Chapter 10
203 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Staring down at the pink brush upon her furnished desk, made of the same wood that made up her treehouse, a dark-skinned elf stood in the center of her room. Her pointed ears trained downward in a depressive manner as her brown gloved hand rushed over the bristles of the brush, stealing the golden blonde hair that had remained tangled within it.

Her green and blue eyes centered on the strand of hair, before resting back down on the brush. A deep and sharp inhale filled her torso and broadened her shoulders before she let it all out in a single sigh.

Aura wasn't known for spending time in the Tree House on the Sixth Floor of the Great Tomb of Nazarick, as since her arrival she preferred sleeping outside amongst her pets. Her gaze shifted to the vanity mirror that stood atop her desk. A frown emanated from her lips.

Grasping the grip of the brush, without looking down at it, she brought it up beside her head. Staring at her reflection for a few seconds, she closed her eyes briefly before opening them.

Hesitance wasn't something she ever thought was possible, but it was there. She didn't want to brush her hair out, it reminded her too much of those who did it for her often in YGGDRASIL.

Her next couple of minutes she just spent time staring at herself, in an almost frozen pose. That was until she finally pressed the bristles into her hair and began to stroke slowly. As if ironing out her hair she continued to brush it out.

A faint smile crept over her lips, kicking away the frown that once held them hostage it was as if feeling a warmth take over a cold heart. A hot shower in the dead of winter.

"Bukubukuchagama-sama... JakkuGurahamu-sama..." In her mind, she could feel herself sitting on Bukubukuchagama's lap as she brushed her hair and as Jakku did the same. How they'd dress the two elves, put them in boy's clothes, girl's clothes.

The secret flirting between the two of them that only she had heard and how the two Supreme One's loved one another until they didn't. It was hard to think of a world without them, although they had both been gone for so long. Ainz-sama seemed to have been the only one who even stayed, while Jakku had completely left the Guild of Ainz Ooal Gown completely some years prior to coming to this New World.

With her hair straightened out slightly, the elf stared at herself in the mirror.

"I am Aura Bella Fiora," she muttered cooly to herself, "High Tamer of Nazarick!" She raised the brush above her head as if presenting a holy blade, grinning to herself.

An Image in the back of her head, remembering how the one she knew as Jakku, lifted her up and held her up to the ceiling while standing on the bed. Proclaiming, in confidence, that if he and Bukubukuchagama got married she'd be officially his child. That never came to be, but she could recall his voice and how cheerful it was.

How could something that incredible break apart like that, so easily? She couldn't help but wonder. When she saw him last, before he vanished and left Ainz Ooal Gown behind, he had been completely despondent.

While he had indeed brushed her hair during that time, it wasn't the same.

If only she could've moved and said something on her own. In a way, she felt like a failure for not being able to do anything in his time of need. Though her creator wasn't all that different, she seemed much more lively and attentive to her following the fallout.

Aura wasn't quite sure what to think, though her loyalty still remained with her creator, especially since Jakku had ended up leaving in the end. These thoughts clearly weren't healthy.

Maybe she could go down to the bar area and get some juice, or perhaps talk to Eclair Ecleir Eicler. There was a possibility of him being able to help her out when it came to sorting her feelings, considering their closeness to her and her brother.

A light sigh emitted from her lips.

Jakku had spent hours in her room, just staring into space in the same spot, as if he was hiding in the room. Or maybe he was even sleeping with his eyes open, as he didn't move whatsoever, hardly a single spark of life insight. Then he up and vanished for a month. Still, Bukubukuchagama would come by, take her to the Round Table room and comb out her hair.

Aura's eyes drifted up towards the Red Musketeer Hat with a Cotton Candy blue plume.

Memories were such a fickle thing for some, but looking at that hat, she could remember the time when he marched through the winding corridors of the Great Tomb. Jakku ahead of her and Mare following behind them dressed as the Three Musketeers. She could recall everything perfectly, the adventures, the play pretend. Even though they couldn't respond normally or act on their own without being prompted to do so, those memories were truly significant.

