9. Stealth
2.3k 5 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mapping the layout of dungeon was going great. I have completed the memory map of the entire first floor which was insanely big even dared to venture into the death brawl for a little. Obviously stealth was the only mode of movement for the entire day. It took me about a day or maybe two to map out what I found out first floor of dungeon.

Pretty basic stuff in general. I have made sure to remember all the places where I saw creatures pop out of the walls and also all the places where lower floors of dungeon could be entered, I have noted which creatures are present on the first floor and all the exits from the dungeons. There was only one exit on this floor anyways and three passages to lower floors.

Also I indeed jinxed myself. The dungeons exits are blocked by man made gate. Clearly too well build for any of the creatures that I saw so far to even make a dent. Maybe I am underestimating them but it just seems super massive.

There is only one possible thing to do.

Obviously stay clear from the gate.

Descend the dungeon, get stronger and find out what is it that I want to do with my new life.

I want to think on the plan some more but the paltry leftovers I managed to scavenge in the death brawl expanse was not nearly enough for me. I am getting insanely hungry. It is time to hunt again.

Going into the expanse through what I would call my personal shortcut because I have never seen any creature in there.

Yeap, jinxed it again.

My personal shortcut had the shadow wolf I previously stalked when he went to evolve, he was clearly too well equipped on dealing with my little ass. I hoped that my stealth would prove superior again but it failed. I think he smelled me or somehow got the whiff of me. Not sure why.

It pissed him off so much for whatever reason. Even more so than anyone else so far. I have been spotted from some distance and even chased a bit there and there by few hornets that I barely avoided death from but it was different he was clearly pissed. Not hungry but pissed.

I did the only thing that made sense at the time. And started to bullet jump out of there. It was a great move. The wolf was clearly faster than me but my jumping away like madman strategy proved successful, I lost him around my twenty jump. Obviously I didn’t bother to verify if I by any chance lost him sooner than that I just made some extra jumps to be on the safe side.

Great… I ran but now I am even more hungry. I suspect the only reason why I didn’t pass out yet from all this crazy jumping and hunger is my skill endurance. The skills don’t seem to level up that slow. But I am deadly positive they level up in fights way more efficiently. The greater danger the better efficiency.

Time to get to the expanse and get some food. Or I really will die again.

Casually walking utilizing the stealth all the way through the maze tunnels, around the spider lairs and few holes that I never saw before that I am dead positive lead to bellow into ant lair. This is getting more and more fucked up. Ants are pushovers but with great numbers you can kill even gods. I will need to deal with them eventually for sure. Right now, nope.

Reaching the expanse of murder is ironically making me a bit relieved. After all where to better use stealth than in literal chaos. Highly doubt those poor bastards have time to be on lookout for some pussies hiding in shadows.

Before me is the usual. Hornets seem to dominate lately the sky. Progressively less and less other species are seen in the air. Curiously enough they don’t really target ground monsters that much. Except me if they spot me. Thankfully they didn’t yet.

Then there are the bears. I swear to god I will have to name them eventually I think I already started to realize those are the very same bears I saw initially. One of them being super huge already.

Just when and where did he find the time to evolve?? Hm.. I will check on that later but right now lets scavenge as much as possible.

Going trough shadows sticking to ground and walls mostly I run across the fields. Scanning for best places to be I found out one bigger mushroom that fits perfectly for my size that is relatively close to one of the bears and cast enough shadow to abuse it a bit.

The bear piled up quite a bit of food and I will make sure it gets eaten properly before it spoils.

I think rats could eat even that but doubt It is going to be comfortable for me to do. Just thinking about that and properly realizing all the smells and noise currently bombarding me is making me nauseous. Please no. If I make any sounds right now I am so dead.

Managing to equalize and get used to all the horrible things and scanning as much wide area with my eyes both in air and on ground I can manage to properly time my jump in and out to stay hidden and feast a little. Well that’s the plan anyways. I get ready. I aim and JUMP.

I landed right where I wanted close enough to a dead boar quickly bit the dead body and after realizing I cannot jump back with the boar in my mouth I started quickly dragging it on the ground into the mushroom shadow. I swear those three seconds felt like infinity. I was so scared but fortunately the bear was handling five crabs and few boars currently and was just far enough to not notice me.

I honestly believe one of the crabs saw me but he died for his sins of looking away from the bear for even a damn second. Damn he is fast… after I almost pissed my pants and was sort of safely underneath my damn mushroom mother I started to eat.

Like a madman. Every second counts. I got to eat fast. I am speed. GOGOGO.

It was good. Very good.

Who would’ve thought that boars taste like boar…

Damn its good.

59