Prologue: The End
227 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Calum Wesor woke up due to his alarm set for 6am so that he could finish his last bit of work, he didn't mind having to wake up this early anyway it's not like he was annoyed he got a little less sleep than normal, Its not like he had much of a social life anyway, he had one friend and that was it, and as of late she had been very busy, spending less and less time with Calum, so he could just sleep earlier tonight. Calum had no family either only that one friend, although the she was the only one he could talk too, he could trust, when she was busy Calum had no one he could talk to.

In Calum's own words,"It's boring as fuck when she's busy"

But it didn't matter to him, he didn't care that he had no one when she was busy and had long since since forgotten his parents who had died all those years ago, leaving him parentless, leaving him alone throughout his entire childhood causing him to sink into a depression that he has struggled to resurface from one that has followed him like his shadow, behind him his entire life.

Calum let out a sigh just thinking about his life and how miserable it was until he met her.

"Oh shit," he exclaimed remembering he was meant to be working, and that he had wasted 10 of the 60 extra minutes he had given himself to finish his work.

***

"I guess it's the same old drive isn't it?" Calum mumbled to himself while in the back of the taxi on his way to work.

"Pardon sir?" The driver called back while focusing on the road.

"N-no i-it's nothing" Calum stuttered back, feeling anxious and turned to look away in a attempt to end the conversation. That was to awkward, Calum thought to himself reminding himself that he should avoid conversation as much as possible as not to give people a reason to dislike him.

"Ok..." The driver sounding like he wanted to add something else but decided better of it.

Calum let out a breath of relief realizing that the driver would leave him alone.

***

"Sir we have arrived, also the ride will be $5" The driver said while turning back to Calum to look him the eyes as if to calm him down, but to Calum it had the complete opposite effect.

"I- I'm s-sorry sir here is w-what I owe you" Calum took the money he owed out of his pocket, stuffed it in the drivers hand then quickly got out of the taxi.

***

"Thank god that's over" Calum mumbled to himself in the elevator  , heading to the sixth of ten floors in one of the smallest branches of the A corporation.

"Calum! Get the fuck over here!" Calum's boss shouted for Calum as soon as the elevator door opened with a ding . So Calum started to move over as quickly as possible to lessen the scolding if only a little.

"S-Sir?" Calum asked not sure of what he was about to be scolded for, he was always scolded for the stupidest shit, I swear they have it out for me or something, Calum silently complained to himself while waiting for his boss to tell what he had done wrong this time.

"Calum! Can you explain why the FUCK you were a hole 10 minutes late I have let you off the hook 1 to many times" He shouted loud enough for the entire floor to hear and in turn everyone was dead quite, so quite it was creepy.

Calum around to his work colleagues for some sort of help, but as expected no one stepped up, even if someone did it's not like they could do much.

"Sir I'm sorry" I whimpered afraid of giving him some reason to fire me, but that obviously wasn't enough for him it had only made him even more angry, at this point his face was turning red and you could almost see the steam from hes ears

"SORRY ISN'T GOING TO HELP YOU THIS TIME!!!" He yelled so loud that the people in the 2 floors above and below would hear it, which is saying something because the floors were made of concrete and a few meters thick.

"S-sir what d-does that mean" Calum asked his worry increasing with thoughts like 'What if I lose my job' and 'What will I do if I lose my job, what would she say.' While falling into a pit of despair.

"CALUM IT MEANS I AM FIRING YOU" He yelled.

"W-w-w-w-what" I stuttered, my vision blurring as my eyes started tearing. "This can't be happening" Calum thought to himself.

"S-sir p-p-please I really need this job" Calum cried trying his best to look his boss in the eyes.

"If you needed the job that much you would of done it properly!" He shouted back

"No" Calum whispered to himself while falling to the floor crying.

***

 "Hey Claire, we need to talk" Calum said while attempting to hold back the tears, trying his best to not sound like a wimp to his only friend.

"Yeah sure I'll come over to your place later" She replied simply obviously not thinking much of it.

"Ok thank you, I'll see you later. Bye~" Calum said almost forgetting that he had just lost his job, because he was excited to see Clair again, but a tiny part of him was scared at how she would react and that maybe she would leave him like everyone else had, 'no' he shook his head to get rid of those bad thoughts, 'Clair wouldn't do that I can trust her, that's what she said to me'

***

Calum jumped up and pretty much ran to the front door when he heard the knock on the door, and after confirming it was who he thought it was through the hole in the door he hurriedly opened it and greeted Clair while inviting her in.

"So what did you want to talk about" Clair asked glancing curiously at Calum before turning her head to look into her handbag for something.

"O-oh u-um about that, I kind o-of..." Calum trailed off while attempting to tell her that he had been fired, while trying his best to avoid eye contact with Clair.

"Hurry up Calum, I don't have all-"

"I got fired" Calum said interrupting her while looking down at the floor. However Clair just stood up to walk over to Calum to give him a hug, or that was what Calum thought until he felt a sharp pain in his chest and everything started fading.

"C-clair w-whaa..." Calum attempted to question her, but he was just in to much pain to talk all he could do was to look down to see a steak knife in his chest and hear Clair's last words to him.

"Calum save your breath I never liked you and never will I was only friends with you because you were easy to manipulate, but now that you lost your job I don't need you anymore" She said while laughing at Calum, who was only just beginning to figure out what was happening and that realization hurt him more than the knife in his chest.

'I guess this the end' Calum thought to himself as everything gradually darkened until their was just darkness.

"No it's not!" a mysterious called to him.

 

Heyo~ It's me Kitsar like I said in the previous post I'm still very new to this and I'm sorry if the grammar is incorrect anywhere, please let me know if you do spot anything incorrect and I'll change  it as quickly as I can. Anyway I hope you enjoyed the prologue and I am planning to get the next chapter out in the next two days. thanks for reading till the end and know that any feedback is highly appreciated.

0