15. Genius
1.9k 7 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I ran through the expanse at great speed. Only few minutes passed since the wolf massacred everything, but it already seemed that monsters are extremely motivated to come back and restart the brawl again. The hornets in particular were back even faster than I thought. Then I had to slow greatly to stay hidden from them.

Just what is happening here?? It makes no sense for the monsters to just randomly waltz into the middle of expanse and duke it out.

I mean I understand monsters are well… monsters, so the need to fight is obvious, but it still makes no sense. Why would they care about this particular spot. Highly doubt it is because of the vegetation that I deemed harmless and never saw any of the monster eat any part of it except me. It wasn’t bad and I think I could’ve survived purely from it but the biomass gain were abysmal.

It didn’t take me that long to successfully pass the expanse without any of the hornets noticing me. Fortunately.

Anyways I ran into the tunnel close to the one the wolf chose to use going away from the expanse. I wasn’t mad enough to just use the same tunnel that’s nuts to even think about.

I still wanted to be somewhat close to it… I needed to act fast I believe I know what the wolf is about to do and pretty sure I also know where. As he was unlucky enough for me to spot it last time.

I also have no doubts the wolf would feel threatened by anything… pretty sure he is not even going to think anything would dare to close the distance to him.

That’s where you are wrong wolf.

There is still me.

I wouldn’t  let this chance slip me.

Sure enough I was right, as I masterfully navigated through the tunnels pretty much already at home, I have reached the place right before the entrance to the floor bellow and right next to the dead end tunnel where was the cozy place for the wolf to sleep.

Well not exactly cozy but it felt safe because few rocks blocked out the vision there so you could just hide behind them. I even still could see my own room where I evolved…

Didn’t even see him yet and I already knew he is there. Really don’t know how exactly, maybe combination of all my senses but I felt him. I could’ve sworn I know exactly where he is even being past a wall and most importantly while still stealthed I approached him and confirmed that he is soundly asleep.

The poor bastard is evolving. I am sure of it. This is a huge chance.

Also a good way of confirming that while evolving you are defenseless.

There was one huge problem. The shadows are still very deadly. I thought it was just a look thing, despite feeling dangerous energy coming from it I didn’t expected them to actually do anything.

Well I was wrong, when I tried to bite the wolf it almost killed me. It felt like super heated knife going through butter that was me. I nearly killed myself before I stopped. The shadows were cold but they cut so sharply and the wolf was almost fully coated in them. There was no way for me to kill the wolf because my only way would be to bite him which I already confirmed would cost me my life likely way faster than the wolf.

I swear I spend at least an hour contemplating what to do and frantically jumping left and right, desperately trying to calm myself down as I was so damn pissed off that I cannot do anything.

I am helpless, there is just damn no way how to kill this bastard for me.

I was about to leave because even after hour of brainstorming the way I never thought possible for me ever before I had no clue. Fuck it… better be safe and I will catch up to you in the future, just you see prick.

What is this??? IS HE ACTUALY IN PAIN?? HAHA SERVES YOU RIGHT!!! The poor wolf was dying. I don’t understand how but I knew he is in pain. Well it is easy to notice the wolf in pain I just don’t understand why… but god was I not happy to realize what it could imply.

Did he fuck up his evolution??? That’s some scary premise, considering I am complete noob when it comes to it. I am sure no matter what the wolf is guided by his instincts and I doubt they can be wrong when it comes to it. Jesus there might be a flat out chance you die during evolution???

Scary, really damn scary.

I have stayed close by because I was so damn curious what and how will the wolf end up… completely disregarding the possibility of him waking up any second and tearing me to shreds.

Honestly despite being clearly way smarter than ever before probably because of my brain mutation I missed to realize that pain could be just normal evolution sign… after all the body has to go through fundamental changes so it would only make sense some are uncomfortable.

Suddenly extreme feeling of explosion in my chest abruptly woke me up from my daydreaming.

I really am genius at being retarded.

Seriously… I have just killed the wolf.

The second the wolf died I knew I killed it because my level exploded up.

I knew from the bear fight and spider kill only confirmed it.

It feels insanely much more suffocating than before from the spider. As the feeling of experience piling up only to not be able to increase one level is still fresh in my mind.

I have no doubts I just wasted extreme amount of experience but was also damn sure I am max level for my current tier.

For being probably smarter than anyone else than I ever knew I am really stupid. How could I miss such simple and elegant solution.

I already had idea what is up but had to confirm it anyways.

Status

Name: Felix

Race: Decay Rat

Level: 11/10(-.-)

Fame: 1000

CP: 3.3

HP: 33

MP: 1.1111111111

SP: 10

BM: 21

Skills:  Weak poison lvl.2, Weak disease lvl.2, Decay Aura lvl.5, Disease immunity, Perfect Bite lvl.5, Bullet Jump, !?.Status.?!.,Dodge lvl.2, Endurance lvl.5,Expert Stealth lvl.5, Poison mastery lvl.2, Disease mastery lvl.2

Evolution: Strengthened bones, Strengthened tail, Improved eyesight, Improved hearing, Improved whiskers, Improved nose, Faster digestion, Enhanced brain, Decay teeth.

Okay, I got a name. Yay!!

That’s actually awesome. I think I got recognized by something and it felt great.

Anyways I confirmed what I thought. Even puzzled about the level weirdness, probably bug or so… but I know why I killed the wolf.

While I cannot somehow focus on the individual parts of my status leaving me only with guessing game, I have no doubts decay aura killed the wolf.

It might be garbage because it took few hours to do so but I am sure that’s because it was weak back then and this was considered fight so it probably skyrocketed in levels purely by slaying the wolf.

Wish I could damn check the effects Jesus. Oh damn, I am still happy with the results. I got a name and I am currently again max level. I just need to eat the wolf and move on.

Weird that the shadows didn’t disappear even after the death of the wolf I tried to bite it slowly and to my surprised it didn’t do anything now.

It is time to eat.

I nearly finished gulping the entire wolf leg when I was already full… eh.. okay. I have time, only means there is insane amounts of biomass so it is cool with me.

I wanted to eat the wolf as fast as possible but decided to sleep.

Making damn sure not to initiate the evolution menu just yet I actually managed to do so. I guess it is not mandatory to evolve right away so that’s good.

I am excited but still fell asleep soundly.

60