Attribute system
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A sense of amazement passes through me as I stare at the large number of notifications.

You have gained a level! (+ 2 free stats)

Congrats you have unlocked the first step on the path to power, the attribute system!

You have gained a level! (+ 2 free stats)

You have gained a level! (+2 free stats)

Sword Will resonates with you, increasing your ability to handle a sword.

You have defeated the named enemy 'Khalzar The Hidden'

You have gained a level(+4 free stats)

You have gained a level(+2 free stats)

Khalzar The Hidden dropped Dark Cloak(Common)

Entry trial completed, calculating completion rank...

Completion Rank - 100%

You have gained a level (+2 free stats)

You have gained the title True Initiate

Practically shaking at the amount of information that I was hit with, I start from the top and open up the so-called attribute system

Vitality - Affects how healthy you are 12(+2)
Strength - Affects how strong you are 10(+2)
Perception - Affects how perceptive you are 14(+2)
Agility - Affects the speed of your actions 12(+2)
Dexterity - Affects how dexterous you are 10(+2)
Intelligence - Affects your ability to learn new things 8(+2)
Wisdom - Affects your ability to retain information 8(+2)
Free Stats 14

Taking a second to take in all of the information I start to think about the implications of the stats. On paper they 'affect' certain aspects of a person but how much does each point do? What stats are more important? I would assume that my stats are higher than the average person because not only do I work out regularly, I used to practice kendo. A quick estimate would be that the average for a regular person is around 10 points in a stat.

Deciding to do a little testing, I do a quick sprint around the pedestal before putting a point into agility and sprinting around it again. The speed difference wasn't too big, but noticeable if paying close attention. Pondering for another moment, I put another 2 points into agility before sprinting around the pedestal once again. This time the speed difference in comparison to the first time was noticeable enough to where I could FEEL the speed difference. If the attributes do exactly what they say, I wonder what exactly intelligence and wisdom do. The rest is pretty self-explanatory, but retaining information and learning new things seems kind of... different. Deciding that now isn't the time to truly consider the implications of the attributes I ponder upon how exactly I want to distribute my last 11 free stats. After a moment of hesitation, I put 2 points into perception, 2 points into dexterity. 4 points into strength, 1 point into vitality, and the last 2 points into agility. Pulling up the attributes again, they looked much better.

Vitality - Affects how healthy you are 13(+2)
Strength - Affects how strong you are 14(+2)
Perception - Affects how perceptive you are 16(+2)
Agility - Affects the speed of your actions 17(+2)
Dexterity - Affects how dexterous you are 12(+2)
Intelligence - Affects your ability to learn new things 8(+2)
Wisdom - Affects your ability to retain information 8(+2)
Free Stats 0

After looking over that, I look at my 2 other new gains.

Dark Cloak (Common) - A cloak worn by an assassin that worked in the shadows. Vitality + 1, Agility + 2

True Initiate - Passed the entry trial of the tower with a 100% completion rate. You have proven yourself worthy of climbing the tower, and don't fear using your strength to do so. + 2 to all stats

Putting on the cloak, I notice that the stone pedestal was once again holding a message on it.

Entry Trial Complete

Enter Name: ______

Enter my name? After a moment's hesitation, I decide to go with a name that only a few people knew me by.

Welcome to the system Zero.

After the message pops up, I feel the same weightless feeling as before as my vision starts to leave me. 

"Welcome to the system, ey? Let's see what exactly you have in store for me..."

/////////// Excerpt from the book ' Attributes and you!' \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

While many people tend to think of attributes as just 'numbers' to me they are so much more. They are mini-systems able to quantify and qualify someone's power and compare them to others. While some races are born with significantly higher attributes than others, some races have attributes that others don't start out with. The concept is... interesting to say the least. I once talked to a being of Nabuin descent and I was told that his race started out with over 100 points in their vitality stat before even getting their first class. Some may think this is unfair, but as someone who researches the system, I know there must be a reason for this. The System is a lot of things, but it's not needlessly unfair. These attributes to some people are their power, their strength. To others, attributes are naught but a means to an end. What do your attributes mean to you?

////////////////////////////// Break\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

0