Chapter 10
2.8k 18 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Myra PoV]

According to Max, this huge guy named Borden is Level 23 which means he is 14 levels above me. I have trained with big sis Amelia many times but this will be the first time I'll be in real combat. Yes, I am afraid of this giant man holding a huge hammer giving me a disgusting smile but I can't back down from this fight, I want to show to Max that my determination to get strong is real. Besides, this fight is not all about me, Max's reputation is on the line here, I can't afford to lose as his party member and his woman, though not officially, we haven't confessed to each other yet but he still keeps taking cheap advantages of me.

This huge man walked towards me and stopped a few meters away. I unsheathed my short sword. Max game me this sword, he said it's the best sword that can be equipped at my level, I don't know how the level is related to a weapon but if Max said it then it must be true.

"This is just a friendly duel not a fight to the death, we just have to see if this woman is strong enough to accompany us to the dungeon. The fight will end when one side either surrender or in no condition to fight.....FIGHT!" the little gold ranked adventurer said in a loud voice.

Borden slowly started walking towards me while dragging his hammer along the dirt. I was on my guard waiting for him to make the first move. He raised his hammer high above the head and started slamming towards me, I dodged to the left and hammer struck the ground with great force leaving loud 'Thud' sound.

'Not a fight to the death? Really?'

Seeing an opening, I thrust my sword towards him but he blocked it with hammer's handle then swung his hammer towards my head, I leaped back, avoiding the strike by hair's breadth.

"Tch! That was closed," Borden mocked me.

One hit and I'll become seriously injured if not dead, though subconsciously I am aware that Max and big sis Amelia won't let anything happen to me.

He kept swinging and slamming his hammer and I kept dodging. I knew that time he was playing with me, with so much difference in level his one serious strike could be fatal. I was out of breath gasping for air and sweating. But this huge man was still smiling in the same condition as before duel.

I felt my body becoming lighter and faster, endless strength and stamina pouring in me, I was confused about what was happening to me. I glanced at Max and he gave me a wink and a smile. I understood, he was helping me somehow. This match is already cheating by making me fight a guy with such a level difference. I wanted to defeat him fairly but I have realized it's not possible to overcome power differenced by myself. Unlike he, who's a veteran adventurer, this is my first serious fight.

While I was still in thoughts, Borden lunged forward bashing his hammer horizontally, he seemed slower to me than before, I ducked and leaped forward while swinging my sword and cutting his ankle deeply, blood splurt out.

"Ahhh! Y-You bitch!" he screamed.

He turned around, swinging the huge hammer, I don't know what Max did to me, but I could clearly see his moves which appeared slow. I backed away easily avoiding the strike. He gritted his teeth, looking frustrated.

"Playtime is over bitch," he said.

<Fury>

He used some kind of skill, his muscles bulged and expanded, skin turned redder and his eyes became bloodshot.

While roaring like a beast he pounced on me while swinging the hammer, he was so fast, I barely managed to bring the sword towards my chest to block, the hammer struck so hard that the hilt of my own sword hit my chest and I was sent flying with great force along with the sword, landing a few feet away. My both hands were in great pain, luckily they were not broken, blood was trickling down my mouth. I saw my sword not too far away from me, I started to crawl towards it on my stomach, while huge man crazily ran towards me.

"Mad Borden"
"Mad Borden"
"Mad Borden"

Adventurers around us started cheering and shouting his name. I dragged myself to the sword and with both pained hands, I held that short sword and turned around. Borden jumped in the air while raising his huge hammer high. I knew I could not block, neither I could dodge but at that moment he suddenly froze in the air, cheered died down. I looked around everyone was frozen, some people mouths were opened from shouting, others had their hands in air even little adventurer was frozen. Other than me there were only two people who could move.

"You did a good job for surviving this long," bis sis Amelia came towards me and hugged me from behind.

"W-What are you saying sis I clearly lost to that guy," tears welled up in my eyes.

Max walked towards me and put his hands on my shoulders.

"This match was unfair in the first place. Even when I was at your level, it was impossible for me to jump 14 levels to defeat someone," Max said with a smile.

I guess even a monster like him started from the bottom and here I believed he was always this strong. I couldn't control my emotions when both of them consoled me, I burst into tears and squeezed Max into an embrace and started sobbing on his chest.

I just wanted to win fair and square but ended getting help from them twice, I am still too weak and need to depend on both of them. I have to get strong, I'll become so strong that I could stand shoulder to shoulder with them.

I looked at Max, he brought his hands closer to my face and wiped my tears then he pulled my head closes and kissed me on the lips, I didn't push him away and enjoyed the feeling of his soft lips on mine.

I only came back to senses when I felt big sis Amelia's hands tightening around me, I guess she can display emotions like jealousy too.

"Master....," bis sis rolled her puppy eyes at Max begging for attention.

"There's one for you too," Max grabbed Amelia by arm and pulled her closer and kissed her too leaving me gasping for breath and red faced.

After kissing both of us Max patted my head.

"Okay, now finish the battle," Max said with a smile.

He moved towards Borden and placed his palm on his chest, I don't know what he did to him. Amelia ruffled my hair and then both moved to their original position and I too went same while lying down and sword in both hands.

When time resumed, Borden who was in the air while roaring, ready to strike, became dazed for a moment.

<Overpower>

This is a skill which is used in extreme condition to deliver a strike to opponent stronger than you, it is very difficult to block, dodge or parry. While he was still in the air, my sword vertically stabbed his abdomen ignoring his armor, he landed on top of me while my sword pierced all the way through.

All the audience who was cheering became quiet, that little girl mouth opened in 'O' shape which previously had a mischievous grin.

Author's Note: Sorry for only two chs this week, TBH I was just too lazy and tired to write anything. From now on I'll try to release 3 to 6 chs in week.

P.S This is the first time I've written a proper fight scene (the previous one didn't count, it was only one sided slaughter of Max or Amelia that was easy to write and still make it look interesting) Please tell me if it's at least average. Honestly, I am not satisfied with it but now it's written I don't want to rewrite the whole chapter to make it look better.

72