Her eyes then moved to the weapon that rested against the wall beside her bed. It was a graphite black dagger-like sword that lacked a crossguard, the blade itself was twisted with nordic runes inscribed along with it that gave a holy glow.

Although it was a sword, the weapon itself was designed for a Tamer to wield and even had a Sympathy spell that attracts beasts. From her knowledge, Mare had a similar one, made for a Magic-Caster that buffed the user's Area of Effect Spells.

An indistinct smile continued to prevail across her lips, resting the brush down upon her desk.

In a way, she was thankful for the things that he had done for and with them. It felt like she had a family, other than just the Supreme Beings being on top of them. At the same time, being treated as a child infuriated her, despite the fact that she was very much in the body and partially the mind of one.

She saw herself as on top, the big sister, the oldest Dark Elf out of the only two in Nazarick.

Turning her head, she glanced at the door of her room. They were on the second floor of the Gigantic Tree that was their home. It consisted entirely of wood in appearance, but it was nearly indestructible and couldn't be completely modified.

"Mare, are you there?!" She called out, but after a few seconds of waiting, there was no response. "Must be down in the Library again," she huffed as she placed a balled hand on her hip, "Oh well..."

Humming to herself, the young Seventy-Six-year old elf would make her way down to the first floor, going down the spiral staircase until she stepped into the kitchen.

There was no one here, Mare was definitely not in the Tree. Though other than the Library, he could be in the Amphitheater, but at the same time, she doubted this to be so.

She didn't waste any time as she went out the front entrance of her tree home, and stepped into the forests which surrounded the amphitheater. Taking in a deep breath once more, she could smell her nearby pets who ultimately came running towards her.

"Fenny!" She cheered as she saw a Holy Beast known as a Fenrir approaching her, "And Quadracile!" She squeaked seeing her two beasts coming to her, throwing her arms in the air as she ran towards them in return. As a High Tamer, she adored her creatures and loved the idea of collecting more of them from the New World.

Fenrir head bobbed up and down as he bound towards her, he dwarfed her as he was a giant black wolf with glossy fur and blood-red eyes.

Right behind the Wolf was a massive six-legged green chameleon-iguana hybrid, its legs trampling the grass beneath its feet.

As the two of them converged on Aura, they both nuzzled their faces into her as she put her arms out to hug their faces. Then as they were just finishing their greetings to their master, Fenrir used his head to throw her up into the air, having her land on its back before letting out an excited breath.

"Aw! I love you too, guys!" Aura giggled as she rested on the back of the wolf, her hands resting behind her as she leaned back a bit. Her eyes went up to the hyperrealistic sky above.

Her mind went wondering again, though this time to where Mare could be and what he was doing. She was supposed to be bossing him around, that's what big sisters did, according to her creator and Supreme Being.

After a little while of spending time with her pets, she wandered off to the Arena area of the sixth floor. Her gaze passed over the stands, the platform in which she had jumped off of to greet Ainz. A smile remained curved over those lips of hers as she turned to look towards the spot where he had given them water. How he had treated them nicely without holding back at all.

"I wonder if Ainz-sama is back from the Village," She inquired absently as she was putting her index finger under her lower lip in thought. Then she banished the thought as her eyes narrowed upon a number of Dragonkin which were cleaning the grounds.

A small grin formed over her lips as she imagined them wearing Musketeer Hats with little Plumes on them, whilst reciting lines from a play Jakku, Peroroncino and Flatfoot had done some time in the past.

Personally she thought it was rather funny, another memory that she held from before she had her own free-will if it could even be considered that. Her mind didn't ponder on the idea of her kneeling before the Supreme Beings, thinking they were Gods, above everything else.

The simple fact was, they were.

All of the NPCs inside of Nazarick would dote on their Supreme Beings if they were all here with them. She could only imagine how the world would be if they were all here together.

It would be like a complete family, the NPCs finally being able to repay their creators for just creating them, making them what they were. That was enough reason to admire them, to love them, to lust for them.

