Chapter-2
99 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Edited in July 30

“Yes! Yes! Yes!”

“Hahahaaha”

Regaining consciousness, Ray heard vibrant sounds; Laughter, voices, moans. They echoed through his ears and the murmurs raved through his mind as he regained his bearings. Is this heaven? But it’s so dark.

Still lying on a flat surface, he wiggled his toes, the stiffness of his body made moving unbearably uncomfortable but the sensation of movement gave him a slight relief… a relief that he may still be alive.

Maybe it was just a nightmare.

A multitude of sounds came into his surroundings. Laughing, buzzing, scratching and a whole other range of tones Ray couldn’t comprehend.

Did I leave the PC on?  He caressed his navel, searching for any wounds. His fingers slithered through his arm, then continuing up to his belly, and the sweat that lathered his palms reminded him to change clothes. It all felt too smooth.

Ray smirked— knowing that he can still lay face down. No stab wounds apparently. Arm seems to be okay.

It might be just a nightmare, Ray finally concluded. Maybe what I read was true that Lucid Dreams can also give you nightmare if you’re not experienced enough.

He slowly opened his eyes. Nothing. There was nothing. Not even a speck of light… Nothing except for a pillow he held that felt too rough. Holding it also felt too real of course, just like the nightmare he had experienced earlier. Another strange situation. It must be one of those dreaming while you’re dreaming experience.

“Hahahahah” laughs bellow the air around him as a strange scent invaded his nose.

Oh Crap! Was I right about the diarrhea? Ray pinched his nose. He noticed a foul stench drifting in the area, it had a distinct flavor. A familiar smell, that’s why he stood up and tried to pat his behind. He sighed in relief, knowing that his ass was not the cause.   

But really what is this familiar smell?

“Hahahaha” laughs bellow the air around him.

The stench didn’t waver at all and it got stronger as time went on. Ray’s vision dulled as his stomach twitched continuously, like worms burrowing up from his stomach and into his mouth. No wound was felt... but the stinging. The twitching. They wouldn’t stop. Ray slowly clenched the corner of his pillow, body shaking. He then raised his sight upwards, looking at the sky of nothingness.

Ray threw the pillow and held his face in disappointment. “Face reality Ray, you know this… Smell”

“Hahahahaah” Ray chuckled, his voice echoed through the abyss as tears fell down on his cheeks, he remembered the hell he went through just earlier. It was real. The feeling of death and the sensation of killing someone—

The smell of murder.

It ravaged his conscience, he could still take it if he smashed a monstrous face or even a criminal… but someone who looked pure and innocent? The thought of it drove him sick.

“He has come. He has descended”

Cracks appeared on the void, like a mirror broken piece by piece. Light pierced the holes, filling the gaps with a rotten smell.

As the murmurs echoed, Ray felt a creeping cold and the hairs of his body stood up. He knew something was going to happen. Three steps back he ordered his feet, far enough from the murmurs as he slowly retreated, away from the cracks until a loud “HA” could be heard, shattering the void.

Moonlight shone. Its silver light kissing half of his body.

Ray held his mouth. His eyes bulged wide at the sight in front of him. It was a dungeon of some sort, the usual dark and dreary. Chains and cages were scattered across in the room. Fresh and rotten corpses occupied it, their smell overpowering it.

People in red robes knelt around Ray. They circled him in two layers. Their murmurs raved as balls of fire circled the large hole in the ceiling. This looked like the fantasy movies he saw… a darker one that is.

“Who are you people!?” Ray squeaked, contemplating on what he should do.

Their heads rose at his question. They were not the common people from earth. He knew just from a single glance.

Those familiar features.

Their sunken eyes gazed at Ray, mouths open with blood dripping from their fangs. Terrifying as it is, their beauty topped any person he knew.

A person from the red-robes stood. The contours of the robe signified she was a woman. The moonlight diffused a shadow on her face “My name is Iria oh Begotten One, I am the one who leads this group.” She pushed back the hood she wore.

A skin as pale like silver was illuminated. Iria clasped her hands with a crisp snap. Ray realized the woman infront was not human, her ears that pointed upwards had a length longer than the average human. She gazed at Ray as the light of the torches cracked. Her eyes glimmered a shade of red, gazing at Ray with reverie.

“We People of the Moon offer ourselves to you oh Lord” Iria kneeled on one leg, marveling at the ritual they’ve conducted. “God Astin, Ruler of the Deep, Emperor of Flames, we implore you to liberate our souls”

Including Iria, each of the red robes stood and raised their arms. The atmosphere felt by Ray took a drastic turn. Cold to hot, wet to dry, a surging heat then enveloped in the dungeon. In just a matter of seconds, a mist of red expelled from the palm of their hands. This event baffled Ray as it turned and coiled in a straight line until it formed a pointed edge. It floated for a moment until it lay gently on their palms.

