Interlude 1 – Blaze
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

I remember a saying that obstacles make a man strong, but right now, I feel no such thing. My name is Enya currently 23 years old. I might seem young but I used to live in another world called earth---until that flash happened… but that’s not what’s important right now.



In the darkness of night – light shone in symphony of the deafening explosions. Enya, the one responsible of the chaos raised both of his hands and chuckled “Try killing me cowards and I can assume everyone knows what will happen.”

Fans of flame cracked, swaying in the cries of the wind. The successive bursts of crimson spurted countless smokes, swallowing the sky whole. Smelling the strong scent of fire, the howls of the Azar- the consumer of fires echoed through the desolated forest.

Seeker Ivan crunched his face as beads of sweat formed on his wrinkled forehead. He glanced at the faces of his comrades--- contemplating for the best option. Enya could already tell what the bastard was thinking. Can ten seekers face of a horde of Azar? The howls were unrecognizable. But if it’s Hypo-type Azars, they would still have a chance-- kill a tenth of them and maybe they’ll scurry away. But deep in these unknown wastelands, he will never know. He had to think fast. A fire mage’s flame can’t kill people but the beasts… yes those damned Azar.

“Now now Enya… It’s just a misunderstanding. We are seekers you and I. We find traces of lost history and treasures. The piece of Traya cannot be trifled with. Just hand over the relic and we won’t kill you” Ivan shrugged “You know your situation. Your future depends on me.”

Enya’s arm blazed in white flames. He groaned in contempt, covering the stab wound on his right hand with white fire- one of the basic fires, gifted by the Fire God Trulok to the desolate world of Chrysanthe. The blood flowing on the gaping hole went to a frozen coagulation as the tiny spheres of white enveloping him sizzled.

Enya then aimed his right arm below his feet. With a deep breath, sparks of ember radiated from his eyes. His hand emitted a faint red glow. Smirking, he looked straight to Seeker Ivan’s eye and muttered.

Kiss Trulok’s ass bastard.

Arl Sita”

Bright red light circled around Enya. Intense heat surged like a star on its final breath, rising to a terrifying degree. After the light completed its circle- a column of fire instantaneously appeared. It surrounded him, it covered him with surging heat and blew a fiery tsunami towards every Seeker. The force flung the Seekers towards the bushes, some on the branches, parts of their clothes burned. Obviously, the Seekers groaned from pain but not from the fire they received.

Taking advantage of the situation before him, Enya switched the white flame from his arms into a red flame. Enhance heat. It only took a breath for the transition. He focused on heat only, pushing for strength rather than form, and then directed a gust of hot blazing mana towards the Seekers.

All these flames... and all I managed was pushing them… haha

Blessed by the fire my ass!

At least it got the attention of every Azar in this area Enya thought, as he looked back on his life. The Blessed One, born and favored by the Fire since he was born. Enya had the natural talent, instinct and knowledge of manipulating fire. Little did he know that the inhabitants of Chrysanthe including the beasts that roam at her body- the Azar, were resistant to any flame.

“My flames may not kill you bastards but the Azar who loves fire will relish in your screams. Hahahah.” Enya laughed as he emitted every drop of his mana.

“You’re mad!”

Sounds of hooves echoed here in the forest just below the Mountain of Helen. Seeker Ivan and the Seekers turned their heads towards the thumping, it sounded to the left, to the right; until it receded to a soft whisper. In that moment, they saw Death itself.

Liquid fire dripping on their mouths- The four-legged Azar beasts came from the mana’s invitation. Flames caved into the soil and left a trail of fearsome claw hooves imprinted on the ground. Their ashen fur pulsed red blood from the flames it touched. It coalesced into veiny lines extending into their snouts.

The seekers were stood frozen in their positions; as the aura exuded by the wolves trampled their morale.

Deranged by the massive amounts of fire-induced mana lingering in the air, the Fenrir Azar leapt with their bright-red fangs and snagged a meal from the neck of Seeker Ivan, blood spurted and bubbled, his skin seared and cooked for flavor.

A good chunk of meat emitted a well-done smell, the Alpha of the Azar let out a demonic howl. No words were spoken, but at this instant, the Seekers scrambled for their lives, leaving the unfortunate victim as dinner for the Azar.

“Run bastards.” Enya laughed, drunk from Mana Overload.

0