Aura crossed her arms over her chest as she began to think about the future, and how Shalltear's bosom would never grow. Her subtle smile became a direly smug smirk, thinking of how she could rub it all in her face. A giggle escaped her as she walked in a slow circle along the arena floor. Shifting her arms from over her chest to behind her head, she huffed triumphantly.

Mare sat there on the counter, a book in his lap and his Divine-Class stave called the 'Shadow of YGGDRASIL' resting by his side. Dressed as a girl in a vest, white dragon top, a skirt, and long socks. He didn't at all seem to mind, despite his timid demeanor, where he was seated.

Slowly his legs were dangling, lightly kicking as he read the book in his lap.

His fingers trailed silently along with the words of the book, reading as he listened to the shuffling of the Overlords presently overseeing the Grand Library called Ashurbanipal.

This was his sanctuary where he could relax away from the world and everything else within it.

This place was filled with books, be it about magic or narrative. His gaze lifted from the item in his lap and over towards another entire shelf filled with books just like it. A faint simper formed over his lips.

Titus, one of the powerful Skeleton Mages and Mare's closest friends that inhabited the library, stood behind the counter sorting magic scrolls. His bead-like eyes watching the young Floor Guardian, with an every lasting skeletal grin across his face.

The two of them were a lot alike, preferring isolation over overbearing social interactions. The silence was their mutual friend, something they both respected. Though they were also considered rather fond of one another.

"Hath ever read mine personal collection?" The Skeleton Mage asked curiously, looking over the blonde-haired Dark Elf. His gaze locking with the right blue eye and green left eye as they turned to meet him.

"N-no..." Mare smiled a bit more soft-like toward his friend as he tilted his head to the side in a not so overly curious manner. "I don't think... You've sh-showed me your personal collection," albeit shyly, the young elf would slide off of the counter and land on his feet with relative ease.

Collecting his staff, he then made his way over to the Skeleton, holding his divine weapon close in both hands tucking it slightly against his left shoulder.

Mare could remember the first time he came here, though he wasn't necessarily in control at the time, Jakku had brought him and Aura down here whilst dressed as the Three Musketeers.

Smiling a bit more fondly at the memory, he continued to follow after the Skeleton as he put down what he was doing. The two would go forth, wandering deeper into the Library.

The place alone was massive, even though it was on the same floor as the throne room and all the other things such as the Lemegeton and Room of the Pleiades Six Stars.

"My collection should be around here, somewhere," Titus lead Mare through the metaphorical maze of books, his pearly white hand running along the decorated binds of each book-shaped item. Those eyes of his scanned over each one he passed over, reading the titles and lightly clacking his teeth together.

Mare simply watched him, happy to simply follow his friend.

When they finally reached one of the tallest bookcases, Mare stared up at the various colored vintage looking grimoires, skill books and narratives. This place was a treasure trove of information, especially regarding YGGDRASIL.

"Ah, here it is," snickered the skeleton as he plucked a book ripely with his pointed bare-boned fingers. "Would thou... Like a peek?" Titus turned his gaze to his young friend and bent down to his level, holding the book out in front of him with one hand for the boy to take.

"Umu..." Nodding to his friend, Mare grasped the book firmly before resting it in the palm of his other hand and spreading the pages open. His eyes drifted over the cover page. "Adventures of Huckleberry Finn," Mare slowly read aloud to himself before opening to the next page.

This was the second book that was written by Mark Twain which was available within the Library, the other being The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.

After flicking through a few pages, Mare was rather enjoying the story so far. The comedy was gold, and the adventure was only just beginning if hardly at all. The wording of the old piece of literature kept him reading though, and ultimately, Titus was enjoying just watching the young one do so.

"Come to think of it, my belief is that the 'late' JakkuGurahamu-sama has a book in here as well," Titus could recall as he turned and started looking over the books within his collection.

Mare blinked up at him as he heard the Skeleton refer to his creator's former lover as deceased. Though quickly brushed it off as he watched those lifeless hands begin to glide over the colorful bindings of books once more.

"Hath thou ever heard his book? Hamlet?" Titus asked as his finger came to rest over the Shakespearan book between Romeo and Juliet and the Tale of Macbeth.