A maniacal laughter echoed as they clasped the handle of their crimson swords.

Afterwards, they raised their magic conjured swords upwards, aimed its tip into their own chests and plunged it in a swift motion.

“Hail the Devourer” As Iria and the rest of the red-robes fell. With their last breath, the swords disappeared. The smell of burnt flesh loitered inside the dungeon but no blood dripped from the red robes, only sizzling.

I will not buy porn games anymore I promise to my ancestors. Just bring me back to Earth! This shit’s too freaky.

Only the crackling of the torches remained as Ray inspected the area around him. The exit or more likely the only door in the room was Ray’s only escape. He needed to get out in this hellhole. The number of corpses around him was very scary, but Ray was thankful of the fact that no blood blocked the exit. He strode and tiptoed, afraid of the possibility that the corpses might turn into zombies.

Only the hum of wind remained as the balls of fire which pranced on the ceiling disappeared.

At least there’s moonlight.



 

Strange land in a strange situation. After he opened the door, and finally out of the horror inside, Ray knelt and hurled what’s left of his stomach.

“A world of fantasy huh” wiping the snot and puke left on his mouth.

“No. No. Just be glad you’re still alive.” He grabbed his trembling arm. “Just like always Ray, just live with it.”

Ray stood up. He looked at both of his hands. The calluses he acquired through his life were now smooth.

“I haven’t killed anyone, Chocola was just a dream.”

No.

“Let’s be optimistic Ray. You are now in a fantasy world!” Ray slapped his cheeks and smiled the greatest smile he had ever smiled.

“Cool”

“Amazing”

“Magic”

Ever since he was a kid, Ray loved the concept of magic and dragons. Slaying magical beasts and whatnot was his pastime with his siblings at the orphanage. It was truly an enjoyable youth, as hitting each other with sticks and casting cringey magical incantations were the best time of his life.

But fantasy can only be called fantasy if it is not real.

Validating his surroundings, he walked towards the sight of smoke I do hope it’s a settlement and not some murder party. I’d had enough of bloodshed.

“Magic school here we go!”

He trudged alongside a paved road he found. It was well maintained. This must mean that there was at least public order in the surrounding areas.

After walking for a good thirty minutes Ray aimed his palm in front and said.

“ Firebolt!”

“Fire of the heart. Fire of the world. Vanquish my enemies with your blaze… FIRESTORM!”

“Explosion!”

“Status?”

He stood there for a good thirty seconds expecting something to happen.

“Fuck! Isekaid my ass! Shouldn’t I get some kind of power or gain the ability to level up and see stats? They called me God Astin Emperor something something for crying out loud.” 

Ray had spent most of his life indulging the culture of a certain country. Anime, Manga, Light Novels, Eroge- you could say that a good chunk of his life was all about otaku culture, with the remaining being forced social interactions. This situation was fucked up but he remembered he wanted to be one of the main characters he loved so much.

“Well, this might be a xianxia world and I just need to find my fortuitous encounter.”

He stomped his feet, back at his optimistic glee, resuming his walk.

Ray felt his skin tingle at the warm temperature. The ground he arrived at was slightly elavated, there he saw a village bustling with noise. It was circular in shape and was barricaded with wooden stakes that seemed to resemble a gigantic bear trap. The village looked quite small to be honest. He estimated a good ten minutes of walk would be enough to travel the other end.

At the center of the village, connected by two roads that lead to two gates; music played and people danced, twirling and spinning in the heat a large bonfire with no care in the world. Sniffing around, Ray could also smell burnt spices drifting in the wind, the thought of it made his stomach grumble.

“Ugh! I want to eat.”

After complaining, he once checked his belongings. In a fantasy world, basic necessities were pretty important! In other words, it would be a matter of life and death if he had the necessary equipment, and he would be in deep shit if he did not have food, medicine or money.

10 dollars and some peanuts.

“Ding3x You just won the stupid award Ray. Everyone knows that you must loot dead bodies in a fantasy world. That’s RPG 101!”

He sighed and munched on what’s left of the nuts, too tired to e even go back in the dungeon, Ray took a deep breath and started walking towards the village gate.

“Fuck it let’s go begging.”

He had no clue why he was sucked into a game, got stabbed by Chocola-tan and then summoned by some crazy cultists. Ray was in a dire situation. He was just some average guy who loved lazing around, what can he do in this world of magic?

All he knew was that, this was his new life. And no amount of whining can change it.

“Hmm… How does one beg in medieval style?”

0