The Test
55 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Anyways, it seems like the trash are finally starting to wake up now."

Glancing around, I saw that the bodies on the floor were starting to move.

"Huh, what happened?"

"Where are we?"

"Mommy? Daddy?"

"Where is my family?

The people were getting up in confusion and all sorts of questions were being thrown out. There were many different people ranging from children to even a few elderly.

"SILENCE."

The chattering comes to a stop as everyone finds their eyes drawn to Lexi. As she looked down at us there seemed to be more disdain and disgust visible in her eyes than before.

"Congratulations. Even though most of you are nothing more than trash right now, you are being given the opportunity to become something more! To prevent your planet from being destroyed immediately after integration, the System selects .1% of the population to become the frontline of your planet. You guys are that .1%. Now eve..."

A gruff man interrupts her before she can continue.

"Alright, I've heard enough of this bullshit. You expect us to really believe this stupid shit going on right now? I don't know who you think you are, but if you don't tell me exactly what the fuck is going on here..."

He pulls out a knife and levels it at Lexi.

"Don't blame me for not being nice."

The next few moments happened too quickly for anyone to register. All Lexi did was smirk at the man, and as the man went to move closer he fell on the ground. Taking a look down at himself he realized that he was missing his entire left leg.

"AHHHHHHHHH"

A blood-curdling scream leaves his mouth as Lexi starts to speak.

"Listen closely and listen well. In this new world you insects are about to experience, there are people with powers beyond your imagination. If you offend someone then you damn well better be sure that you are stronger than them. Otherwise..."

She raises her hand into the sky before lightly pushing it downwards at the man's body. Not even able to release a scream, his body turns into a clear red mist that permeated the air.

"A quick death will be the best mercy that can be granted."

The entire area was silent for a moment before screams started to erupt from everywhere. My body slightly shudders as I remember the feeling I had while facing her killing intent.

"Shut up."

Lexis' words weren't loud, but they carried so much weight that the entire area dropped silent instantly.

"That's better. Now, as I was saying before a flea interrupted me.  Even though you guys are chosen, it doesn't mean you are invincible. The only advantage that you gain over everyone else is that you guys have the chance to enter the tower. The tower is only open to the chosen and a select few individuals and provides a path to power. Everyone is able to check their stats by thinking the word 'Status'."

'Status' In slight anticipation I attempt to pull up my status.

Name ______________
Rank

F + (Potential N/A)

Level

1

Title

The Hated(F rank)

 

Class

 

None

Blessings

Sword Saint(High), Unsung Hero(Low)

Skills

Sword Will(C Rank), Clouded Presence(E Rank)

Guild

None

As I was looking at my status, Lexi continued with her explanation.

"On your status, you will see 7 items. Your name can be chosen after you complete your first quest. Your level represents how much EXP you have gained. You gain EXP from defeating enemies, completing quests, and doing challenging activities. Your rank correlates to your status and strength, the higher your rank, the stronger you are. Each rank is a hell of a lot more difficult to gain than the last, but each rank you get raises your level cap. Each rank has 3 stages, mainly being Lesser, Middle, and peak. You gain titles for fulfilling certain criteria. For example, if you have murdered over 100 people you gain the Slaughterer title.  You get to choose your class at level 10 and can choose a second class at each level cap after. Classes have 8 different rankings. Trash, Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic, Legendary, Mythical, Divine. The cap for F rank is level 30. Most of you will not have to worry about blessing right now, but a few of you..."

She takes a quick glance at me and the other 3 that were awake first before continuing.

"Will already have the luck of having a blessing. Not just anyone can obtain a blessing. The only ones capable of giving a blessing are beings that are above Rank S and Divine Commandments. Blessings are special because they allow people to use powerful abilities outside of their class. Blessings have 5 different tiers, low, mid, high, peak, perfected. Each rank of blessing increases exponentially in both power and rarity."

Her gaze lingers on my face for a small amount of time before a sigh escapes her lips and she continues.

"Skills are the abilities that you can use. Skills can be gained through your class, quests, and other challenging activities. Lastly, once you hit level 10 and choose your class you can choose to either create a guild or join one. In order to create a guild, you need to have at least a Rare tier class and be within the top 1000 of your planet. After you hit level 10, there will be 3 different rankings for your world. Level Ranking, Blessing Ranking, and Kill ranking."
As she finishes speaking, a series of questions start streaming out of everyone's mouth.

"Wait, so we can choose any name?"

"How do we get blessings?"

"How do we get higher tier classes?"

All sorts of questions are asked and the only response to any of them was a disdainful smirk.

"You fleas can figure that out on a later date. It is time for you to be tested to check if you're worthy to climb the Tower Of Chosen."

A screen pops up in front of me.

Main Quest Alert!
Complete the Entry Test to the Tower Of Chosen.
Difficulty - N/A

"I'm going to be honest with you... 50% of you will not survive this test. If you don't want to take this test, you will just be brought back to the area in which you were teleported."

The people around me seemed to have mixed reactions, with most of them seemingly not wanting to take the test.

"I, uh... don't think I can take the test."

After one person decided to not take the test, countless others decided to not take the test either. Each person who decided not to take the test was surrounded in white light before disappearing. After a while, only around 40 people were still present.

"So it would seem that everyone else that is still present, would like to take the test."

Everyone glanced at each other, each person carrying a strong determination behind their gaze.

"Good. For this entry test, the better you do, the better the rewards you will gain. The test is different for each of you, but the difficulty will be relatively the same. Good luck humans, You will need it.

As she finishes speaking a sigh escapes my lips as a sense of weightlessness fills my body before everything turns black.

//////////////// Inside the white room ////////////////

A deafening silence fills the room as a single entity stares at the ground where a person was standing just a moment ago. On the entities face lies a pondering look, before that look transforms into an interested gaze.

"Mid-Rank sword variant, huh... I wonder just how far you will go in this test."

After these words, the entity disappeared, leaving the room to return to its steadfast silence as it lies in wait.

1