"Y-yes, I have. He quoted it often... Anou... 'To be or not to be' I think..." Mare nodded lightly as he closed the book in his hands looking over the Shakespeare book, having never read it himself.

Titus looked down at the young elf, "Would thou like to read it?"

"Does... Does it end like Romeo and Juliet...?" Mare asked as he went onto his tippy toes and slid the Tom Sawyer book back into its resting place, after memorizing the page he left off. He then put his hands out for the other book.

"My deductible thoughts are that it ends in tragedy, Shakespeare's books never end on good terms." Titus proclaimed with a small movement of his jaw, stroking it with his one hand.

"I... See..." Mare looked over the book before opening it to the first act. Like most of Shakespeare's writings, it was indeed a melodrama. The King of Denmark is slain by his own brother in order to gain the crown and the brother's wife for himself.

His son is soon driven mad, seeing through the plot. Mare didn't hesitate to flick one page over to the next page, over and over again. For some reason though, Mare's eyes glossed over as he read the pages of the book.

As he read over the events, he could see Hamlet's despondence over his father's death and he could see Ophelia's own depressive state. The way things were, he could relate them to his reality and to the things he had seen in the past.

To him, Ophelia was Jakku and Hamlet was Bukubukuchagama. His creator mad with vengeance for feeling wronged, and her former lover going mad himself, driven into misery. Though he did enjoy the romantic undertones of a love that was never to blossom past its infancy stage, Mare didn't finish the book and instead by the second to last act, closed it between his two hands.

"Do thou need a tissue?" Titus leaned over to the Guardian of the Sixth Floor, placing his hand on his friend's shoulder in comfort.

Mare sniffled in response to his friend's comforts. "Do... Do you think they'll ever come back?"

...

Nipping at his glass of flavorful red wine, its stem between his forefinger and middle, Barbro stared out the window of his reception room. His eyes were resting on the young wife of his, Boullope's daughter, who was taking a stroll through the Palace's gardens.

She had long brown silky hair that reached down to her flat rear, healthy soft rosy skin spotted with freckles and big doe-like brown eyes. By all means, her frame was slender and petite. She suffered from depression, kept locked away in the Palace, kept from the eyes of the public. For the first time, he had let her out to roam in the gardens, to smell the roses.

Marquis Boullope had married his daughter to him in a bid to gain control over control him in the future. It was a political marriage, so she had no real say in it. Perhaps she had someone else in mind before the arrangement, but that was the past.

The girl was about the same age as his sister, though that never mattered and would no longer if it did since Barbro was no longer himself. This Barbro wasn't planning on letting her go either.

Shifting in front of the window, he glanced over his shoulder to gaze at the room that was devoid of life. His eyes moved to his desk and contemplated with his eyes upon the stationary.

That was when there was a knock and his eyes darted for the door, "Come in." In his military garb, and ready for generally about any type of presentation, he sat down at his desk as the door opened.

Baron Cheneko and the Marquis came walking in through the door, nearly marching at that.

Cheneko was a deceptively sly looking man who tries his best to win the favor of the Crown Prince every chance he got. The Baron had light brown hair styled in a quiff that would remind one of a cinnamon roll. Upon his face was also has a curly mustache and eyebrows. To Barbro, he looked like a rat and probably was one in nature.

"Your Highness, I have brought Baron Cheneko with me today for our talks," Boullope grinned lightly, the scars on his face being illuminated by the light from the outside. Though his expression slowly faded as he saw his daughter outside the window in the garden.

"I was just watching my wife in the gardens," the Prince brought the glass of wine to his lips once more, savoring the taste for a few seconds before swallowing. "What about the talks?"

"Uh, hm..." The Marquis turned his gaze to the Prince from the window and nodded, wondering why the woman who he had sired was outside on the Palace Grounds. "About the Nation's future, your highness! You are the Crown Prince of the Kingdom after all. we must make plans in order to act on them when the time is right."

"Your Highness! By all means, if you wish for us to leave you to your wife, we will come back another time," Cheneko who would want favors from him in the future spoke hastily.

