Chapter 2 – New Life
330 5 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*sniff* *sniff* 

 

Opening his eyes, Nyoko sees a bright blue sky and a cute little animal on his shoulder trying to sniff his face.

“Where did you come from, little guy?”

 

After seeing that the guy whom it was sniffing woke up, it ran away from him and climbed on the tree where Nyoko was sitting, after seeing the little guy climb the tree, he saw many similar animals or rather little monsters that were sitting upon the tree branches. 

 

-Now, where am I? If I remember correctly….. I was rushing from school to home to play the new VN and then…. The truck came in front of me…. -

 

Nyoko fell silent at this point but quickly recovered.

 

-Oh well, looks like I isekai-ed but why do I feel like I’m missing something, oh well can’t think about what I can’t remember, maybe I will remember it later on-

-Uhh... Forget it, for the time being, looks like I have to find just where am I?-

 

He tried to stand up but pain assaulted him.

 

“Ahh….” -Why can’t I move?-

 

After a few more attempts, he gave up on trying to stand and started observing his surroundings.

 

Looking at his surroundings carefully, he sees some people and soldiers lying around dead along with a large wolf-like monster or beast not too far from him. Blood was still somewhat fresh as the smell was in the air but the blood on the ground seemed to have dried up a little bit.

 

-Just what happened here… Why are these people dead?!- 

 

“AGGHHH!!!”

 

Suddenly a severe headache struck Nyoko, the pain was like someone hitting a nail into his brain. As the pain keeps assaulting, new memories or rather the old memories begin to surface in his mind.

 

As the memories started coming, Nyoko came to know about the real owner of this body and this world.

 

Apparently, this person’s name was also Nyoko and was the only child of his deceased parents. They one day left on the mission to fight the beasts rampaging around the, now Ruined Old City. That city was considered the most populated and had a large market where various things can be found. Weapons, clothes, materials for alchemy and crafting new weapons. There were also Libraries where various books were stored, including books of magic.

 

That’s right, this world is like those of cultivation novels, train, learn, level up…. so magic is also involved.

 

`Back to seeing the memories`

 

After his parents left him under his Aunt Jenifer to fulfil the mission, they never came back…. Only the news of them dying in the rampage came.

 

Although he was 14 when he heard the news, he didn’t react like most kids. He just asked his aunt to teach him about cultivation even though he didn’t start the basic cultivation which most kids would start at the age of 10, he still asked his aunt to teach him about it and also about the beasts and the way to fight against them.

 

His Aunt didn’t know much about cultivation, only the basics but still, she taught him about it and told him if he ever encountered a good opportunity, he should get someone to tell him about the cultivation fully.

 

After 3 years of training he attained a somewhat decent level in cultivation and a good level of sword wielding, he embarked on the journey and was able to get into the Element Sword Sect. After getting enrolled into the sect he trained more and took the escort guarding request. The request was simply to guard the merchant and his goods from beasts which they might encounter along the route through the forest. He thought it would go smoothly, but when the beasts attacked the convoy, they annihilated all the people, including him. 

 

He, the original resident of this world was dead, but due to fate or destiny, Nyoko who died in the accident in another world just happened to cross-over into this world, in this body.

After getting over the pain, he tried to move again  but still couldn’t as his body was numb due to having no energy left. He could only rest to recover some energy for now.

 

As he gazed at the sky, he fell deep in thought...

-I think I am the only remaining survivor... No that would be incorrect... I reincarnated into this body but for others, only I remained alive from this rampage. I have to go back and report this incident to the sect elder. After reporting it, I should start thinking what my next move would be..-  

 

After a few minutes, he gained enough energy to move his body... He stood up and thought about searching the bodies but soon removed this thought as he didn't want to loot a corpse and it would be disrespectful towards the now deceased people with whom he accepted the request.

 

After getting over this thought, he walked towards the body of the beasts to extract cores from them. The core of the beast contains mana which might help in various ways and can fetch a good price according to the beast’s level and the element affinity. Well, that’s at least what the memories told him.

 

He spent a few hours extracting the cores from all the beasts and when he was done, he decided to head towards Rockpost town where the sect is located.

 

-Well with these amounts of cores maybe I can get some decent equipment and a good lounge to stay. Only if I knew about the usage of these cores, I could have raised my cultivation but with my current memories, it wouldn’t be possible. The memories only have knowledge of basic cultivation which won’t help me much at the moment. I have to get more knowledge about the cultivation and magic here, and about everything in this world. Only then… only then will I be able to aim for the future where I can have what I want.-

 

After making sure he had the cores from all the beasts, he stored them in his sack and started digging graves for the fellow rouge cultivators and the merchant who were on this mission to give them a proper burial.

 

The sky was darkening after giving all people a burial here, so he headed towards the town. As he started walking, he mumbled his thoughts aloud,

 

“Nothing is set in stone whether it be fate or destiny, one needs to write their destiny and fate with their own hands to make it happen. I have lost my life and my family. But now, I have this life and I will cherish it. I will train to become stronger in this world so I won’t have to suffer anymore..”

Any other suitable title here?

9