy atmosphere… Even though he could also pass for an intimidating looking giant with a few minor adjustments.

 

“Ah! Please, call me Uncle Mario! Any family member of Signore Charles and Signora Cassie are considered family in this humble place! ... Ah! Un Momento, let me see where your cameriere is.” He then excused himself as he began shouting something in Italian and waving his hands in the air as he rushed to the backroom.

 

While he was doing so, Cassie snickered, as if she was understanding what he was saying.

 

“Ah~...  I love Uncle Mario, he is such a funny guy!” Cassie’s smile appeared to be quite contagious as Charles’s lips also slightly curved upwards as well.

 

“Well, he certainly loves having you around here…  So, what are we going to be having to eat tonight?” Charles asked as he picked up the menu that was before him and began browsing.

 

“Pizza of course!” Cassie exclaimed as she rubbed her hands together and grinned from ear to ear.

 

“Okay, but only a medium sized one for you. You don’t need to ruin your diet any more than you already have. Your teachers would havel crucified me if they saw how many calories you’ve had today.” Charles rained on her food parade yet again!

 

“Ah~! But just for today dad! Please!” She put her hands together and plastered a pleading expression onto her face. “Uncle Mario’s pizza’s are the best!”

 

Charles just sighed as he saw this expression for the second time today. He rolled his eyes and saw Olivia was staring at him with a somewhat shocked look.

 

“She likes eating food these days...” He explained dejectedly, but his expression seemed to be asking for help at the same time. Olivia grinned slightly and then answered his call.

 

“I see… Cassie, let’s make a deal, I will order a pizza too, though I won’t be able to finish it all. You can have my leftovers.” Olivia offered while sounding quite sincere.

 

“Oho! …” Cassie looked at Olivia and thought for a moment. “Deal!” She then picked up the menu and began browsing which flavor she would be gracing her tastebuds with tonight. She was over the moon in anticipation for this delicious meal…

~~~~

 9:00 PM, Wednesday Night, Red Veil City:

“I can’t believe that little body of her’s can inhale so much food.” Olivia opened the door to the house as Charles carried in Cassie, who was now thoroughly stuffed with pizza and soft drink. She was sound asleep in Charles's arms.

 

“Yeah, her eating habits have been getting a bit out of hand lately. Oatmeal Cookies, Coca-Cola, Chips; whatever she can get her greedy little hands on, she just eats and eats… It’s almost like she has a tapeworm keeping her skinny.” Charles listed off a few of her favorite snacks while carefully carrying Cassie straight to her room.

 

“Let me put this one to bed and I will show you to your room.” Charles excused himself as he carried Cassie upstairs.

 

‘Oof, you are getting much heavier. Must be all that pizza!’ Charles sighed as he placed her gently onto her bed.

 

He then took her shoes and socks off. He grabbed her duvet and draped it over her, making she was securely tucked in. He then heaved a slight sigh.

 

sigh

 

“Goodnight sweety,” He lightly kissed her forehead, “Pleasant dreams.”

 

After wishing her goodnight, he walked out of her room and gently closed the door behind him, leaving Cassie to her dreams.

 

Charles walked back downstairs and saw Olivia admiring some of the pictures on the walls with her bags in hand.

 

“You will be sleeping the guest-room, just like last time,” Charles spoke while walking towards the hallway leading to the room.

 

“Alright, sounds good, thanks for hosting me, Charles. I appreciate the help, as usual.” Olivia turned her attention to Charles and thanked him.

 

“No trouble, I am sure Cassie will appreciate the company. Lately, she has just been cooped up in here by herself when I am not around.” Charles responded somewhat discontentedly while walking down the hall. He stopped at the third door on the left and opened it.

 

“Well, I certainly hope I am a company worth having.” Olivia stated while chuckling, “Thanks, Charles. Uh, the bathroom is through… That door, right?”

 

“No, it’s this one.” Charles opened the opposite door.

 

“Ah! Thank you. Well, I am pretty tired, so I think I will catch a quick shower and get some sleep.” Olivia announced as she stretched.

 

“Certainly, I will be up for a bit longer, but I will try to not bother you. If you need anything I will be out on the veranda.” He then said goodnight and walked back down the hall.

 

Olivia closed the door to her room and placed her bag onto her bed.

Sigh

 

‘Alright then, time to get this over with.’

 

She sighed and while taking her phone out of her pocket. She swiped through her contacts until a certain name popped up onto her phone.

 

 

Parker Bennet

 

‘Now, time to see what’s up with you.’

~~~~

10:00 PM, Wednesday Night, Red Veil City:

Olivia made her way out of the massive warehouse with calm, confident steps, that subtle smile never left her face.
She made her way into an alleyway that would lead her to a side street. It was the sort of street that was fairly dead at this time of night, so she would not have to be too concerned about anyone seeing her.

After making her way through the alleyway and onto the sidewalk, she turned the corner and heaved a deep sigh.

The fake smile she had on her face was now gone. She deactivated the runes which were masking her appearance along with her voice, revealing her normal outward form, that of a brunette with more… appealing facial features.

However, her beauty was currently masked with a very sour expression.

‘Damn that stupid dimwit! Can’t he leave my family alone?!’ She cursed at Parker inwardly.
He always was someone that refused to give reasons or explanations for his actions, he just always did something out of blue for what appeared on the outside to be no reason, whatsoever. It never used to bother her before, but now it was something on a personal level.

‘If mother finds out that I let that bastard harm Charles… Urgh!!’ She was beginning to run through quite the unpleasant scenarios in her head.

She calmed herself down after a moment of frustration by taking a few deep breaths… After clearing her head of her worries, she came to a fairly drastic conclusion. She determined that the best course of action was to remove this problem before it gets any worse. She needed to kill Parker, tonight!

'If I can just end him then I won’t have this burden on me anymore… I just can’t let him hurt Charles or Cassie.’

She then pulled out her phone and dialed in the number for another member of her team… Someone who is an expert in dealing with headaches like these. He is known as Blood Wing

 

 

 

*Author's Note*

Alright, so this is the second part of this chapter, again sorry for it being so short, but at least the volume of releases is increasing. If you all don't mind, I might actually begin uploading all the future chapters like this. Of course, it all depends on how you readers prefer to have your chapters.

Depending on popular opinion, I might make this change permanent. Leave your thoughts in the comment sections if you wish to have a say in this decision making, as I am trying to find a way to have these chapters lengths and rate of upload in your favor.

Once again, apologies for any spelling/grammar errors, the fellow who was helping me before just went back to University and now I am on my own with Grammarly, I am trying my best.
(⌣̩̩́_⌣̩̩̀)

Once more, do you wish for longer chapters with at least 6 to 7 days in release frequency? Do you want shorter chapters with higher release frequency of 2 to 4 days?

 

8