Barbro grinned lightly hearing the Baron and nodded slowly, "No. You came today, grab a seat, any seat and we will talk," lifting the glass to his lips he downed the rest of the wine before placing the glass down on his desk.

"Your Highness..." The Marquis started as he pulled a cushioned chair over to the desk, sitting down before the Crowned Prince. "Is it wise of you to be drinking at this hour?"

"We are talking about the future of the Kingdom, why must I be sober?" Without hesitation, the Prince seemed to make a soft quip, with a rather stern tone accompanied by a smile.

"Good point, Your Highness!" Baron nodded his head in quick succession, seated in a chair beside the Marquis, as he spoke.

"Be careful about nodding your head so much, Cheneko... You might give yourself a concussion," the stern expression overtook his smile to match the tone of voice the Prince used.

The Marquis simply shook his head as he looked over the Prince, watching as the royal heir leaned back in his chair. "This is the first time I've seen my daughter outside, does she have any attendants, Your Highness?"

"They're by the doors," The Prince chuckled at the father-in-law, "Now... Tell me, what is it you really want?" Barbro's tone had changed towards a darker tone as he leaned to the side, resting his jaw against his fist with his below on the arm of the chair.

"Your Highness?" Boullope kept his gaze on him, confused about his question.

"I've been thinking about this for a while," Barbro's hand shifted from his cheek and caressed his chin, feeling at his blonde beard. "You married your daughter to me... You've done me favors, sponsored me when I needed the coin. When I become king, what is your desire? Of course, you would want my support, but what other than that is there to gain?"

Boullope stared at the young prince with his pug-like eyes. With a shift of his jaw and a subtle movement in his seat, he nodded firmly. "Your Highness, what does this have to do with..."

"It has everything to do with the future of this Kingdom, as it does for the Future Queen," Barbro cleared his throat as he glanced to the side to look over to Boullope's daughter. At that very moment, they locked eyes with one another as she had turned from the roses to face the window.

Boullope watched as his daughter was almost startled by the gaze, and immediately turned away. "She is still shy with you despite it being a year already! Heh, she should know better..." Nearly stood up before the Prince raised his hand to stop him. The Marquis saw no reason for concern, he had intended on punishing his daughter for disrespecting the Crowned Prince.

"She is no longer yours Marquis Boullope," Barbro reminded the nobleman of the Nobility Faction affiliated with the Six Great Nobles. "She is my Princess Consort."

"O-of course, Your Highness. Forgive me for my offensive conduct," Boullope quickly sunk back into his chair with his head lowered in a bow.

"This offense is forgiven," uttered the Prince and shook his head as he looked to Cheneko for however briefly before turning his attention back to the Marquis.

"The King has sent out the Head Warrior out to the fringes of the Kingdom in order to combat an unknown threat that has been attacking our frontier villages," the Marquis informed with a frown. "They entrusted a mere commoner to the job and glory of a noble!"

Slowly nodding his head, Barbro didn't give much response to this news. "If the Head Warrior were to die... Who exactly would protect the King? Would it be you?"

"You surely jest your highness!" Laughed the Marquis, "I am in no position to protect the King. My place is on the battlefield, not guarding the King's side from his enemies, but the Kingdom itself..."

"I do wonder why the King, my father, hasn't offered him the Status of Nobility for his deeds and friendship. While he may be the Noble of Pigsblood should it happen," the Prince carefully eyed them as he conversed, "he could gain the title of Knight. As would his children's children."

Raising a brow at the words used here, the Marquis was trying not to burst out into a fit of laughter. The title alone was something to behold, especially as he tasted it on his lips, "A noble of pigs blood?"

"A commoner who has gained the right to passage into nobility. Before nobles were born, they were made," the Prince snarled in a light scoff, "Obviously." His eyes then trailed to his empty glass.

"That is so..." Boullope straightened his back against the chair. Normally the Prince poked at the Head Warrior because of his common-blood and how he was not a true Knight of the Kingdom.

