7. Evolution
2.8k 13 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I dozed off I didn’t expected myself to see something similar to a character screen but I did. It was endless.

No mana core detected. Failed at this level core is not available.

Enough Biomass was collected. Fifty biomass consumed.

The evolutionary overcharge bonus is in effect.

Basic abilities maxed out.

Extra evolutions unlocked.

Status screen upgrades in progress.

Mutations unlocked.

Skills obtaining unlocked.

Please select from the choices bellow and make sure to mentally confirm each and every one of those individually.

First obviously I had to pick my path forward. What is it that I want to be able to do. Do I want to tank up? Be more smart? Quick? I had to pick my path first and then chose mutation accordingly. So I started scrolling through evolution paths first. Unfortunately I cannot see branching options for future evolutions but a list of five right now available evolutions were easily there for me to scroll through.

Black rat. Regular evolution path branching from the small black rat. Improving basic abilities of the species and unlocking a greater control over the tail. Generalist evolution and the most common and basic of evolution.

Superior black rat. This evolution is the regular evolution path but with all of the bonuses of overcharging evolution by consuming great deal of biomass. It enhances every aspect of black rat evolution and gives massive priority bonus to be chosen as mate partner.

Winged small black rat. Most unique small rat evolution path. Sacrificing evolutionary progress for a while for increased utility and choices in future. Very rare evolution and gives access to unique winged evolutions and mutations otherwise impossible to access.

Armored rat. Unique evolution path for small rat. Growing exoskeleton to protect the rat from harm. Very tough to deal with and potentially the strongest evolutionary path for the rat species in general.

Decay rat. Special evolution for small black rats only. This evolution path is specialized into dealing with any prey it comes to contact with by inflicting all sorts of harm full effects on them. Very despised by humans and the only rat evolution that cannot be killed by any disease.

Okay… seems interesting. Pretty much everything except the boring and useless regular black rat evolution path…

Logically speaking if something has the words strongest it should be the best. But that might be subjective. I think despite the scary name it should be obvious picking the decay rat option. It is the only extra option that’s only available to small black rats. It should be the best generally speaking. The winged and the armored both sounds op but I will pick the decay option anyways. Who cares about what humans think huh?

With that said and done confirmed in my mind I had still plenty to chose from. Just now I realized only after picking the evolution and it was set in stone then the mutation options were available. I guess the base version of species doesn’t have access to the mutation. And the next, this is I can mutate body parts once. I tried to mutate my tail more than once. But it let me only once.

There is a lot of options but for the first one I decided to go with my tail. It is the cheapest mutation biomass cost is like ten at most. Which I also picked.

It improved the overall strength of the tail. There were options that were definitely tempting but I decided simple and effective is enough.

Then I proceed to upgrade the rest of my body with the same thinking. Excluding the teeth. I picked the most expensive upgrade on my teeth which was decay teeth. It gave my teeth the option to release both diseases and poison to my unfortunate victim.

With that all done. I still had twenty biomass left over and nothing important to improve with it. Well checking the skills next.

Yet again literally every single possible option I could think off. Every costing one skill point. From dodging, rolling, enhanced perceptions to literally casting magic and knowledge of stealth. Everything was tempting. Maybe few exceptions like mating presence was kind off meh. But maybe even that had its use.

I wish I could know what I am getting exactly. Even the evolution paths were vague enough. Like dodge skill has literally description of the understanding how to move your body when in need to avoid incoming attacks….

I know… that’s how dodging works but how does that skill work exactly. Is it passively moving my body on my own or projecting knowledge into my brain or wut? Oh well only one way to find out. With five skill points it is not like I can buy every one skill I see or want. So I decided on these five. Need to grind them as fast as possible for sure.

Dodge, endurance, stealth, Poison mastery, Disease mastery.

With everything set up and done I had the option to use my excess biomass that would go to waste to increase my overall physical and mental abilities. Which I promptly did.  Hopefully I as in me myself would not cease to exist… and then I really doze off.

66