Chapter 6: Revelation
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

COUGH

Alerik's dark mysterious eyes took in the sight of the human who was coughing, a first sign that he was now indeed alive.

"Where am I?"

Dr. Lu Henry saw a looming figure in dark clothing stare at him with unreadable eyes. Not knowing that he was the victim of a supernatural mishap, the doctor's eyes roamed about as he tried to piece together the scene around him. 

"I am the Death God, Alerik. You, a human, met with an accident which killed you but I saved your life."

Dr. Lu Henry's neck snapped up when he heard that he died from a fatal road accident. What was even more surprising was that a person that he had never seen in his life was claiming to have rescued him with no scratches to his body.

As a rational man, on top of being a highly skilled doctor not to mention that his specialty in psychiatry led him to believe that the mysterious figure was too suspicious for his liking and seemed to be saying things that made absolutely no sense to him!

"Death God?! What is this? Another person that has gone off the rail. You just can't judge a book by it's cover, to think that after all these years in psychiatry there are still people like this young man that can catch me unawares by their crazy talk."

While Lu Henry blankly stared at the man he presumed to have gone insane, Alerik decided to use that time to take matters into his own hands. When the Death God saw the frozen pale face of the human he felt something akin to pity towards him. With a snap of a finger the invisible shield that protected the senses of Lu Henry fell off.

Suddenly he saw strange looking things floating around, they all varied in shapes and sizes. Some looked like insects, trees and the things he saw on a regular basis.

"Is that a spoon?! Do spoons now walk? Hold it! Doctor Lu! Think! If you admit you are seeing them then that means you've lost your mind! You know where people that lose their minds go!"

The image of being locked up in a psychiatric ward stirred up fear in the heart of Dr. Lu Henry, he recalled all the times he had referred his patients to a psychiatric hospital but to have himself on the other end was too much for the doctor to handle.

"Human, you refused to believe I'm the Death God, by bringing you a step closer to my world you can no longer deny what I told you."

Alerik in a cool tone revealed to the panic stricken human of his fate that had been forever altered but by so doing the Death God left out the part that he had a hand in what happened to the doctor. 

0