YESSSSS!!!!!!!
69 6 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I had been running for quite a while, and the man quietly waits for me to catch my breath. Other than his ragged clothing and thin body, he seems to be perfectly fine. If it really was my bread that helped him, then I'm glad. Once my breath slows, he walks toward me and takes a knee before speaking.

 

"... It's wonderful to be able to see you again. My name is Gerald, and I'm sure you remember me as the man you just saved. What I'm about to say... Might come across as strange. No... It's definitely strange. I don't even know your name, and I'm already asking such a bizarre question. Um... So that is to say..."

 

The man gazed at me with a bashful expression. What even is this shoujo development?!

 

"You could have left me on the side of the road... But you still chose to save me... You're truly such a kind person... Uh. What am I saying? So... Anyway... From the moment that I bit into that bread... No. Maybe even before that. You've filled up this worn out heart of mine. Please take responsibility and marry me."

 

"I'm sorry, what? Did healing that fast drive you insane?"

 

"If it has, then the only thing it's made me crazy over is you."

 

Uh. Yeah. Sure.

 

I make a full 180° turn and start walking back towards the village. Except that I only take two or so steps before remembering that I had just run away from the village. At this point Gerald has stood up and proceeds to warn me about returning.

 

"You shouldn't go back. There's a group of very dangerous people lurking about. They've already killed everyone in the village, so there isn't anything for you there."

 

I turn to face him, only to be met by sorrowful eyes.

 

"I was too weak to help them. I'm sorry. But now that I'm healed, I'm at least strong enough to take care of you. Though I could use a few extra pounds. Come with me. Even if only until you find somewhere else to call home."

 

Ah... That crazy thing he said earlier... Did he feel bad about not being able to help? I mean it's not exactly any reason to propose to a guy you just met. This person probably doesn't have any common sense.

 

But he's right that I don't have anywhere else to go.

 

I simply nod, and he leads me through the woods until dawn breaks.

This won't take immediate effect, but what's going to happen between Jimothy and Gerald?
  • Jimothy realizes that Gerald is serious and starts falling for him. Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Jimothy rejects Gerald, only to find out that he wasn't serious. Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Jimothy friendzones Gerald for the entirety of the story, and poor Gerald just has to vibe alone. Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Gerald becomes the antagonist after being brutally rejected by Jimothy. Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 5 · This poll was closed on Jun 28, 2020 03:43 AM.
2