Chapter 5
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Next on the agenda is the Chairman's leave of absence. As of today, Chairman Baek will be stepping down temporarily due to personal reasons and will be appointing Director Baek Nancee as BaekShin's Group pacesetter to be the acting Chairman. To avoid swaying the votes of BaekShin Group's executives voting was conducted anonymously. Director Baek won by a landslide, on behalf of BaekShin Group Congratulations Chairman Baek Nancee."

Sung Tonae in a monotonous voice read the minutes of the meeting that was in front of him. The ambitious lawyer knew of Baek Mikael's move to make the grandchild he doted most on his next heir but knowing how everyone in the family will vie for the position. The crafty old man had to do things his own way by meeting behind the back of his family with top executives to push forward the idea of Baek Nancee as his successor.

"This is unfair! Grandfather how could you do this to me! Nancee is younger than me! Why was it her and not me!"

"Hari, for you to ask me why I chose your sister over you it shows that you still have a long way to go before you can catch up to your sister!"

"This is madness! My own father passes me over for my daughter!"

"Father-in-law I have served you all these years at least that should count for something. Hari is my son and he should be next in line not Nancee! What more must he do to show you that he is capable to lead BaekShin Group?!"

"I have made my decision, Lawyer Sung wrap up the meeting!"

It took shouting at the top of his lungs to conclude the emergency shareholders meeting. Baek Rosee held onto her son as she cried bitterly, believing that Baek Hari was deliberately slighted by his grandfather. 

Baek Noha's had his fist balled as though he was ready to smash anything in sight. The only cool person from the Baek family was Baek Nancee herself, the heiress and new Chairman to one of largest conglomerate was not about to let her family's unpleasantness ruin her victory.

0