It was the Nobility Faction themselves which were stopping the King from appointing the Head Warrior Captain as a Noble.

A small frown could be seen decorating the Prince's lips as he was still looking over his wine glass.

That was when Baron Cheneko shot up from his chair, grasped the nearby open bottle of wine and stood beside the desk to pour it into his glass.

Chuckling softly, Barbro looked to the rat who had begun to fill his glass. "Perceptive of you, Baron Cheneko," he mildly praised the baron as he filled the glass and put the bottle down before returning to his seat.

Reaching over the Prince plucked the glass back up into his hand and sipped from it.

"If there is a mole in the Kingdom speaking with the Empire, I want you two to find them," Barbro spoke with a frown across his lips. "My own ears had found that they've been too well informed."

"Your Highness?" The two Nobles furrowed their brows.

"When you find them, report them to me directly. They must be found out before the annual war approaches..." Nursing the glass between his fingers, the Prince was looking at them with serious ice blue eyes. "Both parties of the nobles must be combed through, every last drop."

"What will become of the one who is found to be the traitor, Your Highness?" Cheneko asked as he leaned forward with great interest, being given credit for taking out a traitor sounded like it would come with an immense reward.

"Their land and properties will be auctioned by the Royal Family, their families stripped of their noble status, and the perpetrator likely hung for treason." Letting out a huff at the end of his sentence, the Prince swallowed half of the contents within his glass before folding his ankle over his knee. "Of course, the one who accurately investigates and reports the traitor will be rightfully rewarded. However, if the noble accused of treason turns out to be innocent... There will be complications, that is obvious."

"Your Highness... If the traitor is one of the Six Great Nobles, how will-" Boullope was cut off by the Prince as he rose his hand to silence the Marquis.

With a grin across his lips, Barbro lulled his head to the side as he leaned into his chair a bit more than before. He was beginning to relax as he then went on to address the noble's question, "They will be dealt with accordingly. If you two play your hands right, you won't only save the Kingdom, but make a hefty profit off of doing so..."

"Your Highness, do you know who we should look into?" Cheneko queried anxiously.

Barbro looked over them callously, as if they were looking to be fed hints, "I know who is clear of any suspicion. Marquis Raeven, Margrave Urovana, Panasolei Gruze Day Rettenmaier, and my brother-in-law Marquis Pespea are not traitors."

"That makes up the majority of the opposition..." Boullope leaned back into his chair, caressing his chin in deep thought. It looked like his brain was going to go into full nuclear meltdown as he was sifting through the little information that was available to him.

This left several Nobles throughout the Kingdom that could potentially serve as a threat to their own people and the crown itself. The future of the Prince depended on it, and Boullope wasn't going to let it threaten his wager.

"I want you two to begin your investigations a week from now. You'll need to get your people and resources in order, at least I would think..." Barbro took another sip of his wine before pushing himself up and out of his seat. The two nobles did the same seeing their prize card stand.

"Your Highness, if I may ask, what made you ask this of us? Was there reason to suspect a traitor amongst the nobles of our kingdom? It is a heinous act." Marquis Boullope again decided to question the man, not wanting to be turned astray by promises of treasure that could ultimately lead him to the gallows instead.

"Looking over various records of our Annual Wars with the Empire, it is clear someone has been feeding them information... It is either being sold through merchants or directly through surrogates who dispense the information at their own discretion to a particular source." The Prince seemed to be rather adamant about this. "Now leave, the next time I see you, speak nothing of this unless there is something conclusive to report."

The two nobles nodded to him and as quickly as they came, the two went befittingly out the door.

About thirty minutes later, the side door would open and his wife came walking in slowly, peering over to see that her husband was alone and on his third glass of wine.

"Took you long enough to return, Sienna," the Prince tsk'ed his tongue at her before turning his gaze to meet her. Not at all affected by the wine he drank, Barbro placed the glass upon his desk once more.

"W-what did my father want?" His consort asked as she stared at him from across the room.

"Do not stand so far away when you talk to me," Barbro neglected to answer her question as if completely disregarding it as if it had no meaning at all. He listened to her dainty feet as she made her way across his reception chambers and up to a couple of feet away from him.

"That's better, now ask me again," raising a gloved hand she nearly flinched but held still she felt his digits lightly dragging along her skin.

"Your Highness..." She swallowed, "What did my father... Wish to speak to you about?"

Letting his hand move from her face and into her hair, he gazed over her timid persona, she was afraid of his authority "Would you believe me if I told you he was asking about you?"

"No... Not necessarily," Sienna's eyes were to the floor as she spoke, "Your Highness."

"Call me Andrean," his fingers encompassed the back of her head as he pulled her in closer to whisper into her ear, "I hate the name Barbro, Andrean is a name far more befitting of a future King."

Blinking at his proclamation, her eyes wandered up to his chest as her head lifted slightly to gaze upon his face. The arrogance that he usually aired, seemed to be hidden behind a genuine smile. Though he reeked of wine, he seemed somewhat more pleasant than all the other interactions they've shared.

"He sees me as nothing more than a tool for his ambition," this small murmur leaked from her lips.

"There is no other reason for him to pool all his resources under me if he didn't have any purpose behind it," the Prince spoke in a slow and quiet manner as he retrieved a dagger from his desk.

"What are you doing with that?" Blinking at his actions, she wanted to back away. If he wanted to do away with her, he surely could and cover it up. Yet she couldn't find the ability to move, even as his fingers were tightening around her hair.

Her eyes watched as the glistening blade was moving closer and closer to her person. Without an answer as he moved the blade close to her face, she closed her eyes tightly as it was the only thing she could do.

Sienna was expecting to be stabbed, her throat slit, or something along those manners yet none of those had occurred. She didn't quite understand what was going on at all.

Parting her lips as she then felt a light tug, the strange sensation of her head feeling light came to her attention. Surprised by the occurrence, she opened her eyes, centering her gaze on the dagger as he was planting it back on the desk. "Wha..." Confused she reached behind her head and found her brunette locks had been reduced to jaw-length.

In his free hand was the length that he had cut from her head, held in his fist. Carefully taking a string out from one of his pockets, he wrapped hair with care before placing it down beside his dagger.

"What was that for, your- Andrean?" Sienna's gaze kept jumping from the dagger and to the Crown Prince of the Kingdom, all the while letting her hand fall to her side.

"Undress and meet me in my bed chambers," He gave her soft right cheek two little playful slaps. "I'll be there in a few minutes," he folded his hands behind his back as his blue eyes stared through her.

Rapidly bobbing her head in a nod, Sienna was quick to escape the room, though he was sure he could see a faint smile across her lips.

"Now then..." He listened for the door to click shut behind her as she left.

With his wife now gone and he doors secured, he silenced the room before using, 『Message』.

"Archona, is that you?" Fenrir's voice sounded through the Shade's mind.

"Yes, Fenrir-sama," They spoke with Barbro's voice which caused an instant brief and awkward silence. "Fenrir-sama? Are you there?"

"Ah, so it seems you found a worthy host, Yes? Who is it that you're using I wonder." Fenrir seemed curious, as he had not seen inside the building as the Atlas did not show it.

"As expected to know I, Archona the Shadow of Death, have chosen a Worthy Host such as the Crown Prince of the Re-Estize Kingdom. He has quite the face... And quite the wife. Am I being spoiled?" The Shade questioned its master curiously as it crossed its host's arms.

"Oh? So one of my Floor Guardians gets married before I do, it seems you are being spoiled..." Fenrir retorted with a chuckle, clearly amused by the antics of the Shade.

Deviously grinning, the dark spiritual creature inhabiting the body of Barbro nearly squirmed feverishly in glee, "Fenrir-sama... Give me one word and I'll take their souls... Just one word. One way or another I will hand you the Kingdom on a silver platter, piping hot but still bleeding."

"All is well, Archona. You have gained a regal position within their government, use it to gather influence and subtly eliminate those who work against you if you cannot bring them under your control." Fenrir ordered with a callous tone, no longer joking around. "Thank you..."

7